It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is The Christ, not the messiah. The Romans defeated Israel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You don't know what Mohammed (saw) was?

The Prophet of Islam recently rated the most influential person in history before Paul (2) and Jesus (p) at 3?

Not by a Muslim either but I believe a European???

I wouldn't admit that in public.
edit on 30-7-2017 by Disturbinatti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It's one thing for internet users who you will never meet to be aware of your miserable state of knowledge but keep that lack of it to yourself when in public.

For your sake. I mean even people that hate any religion not theirs know Mohammed (saw) is the Prophet of Islam.

I had no idea how bad education has gotten.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disturbinatti

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I cannot see a carpenter getting so close to the priests back then and turning over tables in anger and getting away with it

was Yoshua a Rabbi one wonders ?

He wasn't near the priests then, He was in the outer courts of the Temple, which had been turned into a marketplace = public access.

He was called rabbi (teacher) by his followers according to the gospels.

... and a carpenter back then did more than woodwork. Carpenters did house building and all sorts of construction work, including stonework.

When all knowledge back in the day was controled by the church and even posetion of a book or bible was punishable by death and much blood was spilled in the council of Nicea , when gods word was much edited and fought over en.wikipedia.org...

Please read the Wikipedia link you provided with attention to the section called misconceptions. Basically nothing that you have just said in the previous paragraph is correct.

The First Council of Nicea was non-violent and no changes were made to any scriptures.

The council, its aims, proceedings and conclusions are a matter of historical record.

for on a time when a cardinall Bembus did move a question out of the Gospell, the Pope gave him a very contemptuouse aunswere saiying: All ages can testifie enough howe profitable that fable of Christe hath ben to us and our companie:

tektonics.org...

39 STEPS with this kid

As per your link, Pope Leo X never said that.

Your link traces the saying back to a satiric play called "The Pageant of Popes" (on pages 179-180) written by a John Bale (1495-1563), an English ex-Carmelite Protestant, to satirise the Catholic Church.

You should read the content of your links.

I don't really know what you guys are talking about but Catholics have been murdering people over opinions since AT LEAST Constantine, who was known to mutilate Jews, cut off ears tortue. The Sadistic Patriarch of the RCC "Saint" Constantine.

70,000 Muslims, Jews, Christians just in Jerusalem were slaughtered because they saw how advanced Islamic civilization was (the source of most modern science).

1492 Spain massacred after 800 years of Jewish-Christian-Muslim peace. But read European historians and WE ARE THE SAVAGES.

Ottoman Empire took in survivors, the Muslims all killed or converted by the sword

Like every inhabited continent.. converted by force to Catholicism.

Before you embarrass yourself trying to say Islam practiced forced conversion it's forbidden in the Qur'an:

2:256 There is no compulsion of any sort in matters of religion for the right way stands clearly distinguished from the way of error.

And if you want to prevent me refuting your sloppy attempt to argue against the truth you haven't a clue regarding, know, I have sources, and I will provide them. When I get back. Should you think another round of (losing a) debate is fun though, go ahead! I will be ready.

Watch what you say in the meantime. I am watching. I don't like people who pretend to know everything and know nothing but think everyone also knows as little as you and you can get away with it.

Herod the Nabatean!

If you attempt Crusade apologetics I will unleash a fury OF WESTERN HISTORIAN citations, quotes, so watch your lip sugar pop.lp

Although I don't wish to excuse the Crusades, I have requested that you support your ranting with historical and appropriately credentialled details. So please, do not feel restrained. Let fly...

... and I'm far more of a curmudgeon than a sugar pop, darling.

Awesome! Salaam.

And plural back at you... (but is salaami halal?)

I don't think you know what Salaam means, it's not food.

Really? Gosh.

Plus that's an Italian word...

Salaam is Arabic for peace and either you are a terrible comedian or incredibly destitute of knowledge.

It is not like saying "Is salami" the food "halal"? as in acceptable is a quality bit of humor.

The alternative isn't better, if you don't know what Salaam means and that it's not food...if you do and thought that a good joke...

You are something...

Thank goodness.

Plural back at you would be "Salaams" if we are speaking English and about food.

Because I said "Salaam" you wish to make it thinking it food, plural, and that's not how you would make Salami the food plural because it's one of those words that is the same plural or singular.

"Let's go get some salami for us to share."

"Let's go get some salamis for us to share."

Unless you meant where Epiphanius was from, Salamis, but you didn't.

Ah, 'religious revelations from peace's'.

See, I can play fast and loose with languages. But word salad makes far better sense as a joke than it does for serious historic purposes.

Did you seriously think someone, who was already in power as king, named their child with a vague cross language anagram? Why if he wanted his son to be called 'the new King Saul', didn't he just name him that in plain text so as to remove all doubt?

Tilting at windmills.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
If you think that after I crushed you in debate that insulting me or my religion is going to improve your situation or make the burn of claiming to know things impossible to know and being called out burn less...

You are just showing me you are worse of a person and incapable of accepting your error more than I already knew in reality.

And that you have no honor. Because you have lowered yourself to asking questions you already know the answer to and pork 'jokes' am I expected to be impressed?

If asking "what was Mohammed ?(saw)" with the expectation of anything but the obvious answer "Messenger of God"or "Prophet of those who bow to God's Will...

You aren't very bright.

edit on 30-7-2017 by Disturbinatti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You don't know what Mohammed (saw) was?

The Prophet of Islam recently rated the most influential person in history before Paul (2) and Jesus (p) at 3?

Not by a Muslim either but I believe a European???

I wouldn't admit that in public.

... and Clorox Toilet Wand has been rated the top of the top five toilet cleaners in America!

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

If you think that after I crushed you in debate that insulting me or my religion is going to improve your situation or make the burn of claiming to know things impossible to know and being called out burn less...

Surely if you had crushed me in debate you would have disproved my refutations with links to histories, archaeology or academic cultural details. As it is, you have barely spoken to the specifics of my refutations and have simply repeated your initial statements. Nor have you, even once, provided any evidence supportive of your views.

I was not insulting your religion I was pointing out that you accused me of worshipping a man (in the person of Jesus), something which I disagree with. In response, I pointed out that you were worshipping a man, being Mohammed, who Allah even calls sinful as recorded in the Quran:

Surah Mohammed 47:19 "So know, [O Muhammad], that there is no deity except Allah and ask forgiveness for your sin and for the believing men and believing women. And Allah knows of your movement and your resting place.

You are just showing me you are worse of a person and incapable of accepting your error more than I already knew in reality.

And that you have no honor. Because you have lowered yourself to asking questions you already know the answer to and pork 'jokes' am I expected to be impressed?

If asking "what was Mohammed ?(saw)" with the expectation of anything but the obvious answer "Messenger of God"or "Prophet of those who bow to God's Will...

You aren't very bright.

What, what, what, what, what? < - Only 5 watts, I'm not bright am I?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join