It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter Collapses From Dehydration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Former president Jimmy Carter was on Thursday being treated for dehydration in Canada, where he is helping to build houses with the charity Habitat for Humanity. Habitat for Humanity said in a statement that the 92-year-old became “dehydrated working in the hot sun” at a build site in Winnipeg. Carter told Habitat officials he was OK, and encouraged volunteers to keep building. A spokeswoman for Carter said he was taken to a St Boniface General Hospital “as a precaution”. Deanna Congileo also said Carter’s wife, Rosalynn Carter, was with him. News outlets report that firefighters and paramedics arrived at the build site. The Carters are in the middle of a week-long project, building houses in various Canadian cities. This week’s build is the 34th time the Carters have volunteered to build houses for the Atlanta-based charity.

www.theguardian.com...
Damn, can't believe Carter is still doing things like this, especially after dealing with brain cancer for a few years.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grik123

Damn, can't believe Carter is still doing things like this, especially after dealing with brain cancer for a few years.

I know. The man is a force of nature. I've always admired him. He's a good soul-- generous, humble, intelligent.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
More than just brain cancer. Liver cancer and melanoma
He is from Georgia. We tough as nails here

edit on 7/19/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

I know. The man is a force of nature. I've always admired him. He's a good soul-- generous, humble, intelligent.

Not in the political world or personal life on the peanut plantation.....
A story for another day.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
He should have been eating a little more salt. I bet the first thing they gave him when he got to the ER was sodium chloride in an IV with water

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Again?! I thought he already collapsed once in Canada. Man knows how to live well, though.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
He should have been eating a little more salt. I bet the first thing they gave him when he got to the ER was sodium chloride in an IV with water

Often they just give you a $200 bottle of gatorade.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Keep on keeping on President Carter. Regardless of opinions as your tenure as president, you are a strong good hearted man.

I hope I reach your age and am at least half as active as you by then.

(post by BretePete removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
He's a wonderful human being, and he always has been. We need more like him in the world.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: rickymouse

Often they just give you a $200 bottle of gatorade.

But BCBS gets a cut in the price, they only pay a hundred five bucks. Then your insurance has a copay, so they pay eighty percent of the one hundred five bucks and you have to pay the remaining twenty one dollars for the gatorade.

new topics

top topics

join