It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery creature spotted in Scottish countryside

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

"A mystery animal which was pictured in the Stirlingshire countryside is feared to be a huge monitor lizard.There was much speculation after the creature was photographed by Jimmy Wright while he was out walking his dog on Crow Hill, Killearn.
Some felt the animal looked prehistoric and that Stirlingshire could be giving the Loch Ness monster a run for its money. However, after seeing a photo of the creature on the Daily Record website, Richard Pigram, 67, from Nottinghamshire got in touch to say he thought the animal was a monitor lizard."

Mystery creature spotted in Scottish countryside

Came across this article in the morning paper and was just wondering as to opinions regarding the animal in question?

Is it a Monitor lizard?

If so, could such a cold bloodied animal even survive in the Scottish climate?

Kind of reminds me of the Velociraptor species portrayed in the Jurassic Park movie only with shorted appendages.

Your thoughts please fellow members.
edit on 21-7-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Looks like a dead tree.

Cool shape from that angle though.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Stump of tree, I think, taken from an odd angle..
But I'm reading Boswell at the moment, and Doctor Johnson would have loved to observe that a tree in the Scottish countryside would count as a "mystery creature".

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikehawk

Think someone spotted it out walking there dog if so it may have been better to get video evidence rather than only pictorial.

Could indeed be a tree if so that could be established all the same simply by returning to the spot.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Too late to the party!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You know that looks like rather a great biography. I've never read Boswell before think i might give him a go.

It does look like a tree i suppose, plus if it was a Monitor lizard the guy might not have his dog anymore.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: gusamaso

Cheers, my bad.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

Looks like a dead tree.

Cool shape from that angle though.

Its a petrified dino... been standing there for 200 million years.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
There are other wooden dinosaurs 'floating around' too...

"Champ"

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yes, definitely a tree stump with a face, eyes, nose and two paws. You see them everywhere. Definitely not a stoat or a lizard released into the wild because it had got too large. That's too realistic an explanation. Stick with the perennial hoax - however unlikely. That's always safe to suggest and preserves credibiity. Any conventional explanation or interpretation will do provided that no one can disprove it.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

There are other wooden dinosaurs 'floating around' too...

"Champ"

Only if you want to believe that.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
You might also be interested in his journal of their joint "Tour of the Hebrides", which is a separate publication.
Johnson was prone to tease Boswell. He was less facetious about Scotland once he had actually been there.
Their first conversation is usually misquoted. Boswell was nervous, and said to Johnson "I come from Scotland, but I can't help it", so Johnson produced a witty word-play on the phrase "come from". The usual version is "I'm Scottish, but I can't help it", which completely kills the joke in the response.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I spot those creatures floating down the river all of the time when I go fishing...I've snagged many a hook on them.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Mikehawk

Think someone spotted it out walking there dog if so it may have been better to get video evidence rather than only pictorial.

Probably spotted it because their dog peed on it. When it didn't move, it became a mystery.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Its just a really #ed up goose.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I once saw a sober person in Scotland.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jokei

I once saw a sober person in Scotland.

No you didn't....that was a Norwegian backpacker.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Omg they found my lockness monster!! Don't you dare touch my transport system! Leave my boat.

edit on 21-7-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It’s a “Mummy Haggis”

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
nessie has found dry land.....evolution in speed....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join