It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh what fresh Hell is this...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
We haven't had rain to speak of for.....well, I can't remember the last time it rained for more than 3 minutes. Not even enough to lay the dust and I've been making the city very happy, because they're going to get to charge me lots of money for all the water I've used on my garden, trees, roses, etc.....

Now, it's 112 degrees where I am and the humidity is so high that, when you go outside, it's like walking into a sauna while having a warm wet blanket wrapped around you, so what do I see out the window? It's getting dark. But wait...it's only 5:30 and it shouldn't be getting dark. So, I look out at the sky. Clouds. Big thick ones. Then, I check the weather app. A tiny, tiny thunderstorm is kicking up just West of me and what does that mean?
Rain.
Maybe.
And what do you get when you mix a little rain with already high humidity and heat? More Humidity!...which makes it feel even hotter

Yay.

It's friggin hot out there folks.
Stay hydrated.

edit on 21-7-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I lived in West Texas many moons ago and can remember going through and extensive drought, it seemed like it hadn't rained in 6 to 8 weeks (I'm sure it wasn't that long just seemed like it). When it finally did rain I can still remember that smell and I just sat under my carport and watched it, it was beautiful.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Thank the good lord my 180acres of cotton and onions is irrigated or we would have lost it all. Now if we can keep from getting hailed out....

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

In FL and the AC in my car is broken. I pray for cloud cover.

Rain is ok but then I get to work with my left side soaked.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Mine is low on refrigerant, so it's pretty useless on even the best days. I just roll down the windows and hope for the best.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I hate the heat and humidity with a passion! 112 degrees? I'd be dead!

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hang on to your hat. I see storms kicking up all over the South. Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana and Florida.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I don't really mind the heat, it's the humidity I can do without. My arthritis loves all the heat, but when the humidity gets this high, I get all my outside stuff done early in the morning and then just stay in as much as possible. I go out a couple of times a day to put out fresh cool water for the wild animals, like squirrels, rabbits,raccoons, etc.
In these dry conditions, they don't have many options for water.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gatexan

My sister lives in the DFW area and several years ago, they didn't have rain for something like 100 days. I went down right toward the end of the dry spell and it was miserable.
edit on 21-7-2017 by DAVID64 because: apparently my fingers are tongue tied.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

4x55.

These hipsters with their fancy "air conditioning "

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Feeling your pain. It's been rocking hot here with humidity so high you can write your name in the air. The daily monsoons start just as I leave work, so no yard work possible, but MORE humidity the next day.

It's so hot outside I have the AC up to 76 and have the nerve to whine it's cold in here. That was when I decided I'm both old and insane.

BTW watering my critters too since it's so miserable for them.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I could never live in an area where it's always hot. Today my wife and I were walking the dog and it was 75 with humidity. We complained about it being too hot and humid and then I laughed saying down south this is probably cool to people who live down there.

People can't easily escape the heat as compared to the cold. Up north we can easily throw on a sweater, jacket or coat and still enjoy the outdoors. We've been to Florida and at times when you open the door it seems like you just opened an oven! We have a cousin who lives in Australia. He can't imagine what it's like living in temperatures below freezing, lol. He's never seen or handled snow. He asked my wife if I had one of those machines that remove the snow, lol. It's just like having a lawn mower for us northerners during the winter.

I grew up enjoying the 3 seasons. We don't have to worry about tornados, hurricanes or torrential rains damaging or flooding our homes. Which is something I can't imagine for people who live down south. The worst we have to worry about is getting 2 feet of snow during the winter, downed power lines during ice storms, strong thunderstorms during the summer and an occasional threat of a possible tornado that never becomes much of a threat. With climate change our weather may start looking more like the south. Our winters have become much warmer and we've seen much less snow than the winters I grew-up in as a child.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You and me both star! Us northerners have thick blood running through our veins, lol. After a cold winter when it hits 60 degrees, us northerners pull out the shorts and hang up our jackets. It's outdoor picnic weather for us, lol.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
We haven't had rain to speak of for.....well, I can't remember the last time it rained for more than 3 minutes. Not even enough to lay the dust and I've been making the city very happy, because they're going to get to charge me lots of money for all the water I've used on my garden, trees, roses, etc.....

Now, it's 112 degrees where I am and the humidity is so high that, when you go outside, it's like walking into a sauna while having a warm wet blanket wrapped around you, so what do I see out the window? It's getting dark. But wait...it's only 5:30 and it shouldn't be getting dark. So, I look out at the sky. Clouds. Big thick ones. Then, I check the weather app. A tiny, tiny thunderstorm is kicking up just West of me and what does that mean?
Rain.
Maybe.
And what do you get when you mix a little rain with already high humidity and heat? More Humidity!...which makes it feel even hotter

Yay.

Stay hydrated.

You want to hear about humidity, move to FL. Try working in it.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
One time I spit at an antifa protester but it dried in mid air.

That is hot.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

My sympathy.I live in eastern Mpumalanga Province in South Africa,possibly the most sickeningly humid place on Earth during summer.Of all climate conditions humidity is the One that i physically cannot handle,yet here i am stuck.So for at least 5 months each year i suffer from headaches,nausea,weakness and generally feeling like crap.I HATE humidity with a vicious hatred.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Rain.
Maybe.

Yay.

Stay hydrated.

Temperature is a measure of heat whereas humidity is a measure of the amount of water vapour present in air.

Dry heat does suit some people more though.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

So, did you get any of that rain?

I feels for ya!!!
Humidity is just the WORST!

The opposite of that storm that might miss ya....a few years back, like 10% chance of rain...and we had this cloud SIT on top of us for like 2-3 hours...and rain...and rain...and RAIN....just about a square mile or two.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Blazing where we live, too. So tired of the heat!! I want the rain that keeps being promised, and then not happening.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I both feel for you in regards to no rain and feel you about the awful heat and humidity. I am from Colorado and now live in the fresh hell that is lower Alabama, basically Florida.

It has been in the mid to high nineties for weeks. But cpuple that in with 100% humidity and the 'real feel' is upwards of 120 degrees every, damned, day. Not to mention the wind is like a myth down here. Does not exist unless a hurricane is en route.

And when there is a breeze? It is like somebody breathing on you. Pushing hot moist (pun intended) air down your neck. Not at all refreshing. Winter doesnt evrn exist and spring/fall last about 2 weeks tops each.

My wife and I's running joke is that we live in the devil's butthole. Dont get me started on the bugs, or the smell. It literally smells like mold and/or mildew is rotting outside during these months. When the sewage plant starts churning the smell just hangs in the air for days. Basically going outside is like wrapping up in a hot, wet, stinky wool comforter.

The only solace is the beach but that takes a bunch of money and energy. Personally, i dont see how the hell people survive here and act like its just normal haha. I also dont see why people move here for anything but a beachfront property and retirement.

If i still worked construction i would literally die from a heat stroke. I dont see how anything gets done outside around here but you see em working. Poor bastards. And you are right the rain helps nothing.

I miss the snow. And the constant cool mountain breeze. I long for it every day.

/rant off
edit on 22-7-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join