It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to end CIA's arming of Syrian rebels

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Trump ends covert CIA program to arm anti-Assad rebels in Syria, a move sought by Moscow

Of course, it's the Washington Post, so they're going to obsess over the Russia angle, but I say: WHOOHOO !!! Good move!

The Rebels have shown time & again that they aren't any better than Assad, and in fact many of these groups are affiliated with al Qaida. It's only by comparing them to ISIS that anybody has the nerve to call them "moderate rebels." We should never have gotten involved in Syria in the first place.

Of course, you can now expect a false-flag gas attack in a last-ditch effort to keep US involvement going.

I assume we'll still be involved with the Kurds, altho in all likelyhood we'll leave them to twist in the wind as soon as we decide to patch things up with Turkey.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I'm sure Russia wants this...we should all want this. The only ones who should be upset should be the extremist that benefited from us playing proxy games, which was pretty dangerous for the west as it involved using an enemy to fight an enemy style scenario. As a country we really ought to get our priorities in order and start focusing on countries that can really do some damage to us...like China...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
That's great news. This has never been acceptable in my opinion. Plus, we've all seen what eventually happens afterwards.

ETA:

The decision will not affect a separate Pentagon-led effort to work with U.S.-backed Syrian rebels fighting the Islamic State. And the CIA-backed rebels were part of the larger moderate opposition.

He should end that crap too.
edit on 19-7-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   

Honestly I can not fathom how anyone would criticize such an action, unless they are driven by pure agenda.

The "anti-Assad" forces have committed such acts as beheading a young boy, using chemical weapons upon the civilians and all manner of horror that the Syrians have told about after their area has been liberated from them.

This also adds to the reasons to believe that Trump is not beholden to the deep state, this has quite literally been the deep states operation in Syria for the last 6 years.

+4 more 
link   

I find it staggering that of all the Syrians I have known and worked with (and it has been a lot) not one of them had a bad thing to say about Assad, for years Damascus was a central trading hub for Jews, Christians and Muslims with no real issues then we have "Assad the lunatic" that outside sources felt "needed" to be removed and all that has happened is a Country that has been flattened, women and children raped and sold as sex slaves.

Any minority that doesn't believe in a certain man in the sky and the war mongering doctrine within is cut to shreds, and yet we make out that Russia is the f#cking enemy, how people put up with this BS is staggering, and for the CIA to fund "moderate rebels" is just absurd...

I really hope the Trump legacy will be that he ended this BS and that ties with all the superpowers where stronger...

RA
edit on 19-7-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
WELL...

Since he CAN'T lift sanctions

Since he HASN'T given back the SPY compounds

...He DID promise Putin some "deliverables" (HIS WORDS) ahead of the G20 ...

And THIS is something Russia wants...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think you'd have to look long and hard to find someone, barring John McCain and other Warmongering Sociopaths who would oppose the cessation of supplying arms to terrorists who engage in mass rape, child sexual slavery and basically any other atrocity you can think of.

There are a lot of them in that Washington Post article comment section. Hope they end up on an anti-terror watchlist.

Good move by Trump. I've been hoping he'd do something like this for a while

I mean the writing is on the wall for terrorists in Syria and their defeat presumably followed by mass hangings is guaranteed barring US invasion, but still. Better late than never.

Hopefully he goes so far as to end all US support for any and all anti-government terrorist forces in Syria.

Given how the Washington Post seems to oppose this I can only infer they support Al-Qaeda and the Al-Nusra front? Hmm. Sounds like a crime to me.
edit on -050003pm7kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I find it staggering that of all the Syrians I have known and worked with (and it has been a lot) not one of them had a bad thing to say about Assad, for years Damascus was a central trading hub for Jews, Christians and Muslims with no real issues then we have "Assad the lunatic" that outside sources felt "needed" to be removed and all that has happened is a Country that has been flattened, women and children raped and sold as sex slaves.

This is precisely the same way my friend from Aleppo describes how Syria used to be when he grew up there. The entire mantra about Assad being an evil dictator only exists because of the war machine using its MSM to manufacture consent for America and many other countries to fund/arm/train mercenaries to pillage the poor civilian population.

It absolutely makes me sick that so many people are ignorant of these deep state tactics.

Trump just went up a notch in my book!

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

It's something everyone wants who isn't a complete psychopath who is fine with the United States arming the worst kind of terrorists imaginable.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm glad Syria is shaping up differently than Libya. I doubt many people were saddened when Qadaffi died, but I think you'd need to look even harder to find anyone who thinks that the Arab Spring improved things there.

Turkey's Erdogan may be turning into a dictator, but seeing as how the West tried to "Arab Spring" him along with the rest of the Middle East, I'm honestly not sure I can really blame him.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yep, good on Trump for this one. We should not be arming anyone, but especially those in the Middle East who always--ALWAYS--end up turning against us in a decade or so.

Who gives a frog's teat if Russia cares or not.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

It's something that a lot of Americans prefer, too.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

WELL...

Since he CAN'T lift sanctions

Since he HASN'T given back the SPY compounds

...He DID promise Putin some "deliverables" (HIS WORDS) ahead of the G20 ...

So you prefer endless war in the ME?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
FINALLY. Why was it so hard to stop arming terrorists?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
As a brit I like what he has done regarding not arming these terrorists. Now I can only hope that the PM here follows his example. She has a record for doing U turns so fingers crossed.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Well regardless how WP spins this it is, imo, the first good news coming out of the adm in quite some time.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Not sure why they even bother calling it a "covert" program when we've known about it since at least 2012 when The New York Times and others started reporting on the CIA smuggling weapons across the Turkish border to arm anti-government forces in Syria. Also the fact Trump is doing this after launching missiles at Syria a few months ago tells me he doesn't believe Assad poses a great threat and it he's become aware that Assad didn't carry out a chemical attack on his own people, a rebel controlled storehouse was hit and released chemical weapons they were storing.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

It's something everyone wants who isn't a complete psychopath who is fine with the United States arming the worst kind of terrorists imaginable.

Ummm...I know you didn't just infer that the eminent Mr. Galand is...A...A...psychopath...

Just remember that...psychopaths are people too...though they don't get out much...

So lets show a modicum of decency...and give participation stars out to all true believers...after all...everyone's a winner...

Yessiree...Mr. Ohanka...We's got us some real winners round these parts...?

Chill Wills does the improv...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Both senetor Mcain and the UN spokes woman were in Jordan and had talkes With FSA and the white helmets early this week.

I personally think some People in government are working behind Trumph when it comes to Syria. Some peopel like Mcain are pooling stings behind Trumph's back.

Germany are moving forces into Syria and so is Holland. I think that will start NeXT week. Germany have flown a lot of their military assets to Jordan from Turkey.

Israel hate that Russia have a police force in Danascus and on their boarder. Israel want the US to patrol the Israeli boarder. But that is not happening.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I assume we'll still be involved with the Kurds, altho in all likelyhood we'll leave them to twist in the wind as soon as we decide to patch things up with Turkey.

Given the history of such things? Wouldn't be surprising at all if that were to happen. The one group that has consistently, though not always, deserved our support is the group we'll drop like a hot rock the moment it's deemed necessary.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join