It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus never died for my sins because I was never a Jew under The Jewish Law of Moses

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The Law of Moses was given to "The Children of Israel", not Gentiles, so since I was never under The Jewish Law, then Jesus cannot die for my sins of that law.

I am under The Law of Christ,
"In everything, do unto others as you would have them do to you, for this is The Law and The Prophets." - Matthew 7:12

Jesus is The Way, The Truth, and The Life. Jesus is The Word of God and Image of God who is sinless.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

Tell that to a christian that believes the bible is all true, or even the word of God

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Ah the golden rule been in every religion going since we invented them.

www.religioustolerance.org...

www.religioustolerance.org...

Best and only bit you need in any religion the rest is just dogma.
edit on 19-7-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

My understanding is that he died for everyone's sins, even those who were/are unbelievers or practice(d) different religions, and for all those to come, as long as they would accept that he did, in fact, die for them.

It's like a blanket get out of hell free card.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Best and only bit you need in any religion the rest is just dogma.

If that's what you wish to believe ... then you will never Know.

It's kind'a like playing the Lottery. You can't win if you don't have a ticket.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You need to research the timeline and just a bit more of the Bible - Old Testament vs. New Testament
Do so , then come back and we will talk
Not criticizing , challenging.

edit on 7/19/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

As a Christian, I want to believe that but there is this little voice in my head telling me "it can't be that easy, even if you were Jewish".

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

My understanding is that he died for everyone's sins, even those who were/are unbelievers or practice(d) different religions, and for all those to come, as long as they would accept that he did, in fact, die for them.

Basically , yes
Not to end the Laws.....those are permanent
But to end the need for sacrifice of the Hebraic religion for the Gentiles.

edit on 7/19/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
You need to research the timeline and just a bit more of the Bible - Old Testament vs. New Testament

Yeah, the whole transcendence of the old law is a huge part.

It boils down to true belief, from what I understand.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Except, I can't sin against The Law of Moses since it was never given to me, only The Jews ("Children of Israel"), so I don't need a get out of hell free card since I was not in a part of the deal (Jewish covenant).
edit on 7-19-2017 by lightofgratitude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Nah God doesn't have a religion so why should I...the golden rule is the one thing they all have in common, could be to do with social evolution as in it makes sense to follow this rule If you want to get along with others but I dunno.
I Just follow that rule because it is in us all and the best way to be.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightofgratitude

Except, I can't sin against The Law of Moses since it was never given to me, only The Jews ("Children of Israel"), so I don't need a get out of hell free card since I was was not in a deal (Jewish covenant).

I get your point.

You can't sin if you have no concept of sin or if you don't believe in sin. But you still know right from wrong inside you, so if you go against what you know inside you is wrong, that is the same as "sin". That is not taught, that is innate.

You don't need a get out a hell free card unless you believe in hell, I was making a point.

I refer you back to my original post: according to *that* belief system/religion, all you need is belief in Jesus dying for your sins/repentance.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Old Testament prophecies say that the Messiah would redeem "the nations" and that through Israel, "the nations" would be blessed.

Jesus, several times spoke to the Pharisees about God working not through Israel, but through gentiles. Elijah helping a gentile widow. Elisha healing Naaman, a gentile.

Firstly Jesus sent out 12 disciples - representing the tribes of Israel, then he sent out 70 disciples - representing the number of the table of nations in genesis.

Matthew 10:18 - On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightofgratitude

Except, I can't sin against The Law of Moses since it was never given to me, only The Jews ("Children of Israel"), so I don't need a get out of hell free card since I was not in a part of the deal (Jewish covenant).

Have you ever tried to plead ignorance of the law in a court?

If the Mosaic laws are representative of God's true law, then it would reasonably apply to all His creation.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'll refer to John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Seems all inclusive .....BELIEVES..... the key.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

[I]

Have you ever tried to plead ignorance of the law in a court?

If the Mosaic laws are representative of God's true law, then it would reasonably apply to all His creation.

[/I]

If you're not born in Israel, you don't have to live by Israel law or go to an Israeli court. God didn't give The Law of Moses to Gentiles but only to The Children of Israel (Jews). That is not the law that God gave ME (Gentile), but only The Law of Christ, since Christ is for Jew and Gentile (although most Jews rejected him).
edit on 7-19-2017 by lightofgratitude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

The Jewish God is a man of war (Exodus 15:3).

But Jesus taught that God is Father and he is good to all even the evil (Like 6:35-36).

Jesus was not a Jew, the Jews rejected him and called him a Samaritan (John 8:48)

Jesus says that he reveals The Father and that The Father was not revealed before him because only The Son knows The Father (Luke 10:22).

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
2 John 4-6

4 I rejoice very much because I have found some of your children walking in the truth, just as we received commandment from the Father. 5 So now I request you, lady, that we love one another. (I am writing you, not a new commandment, but one that we had from the beginning.) 6 And this is what love means, that we go on walking according to his commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should go on walking in it.

John 14:15 (Jesus speaking)

15 “If you love me, you will observe my commandments.

The Christian Greek Scriptures are full of laws, commands, and decrees that the Christian is bound to observe.—Re 14:12; 1Jo 5:2, 3; 4:21; 3:22-24; 2Jo 4-6; Joh 13:34, 35; 14:15; 15:14.

Jesus gave instruction to his disciples to preach the ‘good news of the kingdom.’ His command is found at Matthew 10:1-42; Luke 9:1-6; 10:1-12. At Matthew 28:18-20 a new command was given to Jesus’ disciples to go, not to the Jews only, but to all nations, to make disciples and baptize them with a new baptism, “in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.

James 1:25

25 But the one who peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and continues in it has become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work; and he will be happy in what he does.

John 15:10 (Jesus speaking)

10 If you observe my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have observed the commandments of the Father and remain in his love.

James 1:22

22 However, become doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning.

The “law of faith” is contrasted with “that of works.” Man cannot attain to righteousness by his own works or those of the Law of Moses, as though earning righteousness as pay for works, but righteousness comes by faith in Jesus Christ. (Ro 3:27, 28; 4:4, 5; 9:30-32) James says, however, that such faith will be accompanied by works that result from one’s faith and are in harmony with it.—Jas 2:17-26.

Just to be clear how the word "observe" is used....from the google dictionary:

ob·serve
fulfill or comply with (a social, legal, ethical, or religious obligation).

Not the 1st definition from google. Which should be obvious from the use of the word "commandments" but like I said, just to be clear in case someone missed that.
edit on 19-7-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." - John 13:35

"But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful." - Luke 6:35-36

The Way to Life is very simple:

"Matthew 7:12-14 King James Version (KJV)

12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join