It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Co-founder of Fusion GPS behind Trump-Russia dossier to plead the Fifth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Watched this earlier ...quite the group

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
pretty much efd up law to hide things, im just trying to understand the reason behind it, like lets make this #ty law so that we can hide things and avoid questions, what a f# regulations, perfect isn't it

Well in the US we dont torture our prisoners or Suspected criminals to get information out of them(unless they are over seas or in blacksites)

Sometimes a 5th taker is actually innocent(rarely)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
They are also afraid to be questioned about the dossier.
If they are forced to admit under oath that it is fake...the entire basis for the Russia/Trump narrative collapses.

News organizations don't take the dossier seriously, and the FBI doesn't, either, unless they corroborate the claims with other sources of intel.

I don't take the dossier seriously and most people I know haven't even heard of it.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Canada turned one of its citizens over to the CIA who flew him to Syria where he was tortured ... The guy actually got back home and sued the crap out of the Govt and won .

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Already posted this elsewhere, but it must be important given that it is carefully ignored by the MSM ...

How Russia-gate Met the Magnitsky Myth

Near the center of the current furor over Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with a Russian lawyer in June 2016 is a documentary that almost no one in the West has been allowed to see, a film that flips the script on the story of the late Sergei Magnitsky and his employer, hedge-fund operator William Browder.

The Russian lawyer, Natalie Veselnitskaya, who met with Trump Jr. and other advisers to Donald Trump Sr.’s campaign, represented a company that had run afoul of a U.S. investigation into money-laundering allegedly connected to the Magnitsky case and his death in a Russian prison in 2009. His death sparked a campaign spearheaded by Browder, who used his wealth and clout to lobby the U.S. Congress in 2012 to enact the Magnitsky Act to punish alleged human rights abusers in Russia. The law became what might be called the first shot in the New Cold War.

According to Browder’s narrative, companies ostensibly under his control had been hijacked by corrupt Russian officials in furtherance of a $230 million tax-fraud scheme; he then dispatched his “lawyer” Magnitsky to investigate and – after supposedly uncovering evidence of the fraud – Magnitsky blew the whistle only to be arrested by the same corrupt officials who then had him locked up in prison where he died of heart failure from physical abuse.

Despite Russian denials – and the “dog ate my homework” quality of Browder’s self-serving narrative – the dramatic tale became a cause celebre in the West. The story eventually attracted the attention of Russian filmmaker Andrei Nekrasov, a known critic of President Vladimir Putin. Nekrasov decided to produce a docu-drama that would present Browder’s narrative to a wider public. Nekrasov even said he hoped that he might recruit Browder as the narrator of the tale.

However, the project took an unexpected turn when Nekrasov’s research kept turning up contradictions to Browder’s storyline, which began to look more and more like a corporate cover story. Nekrasov discovered that a woman working in Browder’s company was the actual whistleblower and that Magnitsky – rather than a crusading lawyer – was an accountant who was implicated in the scheme.

So, the planned docudrama suddenly was transformed into a documentary with a dramatic reversal as Nekrasov struggles with what he knows will be a dangerous decision to confront Browder with what appear to be deceptions. In the film, you see Browder go from a friendly collaborator into an angry adversary who tries to bully Nekrasov into backing down.

Movie trailer :

Nekrasov interview :

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Any questioning about the dossier would certainly veer into questioning about the Trump Jr. meeting. At that point, the Fusion guy would have to admit that he set up the meeting as an anti-Trump stunt, and that could be used as evidence in a libel lawsuit by the Trumps. And if he tries to lie about it, he sets himself up for a perjury charge. So of course he's going to crawl into a hole and hide.

It's instructive to note that Trump's people are all willing to talk about this, because they don't feel that they've done anything wrong.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Not to mention on the Dems are hiding from testifying like Susan Rice. But no media backlash. While most Trump supporters are willing to testify in public at will.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I really love watching libs going absolutely ape-crap over anything Trump does. I accepted several on FB and it's really fun to watch. I started replying to their posts with facts, AND they just called me names. One even told me I was racist because I'm not a liberal. Seriously. AND others agreed with her.

Did Trump sell American Uranium to Russia, who then contributed a sizable "donation" to his "Foundation"? Oh, yeah, no, that was Hillary. I brought that up, and of course, instead of discussing that topic, they immediately try to change the subject to Trump and Russia. I told them, "okay, fine, let's start that investigation, now shall we start the Hillary investigation too please"?

LET THE NAME CALLING BEGIN!!!!!

Fred.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
I really love watching libs going absolutely ape-crap over anything Trump does. I accepted several on FB and it's really fun to watch. I started replying to their posts with facts, AND they just called me names. One even told me I was racist because I'm not a liberal. Seriously. AND others agreed with her.

The Leftists ARE fun to hear squawk.
Sometimes I need to tune their ravings out for a while...but generally they're quite entertaining.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Because the DNC seems to always project or try to it should actually help point us in the correct direction ... This is just another bomb in the bigger blast coming

edit on 25-7-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

They will eventually get to one of them. If the pressure builds enough and it appears they may take the fall, a plea will likely be reached.

...and then there'll be another case of Arkanside.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: yuppa

Canada turned one of its citizens over to the CIA who flew him to Syria where he was tortured ... The guy actually got back home and sued the crap out of the Govt and won .

You missed the part i put in ( ) i see.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Worthless Democrats used Obamacare to block Bill Browder from testifying. Why the hell is that not plastered all over the #ing news instead of the useless transgender issue?

Senate Democrats used a parliamentary maneuver Wednesday to cut short a high-profile hearing, where a key witness was set to testify on Russia's misdeeds and also raise fresh allegations against the company behind the infamous anti-Trump dossier.

Bill Browder, the CEO and co-founder of Hermitage Capital, was set to tell the Senate Judiciary Committee that the co-founder of the firm Fusion GPS was hired to conduct a "smear campaign" against him. Further, he planned to testify the campaign was orchestrated by Natalia Veselnitskaya -- the Russian attorney who sought the highly scrutinized Trump Tower meeting with Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort in June 2016.

Browder released written testimony ahead of the hearing but his public remarks were delayed when Democrats invoked the "two-hour rule" to protest Republican efforts to repeal ObamaCare. The seldom-used rule bars committees from meeting more than two hours after the full Senate begins a session.

russia-probe-democra ts-block-key-witness-against-shadowy-firm-fusion-gps
edit on 26-7-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Damn skippy. This is over when we give up, when we say so.

To everyone that wants to keep wasting millions of my tax dollars to bother MY PRESIDENT, Where is the EFFING evidence?

Dumbasses.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

It is mostly the alt-media that is reporting on it :
Senate Democrats Delay Witness from Testifying Against Fusion GPS

Senate Republicans who were eager to question Browder slammed the Democrats’ decision to limit the hearing to two hours, which was reportedly in protest of GOP efforts to repeal ObamaCare. Browder is now scheduled to testify Thursday at 9:00 a.m.

Patience ...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well well well.... just heard that the Russians were also paying Fusion GPS.
They are an undeclared agent of the Russian govt, employed to smear opponents.

So it seems that the collusion was between the Clinton campaign and initially never Trumpers on one side, with Fusion GPS in the middle and Russia on the other side.

No wonder Fusion GPS are stalling.

The Clinton campaign employed Russian agents to gather information about Trump

edit on 27/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Turns out he testified behind closed doors:

Trump ‘Pee Tape’ Dossier Researcher Tells Investigators He ‘Stands By’ Explosive Allegations About Russia Links

Glenn Simpson, whose firm compiled an infamous and salacious dossier about President Donald Trump’s ties to Russia, told Senate investigators Tuesday that he “stands by” its findings. The private investigator and former reporter spent more than 10 hours being questioned by the Senate Judiciary Committee after Chairman Chuck Grassley withdrew a subpoena when Simpson agreed to testify behind closed doors.

10 hours of testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: links234
I wish his testimony were to get leaked.

Btw, this conversation seems extremely one sided.
Where did everyone go?
Hmm...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You either know it's the truth and there is nothing much to say because what is there to add or you don't even want to argue because there is nothing to argue.

Someone pleads that 5th and it looks bad.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Leaky, leaky, somebody made a stinky.

What's that Chuck ?
Computer files........... sure,well be glad to take a look at them.

Buck

top topics

<< 1   >>

join