It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish Fall From The Sky in Annual Miracle That Feeds the Poor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Your source: breakingisraelnews.com is bogus. It's one guy surfing the web, sometimes copy/pasting 2 year old blog postings without giving attribution, then writing up sensational nonsense about something that happened "last week".

Do you have other sources for these annual "miracles"? There should be plenty if it happens every year.

Some quotes from wikipedia Talk:Lluvia_de_Peces

This sounds like mere folklore to me. It simply doesn't make any sense. Is there any hardcore proof that this is an actual real-life occurence? Perhaps if I actually saw a photograph of a village covered in fish, I would actually believe this a little bit. Yet, a google image search for "Lluvia de Peces" brings up paintings of fish falling from the sky does not bring up any photographs that lend any credibility to this myth.
. . .
A photo of the fishes would be helpful. If they are blind, there are only a handful of possibilities what they could be
. . .
So no one in Honduras has a camera and an internet connection? The only photo referenced here is from a long-dead link
. . .
So it's pretty clear that there is absolutely zero evidence from the references that says that fish fell from the sky. What the referenced evidence says is that after heavy rain, quantities of a not-otherwise-seen fish are found in pools and streams in flat, marshy land after heavy rain storms has created these pools and streams.

edit on 20-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Not buying the miracle thing--I thought the whole goal was to teach a man to fish, not give him one.

And seriously, fish that just appear out of nowhere, and you eat them? I guess if you have to...

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: SeaWorthy
Now that's a strange one!
Wood chipper with debris that flew out & got picked up in a storm?

I've heard about fish falling before. Might have been in England. Thought it was from storms whipping up fish from the the ocean .
Spiders rained down last month some place, S America I think.

Guess the idea for Sharknado (which I have not watched!) probably came from such

9. Alligators. A Dr. D.L. Smith was minding his own business in Silvertown Township, Colorado, in 1877, when a sudden downpour of live creatures startled him. They hit the ground and started crawling, which is when he realized they were 12” alligators.

mentalfloss.com...

How about sugar!

On two separate September nights in 1857, sugar crystals ranging in size from 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch, fell on the pleasantly surprised citizenry of Lake County in Northern California. According to the History of Napa and Lake Counties, published in 1881, "Syrup was made of it by some lady residents of the section." No cause was discovered and no explanation was ever provided, but the tome did conclude, "If this is a canard, it is surely a sweet one."

www.popularmechanics.com...
edit on 20-7-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

You could be onto something, I'm starting to ponder if the Matrix has been hacked.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Fish and amphibians falling from the sky are surprisingly common... called Fortean Events after Charles Fort, a guy who spent years analyzing old newspapers for strange accounts and wrote a few books.

His final analysis was "We are owned." I'm not sure if it's "owned" or "cared for" ... but after reading his and Corlis's books, it's fairly clear some unknown other is interacting with us... even if it is a "replenishment technology" set up long ago.

Weird, but true enough .. .I experienced a "frog fall" in the desert, once ... and it was (likely) not a passing water spout! Why would a spout scoop up only one species and leave no other debris?

In this case, maybe the old tech from our ancestors (total speculation there) heard the "prayer" and got stuck... even godlike tech can age, I'd think

If it were a storm cloud, then the heaviest objects would fall out first as the air vortex lost energy. Toads, frogs and fish would fall out first, dust would remain in the air along with leaves and twigs. Any water would evaporate before it reached the ground.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Now they just need some "Flying pans"

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monsieur Neary
I'd like to think that a true divine miracle worker attempting to feed the poor wouldn't leave their gift of food lying on the unsanitary ground, unrefrigerated and prone to being picked at by scavenging animals, but that's just me.

Fish get cleaned... it's not like the ocean is free of all germs.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Just reading the OP, and the replies.
Contemplating how weird this all is.

How can we truly say we know anything, for sure?

Sure: could be a hoax; joke; overflow; spouts; fishnado; whatever... But we just don't know.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I've heard about fish falling before. Might have been in England. Thought it was from storms whipping up fish from the the ocean .

Oh HELL no! Spiders raining down???

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

The area is prone to flooding.

Sula Valley

Hydrologically speaking, the area has two of the most important basins of Honduras: the basins of the Ulúa and Chamelecón rivers, leaving the area vulnerable to flooding, mainly in the rainy season.

Nobody actually sees the fish fall out of the sky. One quote I saw says that the mystery is that after it rains these fish can be found in small creeks and puddles all over the place.

I'm sure a minimum amount of critical thinking will crack that mystery.
edit on 20-7-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

The area is prone to flooding.

Sula Valley

Hydrologically speaking, the area has two of the most important basins of Honduras: the basins of the Ulúa and Chamelecón rivers, leaving the area vulnerable to flooding, mainly in the rainy season.

Nobody actually sees the fish fall out of the sky. One quote I saw says that the mystery is that after it rains these fish can be found in small creeks and puddles all over the place.

I'm sure a minimum amount of critical thinking will crack that mystery.

Hey D. Thanks for bringing that info. The photo in the OP was possibly misleading.

If they were found in creeks and puddles, (overflow pools), that would be clear to understand.
That happened in Montreal this spring. Some folks tried to rescue the fish, and bring them back to the river that had overflowed, but all they got was a fine from the wildlife ministry field-agents.

(Had to give a star to Realtruth, for the "Flying-pans").

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

The caption of the pic in the op says "Fish on the street (Photo via Shutterstock)".

This video has various shots of children picking up fish in a field full of puddles.

edit on 20-7-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar

Oh HELL no! Spiders raining down???

In Australia

The phenomenon, while inspiring for any would-be sci-fi horror writers out there, is a fairly routine part of spider migration that has been observed by scientists since Darwin’s time. In Goulburn, Australia, 120 miles from Sydney, residents recently described seeing “this tunnel of webs going up for a couple of hundred meters into the sky.” The town was transformed into one big web-covered haunted house as black baby spiders fell from the air like snow.

Source

edit on 20-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
Fish Fall From The Sky in Annual Miracle That Feeds the Poor

In Honduras, the annual rain of fish has fallen. At least once a year, sometimes twice, usually around May or June, fish rain down from the heavens onto Yoro, Honduras. The locals call it Lluvia de Peces (downpour of fish) and claim it has been happening every year or about one hundred years.

No one has actually seen the fish falling from the sky. Simply put, after a heavy rain, the ground will suddenly be covered with fish. The residents collect the fish for their kitchen tables, but selling it is prohibited. Despite several attempts to discover the source of the strange phenomenon, scientists remain baffled.

I just love accounts as this. These miracles happening and science has to sit on their thumbs and say 'Duh'?

The locals, however, have a simpler explanation: it’s a miracle.

Yep!!!

A story is told of a Spanish priest, Father José Manuel de Jesus Subirana, who arrived in Honduras in 1855 and worked there until his death in 1864. According to the legend, Father Subirana saw the suffering of the poor people in Honduras and prayed for three days and three nights that God should help the poor people and to provide them food. In answer to his prayer, a dark cloud appeared and fish rained from the sky, feeding all the people. Since then this wonder is repeated every year.

How incredible beautiful.

Enjoy your day.

Peace

Not a hoax. God works in strange ways and answers prayers.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13Simply Amazing. Praise the Lord

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Here's a pretty good source discussing the phenomenon, from 2013, so pre-dating the link in the OP.

Worth noting: According to Live Science, the fish are not indigenous to the area - and not only that, they are blind. This leads LS's writer to suggest (in a novel departure from the hoary old "waterspout" theory) that they are actually cave-fish that are brought to the surface by downpours.

You know, the way that torrential rainstorms flood a small area almost exactly once a year, and yet no-one notices a flood that is so significant and so localised that it empties huge undiscovered subterranean cave systems of their entire ecosystem and deposits it on the surface, and no-one notices because the huge flood disappears immediately and leaves the fish behind. Why, it makes perfect sense!

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

The fish in the video that I posted don't look blind.

Maybe it's a mixed phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I was under the impression these things happened around the world due to typhoon like systems or water spouts. My mom however just tried to convince me that she read somewhere the fish eggs get sucked up into the clouds somehow with the evaporating water and hatch in the clouds.

I'm still wiping the tears from my laughter away. Good one mom, but at this point I suppose it's a good an explanation as any.

-Alee

That would be unlikely, the "reports" everywhere shows and report full sized fish... Even if the egg would hatch in the cloud the fish would need to stay there several months to grow full size, have food to support growth and finally I doubt gravity would agree with this...

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

is there a local blow hole or something that only goes off twice a year , maybe its that lol

really weird and cool especially when it baffles the boffins

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join