It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish Fall From The Sky in Annual Miracle That Feeds the Poor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Fish Fall From The Sky in Annual Miracle That Feeds the Poor

In Honduras, the annual rain of fish has fallen. At least once a year, sometimes twice, usually around May or June, fish rain down from the heavens onto Yoro, Honduras. The locals call it Lluvia de Peces (downpour of fish) and claim it has been happening every year or about one hundred years.

No one has actually seen the fish falling from the sky. Simply put, after a heavy rain, the ground will suddenly be covered with fish. The residents collect the fish for their kitchen tables, but selling it is prohibited. Despite several attempts to discover the source of the strange phenomenon, scientists remain baffled.

I just love accounts as this. These miracles happening and science has to sit on their thumbs and say 'Duh'?

The locals, however, have a simpler explanation: it’s a miracle.

Yep!!!

A story is told of a Spanish priest, Father José Manuel de Jesus Subirana, who arrived in Honduras in 1855 and worked there until his death in 1864. According to the legend, Father Subirana saw the suffering of the poor people in Honduras and prayed for three days and three nights that God should help the poor people and to provide them food. In answer to his prayer, a dark cloud appeared and fish rained from the sky, feeding all the people. Since then this wonder is repeated every year.

How incredible beautiful.

Enjoy your day.

Peace

edit on 3224Thursday201713 by silo13 because: emphasis

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

No one has actually seen the fish falling from the sky.

So ... maybe it's simply a hoax.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I'd put my money on geographical weather conditions and frequent water cyclones or spouts (I don't know the correct terminology), particularly during the early summer months

Great story either way! Hope they thoroughly wash them fishies after they are sitting in the street like that.. lol

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

IT'S A MIRACLE !

Now, apparently this phenomenon seems to be taking place elsewhere :

Rain of animals

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I was under the impression these things happened around the world due to typhoon like systems or water spouts. My mom however just tried to convince me that she read somewhere the fish eggs get sucked up into the clouds somehow with the evaporating water and hatch in the clouds.

I'm still wiping the tears from my laughter away. Good one mom, but at this point I suppose it's a good an explanation as any.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Very interesting Silo , and I agree it could well be a miracle.
Many will disagree , but miracles do happen .

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I've seen it rain Frogs before when I was a kid in Tennessee , It seemed like thousands of them.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So that is what fly fishing is all about.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My grandmother said it's raining "cats and dogs"....

Do they eat them as well?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I wonder if they're all the same fish, kind of like when it rains frogs... why all frogs? Why not fish and frogs, but always seems to be the same of something.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I was under the impression these things happened around the world due to typhoon like systems or water spouts.

Correct!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'd like to think that a true divine miracle worker attempting to feed the poor wouldn't leave their gift of food lying on the unsanitary ground, unrefrigerated and prone to being picked at by scavenging animals, but that's just me.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I guess someone will have to change the song titled "it's raining men" to "it's raining fish..."

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Great post, I've heard of this before. The fact that there may be a scientific explanation doesn't mean that it is not miraculous. For the same town to enjoy this type of manna year after year is quite incredible and I would say against all probability.

The water spout theory has been relied upon in the past to explain these fish falls, or frog falls, and other such phenomena but I don't think that it has actually ever been witnessed. It is a theory, with theoretical underpinnings, but with no real world observation.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Is it possible these fish are simply spawning. Swimming up river and the 'heavy rains' enable them to swim out of the creeks to be left in the streets when it dissipates? I have watched my gold fish in the pond attempting to swim up my waterfalls and some amazingly get quite high up the stream. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

No one has actually seen the fish falling from the sky.

So ... maybe it's simply a hoax.

a couple 2017 in the USA there has been much more than usual weird rains

In the Northern California town of Oroville, a storm cloud covered the sky over an elementary school Tuesday and rained fish.

www.mercurynews.com...

As the husband and wife landlords held a meeting seated around a picnic table with their tenants of Fountain Plaza, a small complex on Apalachee Parkway, a loud sound gave them a jolt. “We heard a kapow,” Bo Fountain said. “It sounded like a gunshot. Then a catfish landed on the ground.”

This one is interesting so far from any source of fish

Hundreds of spangled perch bombarded the 650 residents of Lajamanu, shocking local Christine Balmer, who was walking home when the strange 'weather' started. She said: 'These fish fell in their hundreds and hundreds all over the place. The locals were running around everywhere picking them up. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Interesting how the objects or creatures are always only one variety and often types that do not flock in groups. Crab, horse meat, frogs and fish, apples sometimes across miles of land. Sometimes ever out of a blue sky not even a cloud in sight.

This report is most unusual: In an otherwise clear sky in Chilatchee, Alabama in 1956, a woman and her husband watched as a small dark cloud formed in the sky. When it was overhead, the cloud released its contents: rain, catfish, bass, and bream. All of the fish were alive. The dark cloud had turned to white, then dispersed.

Sounds like a mechanism for replenishing the earth just dropping items in the wrong place.
www.thoughtco.com...

J. Hudson's farm in Los Nietos Township, California endured a rain of flesh and blood for three minutes in 1869. The grisly fall covered several acres. The American Journal of Science confirmed a shower of blood, fat, and muscle tissue that fell on a tobacco farm near Lebanon, Tennessee in August 1841. Field workers, who actually experienced this weird shower, said they heard a rattling noise and saw "drops of blood, as they supposed...fell from a red cloud which was flying over."

edit on 20-7-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I was under the impression these things happened around the world due to typhoon like systems or water spouts.

Correct!

That doesn't explain the separation of species or things like this

n Friday, March 3, 1876, flakes of meat fell over an area 100 yards long and 50 yards wide near the Kentucky home of Mr. and Mrs. Allen Crouch, not far from the Olympian Springs in the southern Bath County. The sky at the time was cloudless. The flakes were from one to three or four inches square and looked like fresh beef. However, according to the opinion of "two gentlemen" who tasted it, the substance was either mutton or venison. A bunch of tests and samples were then undertaken, which seemed to turn up two lung tissue samples, another three muscular tissue samples, and two more of cartilage. Wherever this meat had come from, it had apparently taken most of the original animal with it. What animal this actually was is a matter of some dispute, with one scientist rather ominously determining that the lung tissue could come from only one of two places: a horse or a human infant.

io9.gizmodo.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy
Now that's a strange one!
Wood chipper with debris that flew out & got picked up in a storm?

I've heard about fish falling before. Might have been in England. Thought it was from storms whipping up fish from the the ocean .
Spiders rained down last month some place, S America I think.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I'd put my money on geographical weather conditions and frequent water cyclones or spouts (I don't know the correct terminology), particularly during the early summer months

Great story either way! Hope they thoroughly wash them fishies after they are sitting in the street like that.. lol

Perhaps flash floods upstream flush them out of ponds and lakes?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Fish and amphibians falling from the sky are surprisingly common... called Fortean Events after Charles Fort, a guy who spent years analyzing old newspapers for strange accounts and wrote a few books.

His final analysis was "We are owned." I'm not sure if it's "owned" or "cared for" ... but after reading his and Corlis's books, it's fairly clear some unknown other is interacting with us... even if it is a "replenishment technology" set up long ago.

Weird, but true enough .. .I experienced a "frog fall" in the desert, once ... and it was (likely) not a passing water spout! Why would a spout scoop up only one species and leave no other debris?

In this case, maybe the old tech from our ancestors (total speculation there) heard the "prayer" and got stuck... even godlike tech can age, I'd think

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join