It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA analyzing eerie whistling sounds coming from space (AUDIO)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
This is funny...

Yesterday I was hearing this exact sound outside my home. We live in a remote area- the only thing we ever hear around here is birds or wind in the trees!

It was so freaky, I was walking around trying to find the source of it, and had decided to go get my phone and record it for ATS!

When I found my neighbor was having work done on the exterior of their house and had a big scaffolding system set up, that was making these eery sounds as the wind blew through it.

LOL! If I had posted the recording, we'd all end up thinking I recorded space music - from my backyard.

You can hear whistling sounds due to the strong wind travelling through metal gratings. I know this happens in Norway (around Fjordgata bridge) and also in an overpass bridge in Edinburgh on Myreside Road
(goo.gl...)

There's a mathematical formula related to the speed of the wind and the space between the gratings. Some high-rise towers have these gratings around their broadcast towers. They too generate whistling sounds.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is pretty cool.

I'd like to know what these occurrences would sound like to our ears. Or is the silence what we would hear? Sounds like a variation of your typical sine wave that plays at different frequencies.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
This is pretty cool.

I'd like to know what these occurrences would sound like to our ears. Or is the silence what we would hear? Sounds like a variation of your typical sine wave that plays at different frequencies.

Apparently, you were the only non-jaded ass here and the person I ultimately posted this for.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
tbh, 80s arcade games totally nailed the space sounds.

-Alee

the second one reminds me of Atari space invaders

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I'm pretty sure I don't think it's whales.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: FHomerK

Although I shouldn't be, I am amazed at the responses this thread has gotten.

I found something that I thought was pretty damned cool. Cool enough, that even NASA is looking into it. Yet the responses I've gotten have all been in one of the three categories below

- making fun of the article
- people wanting to educate me personally on the matter, because you know, they're experts and what NASA has to say about it is not enough
- Incredulous responses claiming that the sound could not have been made

Folks, I shared this because I thought it was interesting, pure and simple. I was not trying to use it to underscore some claim I was making, nor did I proclaim it to be absolute truth or fallacy.

And these are the responses it gets?

ATS, you need to check yourself. Pure and simple.

Not all of the responses are for you personally. Some people questioned how this could be since sound doesn't travel in space and a few of us chipped in to help them understand. Pure and simple.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Oh remember that star trek movie with the whales. They're hoping to get an answer from our sperm whales.

I'm pretty sure it's real Gas Music from Jupiter.

Well Tesla started that thing about Mars back in 1899 and Gracie was detected as being pregnant back in the early 1960's IIRC. So this could be something new?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join