It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s personal lawyer resigns from top post amid legal team shakeup

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Apparently Fridays are the day for resignations.

BY JULIA MANCHESTER - 07/21/17 07:27 AM EDT 676

President Trump’s longtime personal lawyer, Marc Kasowitz, will no longer lead the legal team responding to the ongoing Russian investigations and has taken a reduced role, according to reports.

Ty Cobb will now take the lead in managing the team’s response to the ongoing federal probe into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Kasowitz, who has worked with Trump since the early 2000s, had represented the president in the Trump University fraud case.

The news comes a day after Trump’s legal team spokesman, Mark Corallo, resigned.

Corallo is probably not a surprise, since he had been critical of the Trump administration before being put on the team. He had not met with Trump or Kasowitz.

There' s no announcement about who will lead the team, and as this is breaking news, no real information on what caused him to resign.

(side note--for us old timers, the name "Ty Cobb" is amusing.)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
He apparently was a favorite of Trump's until this time. Washington insiders are reportedly irked at his "attack dog" style of legal engagement, but he'd represented Trump for quite some time.

A Fox News article from a month ago:

By turning to one of his most prominent attorneys over the last two decades for representation in the investigation into possible collusion with Russia during the 2016 election, President Donald Trump is seemingly inviting more criticism, seasoned Washington insiders say.

Marc Kasowitz, the aggressive New York “uberlitigator” known for his “attack dog” style, has represented Trump’s interests in numerous cases.

Fox News source (from last month)

His style was said to be similar to Trump's ("though he tweets a lot less," says one wag) and Trump himself once called him "the toughest of the tough."

It's turning out to be an interesting Friday.

edit on 21-7-2017 by Byrd because: formatting! Argh!

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Apparently Fridays are the day for resignations.

BY JULIA MANCHESTER - 07/21/17 07:27 AM EDT 676

President Trump’s longtime personal lawyer, Marc Kasowitz, will no longer lead the legal team responding to the ongoing Russian investigations and has taken a reduced role, according to reports.

Ty Cobb will now take the lead in managing the team’s response to the ongoing federal probe into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Kasowitz, who has worked with Trump since the early 2000s, had represented the president in the Trump University fraud case.

The news comes a day after Trump’s legal team spokesman, Mark Corallo, resigned.

Corallo is probably not a surprise, since he had been critical of the Trump administration before being put on the team. He had not met with Trump or Kasowitz.

There' s no announcement about who will lead the team, and as this is breaking news, no real information on what caused him to resign.

(side note--for us old timers, the name "Ty Cobb" is amusing.)

Pretty sure I read about this yesterday.

And yeah I laughed at the Ty Cobb name for a second....Guess the guys parents were big baseball fans.

Anywho...I am guessing he is taking a lesser role because he also has Russian clients and does not want there to be any conflict of interests on his part while representing Trump. He is apparently just taking a lesser role, but my guess is this is really just for show. Probably still doing the same thing on the back end as before, but making it sound as if he isn't.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Byrd

Pretty sure I read about this yesterday.

And yeah I laughed at the Ty Cobb name for a second....Guess the guys parents were big baseball fans.

...or he is!

Anywho...I am guessing he is taking a lesser role because he also has Russian clients and does not want there to be any conflict of interests on his part while representing Trump. He is apparently just taking a lesser role, but my guess is this is really just for show. Probably still doing the same thing on the back end as before, but making it sound as if he isn't.

That would be a sensible thing, but it's an interesting move on a day when there's reported shakeups and several other resignations. Note: I'm not seeing any big overarching plot here, just an interesting bit of coincidences with all these resignations.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

He's also struggling with alcoholism and had a drunken rage episode a few nights ago for which he apologized to the person involved. But I think it has a lot to do with why he's stepping down.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
His whole team seems to be imploding right now.

I cannot recall this ever happening all these resignations with in the first 6 months of his presidency, has this happened before?

Its bad for America because it stinks of instability.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I thought Ty Cobb died decades ago. I always thought him a baseball player, not a lawyer.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

He's also struggling with alcoholism and had a drunken rage episode a few nights ago for which he apologized to the person involved. But I think it has a lot to do with why he's stepping down.

Yeah... I read about that. I would imagine he is under just a little bit of stress. Nobody wants a drunk as their attorney...

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I cannot recall this ever happening all these resignations with in the first 6 months of his presidency, has this happened before?

Begging the question, are the handful of DC insiders and media pundits who keep pounding against the side of the boat, time after time after time, unrelented by failed accusation after failed accusation, essentially becoming enemies of America due to the destabilizing effect they're having in their Deus Vult assault on Trump?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You cannot say Trump is faultless in all of this, Flynn had to quit because of his Russian connections, Spencer quit over a disagreement with Trumps appointments, his lawyer also quitting over the Russia mess, Trump was the one who fired the FBI Director.

Sure the media are playing a roll in this, I do not disagree on this.

But Trumps team are falling to bits, so we have to ask why would they be doing this and also again I have to ask the question, has anything like this happened before?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I guess it would depend on what level you are talking about. As far as high level resignations, Reagan had the most from what I can find. Though I can't find anything that tells the timeframe in which they happened.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

My point is that I don't believe Trump or his team are any more corrupt or questionable than ANY prior administration. The appointments he pushed forward, including Flynn, were appointments that wouldn't have been railroaded in past administrations.

There are no clean hands inside the beltway, so the arguments about "if Trump had picked someone else" are moot... the media would have found something to bitch about had he appointed Mother Theresa to a position. He refuses to follow the Narrative, so he will be bombarded incessantly... it's the new normal, I suppose.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I will say this again, Trump, I firmly believe, is a black psychological operation on the frail psyche of the American people.

This will NOT end well as it is not going well.

In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I will say this again, Trump, I firmly believe, is a black psychological operation on the frail psyche of the American people.

In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Will, go to sleep, you've had enough of the tap.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Franklin D. Roosevelt

I rarely drink on Fridays

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Franklin D. Roosevelt

I rarely drink on Fridays

So it's the result of dehydration, is what you're saying?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

No, its not.

Like the other thread, you once again jump to conclusions without any real grasp of how things work.

One resigned, but staying till Aug, this one busted down to a "lesser role". Aga8n, nothing to see here.

This is most likely a 6 month review process which most likely lead to some pieces being moved.

Don't you people realise this is how he has been several steps ahead of those that seek to slander and obstruct him? While you focus on resignation and shake up buzzwords, business is running as usual.

However, this is a golden chance to study you, the specimen with which becomes extremely agitated at the name "Trump", these last two threads really shows your thought process and inner workings. Interesting, is it suppose to be this easy to read?
edit on 21-7-2017 by Arnie123 because: heh

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What, you think Trump presidency is not headed for a disaster, and will turn out okay or you don’t believe things in politics are planned or you don’t like the conspiracy angle

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Boy, speak of drinking, I tell ya, I'd like to have a swallow of what your drinking...

You think Trump is normal. I would, If I were a betting person, bet a million Trump presidency is headed for deep, deep trouble, and that will hurt the country deeply

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

OK, aside from the difference of opinion on Trump's team in general, there's not much in this nation's history in terms of precedents. The media and, to be truthful the establishment Democrats, have doubled down too many times. The absolute best scenario they can hope for at this point is a Pyrrhic victory, but that's not even looking likely. For over 6 months they have thrown haymakers and have yet to see a single one connect. CNN's reputation is ruined, they'll have to strip their management and on air crew down to the skeleton and rebuild to have any hope of ever again being a respected news organization by the majority of Americans (and the majority of independent voters). WaPo has about as much credibility and popularity outside of the solid and far left as National Enquirer has... they'll be fake news until Bezos is gone. Adam Schiff, Maxine Waters, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, and Elizabeth Warren are seriously damaged goods on the national level with all of them being seen as little more than a collective of "children who cried wolf" once too often. Comey's career is finished and his credibility has been torn to tatters, he'll never work for the tax payer dollar again. They have used human battering rams to assault the administration's front gates and now, as they stand amidst piles of broken skulls and dead corpses, they're pointing at a couple of hairline cracks in the gate and saying "Look, we're doing it!" completely oblivious to the fact that those hairline cracks aren't even in any of the gate's supports, so if they do break lose it's cosmetic damage at best... certainly nothing to construct any meaningful legal case on.

It's a farce.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join