It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey museum finds cases of wine nearly as old as the United States

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

It may have been done before it was realised what the bottle actually was

They knew very well what they had.

But I just read that what he sampled was from an 1870 Madeira cask, not the 1796 Madeira bottles, so who knows.

Kean sampled wine from an original 1870 cask of Madeira that was still palatable, saying it tasted akin to sherry.
CNN

It has not been decided if a bottle will be opened or who might get to take the first sip.
CBS
edit on 19-7-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
They are vinegar by now

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Madeira is a fortified wine that is cooked, or gradually heated. This makes it practically indestructible. Which is good if you want to keep it in your cupboard for a few months.

I just looked up what a 1975 vintage bottle of Medeira costs, and it was $200.00.

These will be very much sought after.

As an independent appraisal:

According to the rare wine company, each bottle is estimated to be worth somewhere between $10,000 and $25,000. They could go for more at auction.

CBS

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
They are vinegar by now

But it was tasted and found to taste like sweet sherry.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: blackadder01
Evidently the catering department of the museum haven't been practicing proper stock rotation. That was surely meant for the Trustees' annual dinner in 1817.
While they are at it, I hope somebody is checking the "best consumed by" dates on all the sandwiches.

P.S. "Have some Madeira, m'dear. I've got a small cask of it here..."

edit on 19-7-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Haha
Outside of Monarchy...my wife and I consider Britain one of the greatest nations of all time. In fact without them...much of what we all share in the modern idiom...would not exist

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Britain seeded the modern world...there is no argument

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The gig is up....TPTB are liquidating all assets and are converting them into tangible supplies they are hoarding as they prepare for the rollover of Turtle-Island.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Haha
Outside of Monarchy...my wife and I consider Britain one of the greatest nations of all time. In fact without them...much of what we all share in the modern idiom...would not exist

A US/UK Commonwealth and the world is ours. I can feel the EU, Russia, China, NK, and the M.E. Fiefdoms trembling at the thought.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

Haha

A US/UK Commonwealth and the world is ours. I can feel the EU, Russia, China, NK, and the M.E. Fiefdoms trembling at the thought.

LOL...LMAO.....a US/EU..."common wealth".......LMAO....the Royal Family are the ones who husband humanity through the coming earth changes.....hidden under the floor of the Coronation room is a message which outlines the job the Royal Family is tasked with....they are the single group in control of HUMANITIES future......zero to do with Royal blood and EVERYTHING to do with continuity of the human race.

Nobody "owns" anything and borders are blusters......there are no real divisions or countries which are not prescribed and allowed.

Humanities birthrate has been intentionally inflated globally....its a numbers game.....some of us MUST SURVIVE ....and its a global whitewash with zero guarantees for anyone anywhere.

There is a much bigger picture to be seen if one knows where to look.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: intrptr

Bottles of sediment probably, valued more for their age and label than to drink.

Who wants alcohol you can't drink?

Don't be so sure:

Liberty Hall President John Kean said he sampled the wine. He compared it to a sweet sherry.

If that is true then the value of that particular bottle has just massively decreased.

He's the official Museum 'Taster'. Like the lost / find 'story' , I hardly believe this one ether.

(post by intrptr removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Haha

LOL...LMAO.....a US/EU..."common wealth".......LMAO....the Royal Family are the ones who husband humanity through the coming earth changes.....hidden under the floor of the Coronation room is a message which outlines the job the Royal Family is tasked with....they are the single group in control of HUMANITIES future......zero to do with Royal blood and EVERYTHING to do with continuity of the human race.

Nobody "owns" anything and borders are blusters......there are no real divisions or countries which are not prescribed and allowed.

Humanities birthrate has been intentionally inflated globally....its a numbers game.....some of us MUST SURVIVE ....and its a global whitewash with zero guarantees for anyone anywhere.

There is a much bigger picture to be seen if one knows where to look.

That should have said a US/UK Commonwealth Alliance. It would be most powerful alliance the world has ever seen. Not even the Synagogue of Satan could stand against it.

edit on 20-7-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Bottles of sediment probably, valued more for their age and label than to drink.

Who wants alcohol you can't drink?

Don't be so sure:

Liberty Hall President John Kean said he sampled the wine. He compared it to a sweet sherry.

If that is true then the value of that particular bottle has just massively decreased.

He's the official Museum 'Taster'. Like the lost / find 'story' , I hardly believe this one ether.

Nice work if you can get it.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

a reply to: BlueJacket

Britain seeded the modern world...there is no argument

Don't you mean...after the Romans seeded ancient Britain?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

We made a proper civilization for those savages.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

We made a proper civilization for those savages.

So it is reported in the history books.

Updated news:

Throughout the late-17th and 18th centuries Madeira wine was the preferred liquor of the American gentleman. Indeed, George Washington himself is said to have been a keen admirer of the spirit from the Portuguese island of the same name. Liberty Hall was once home to William Livingston, New Jersey’s very first governor and a signer of the Constitution. It is thought that most of the 50 bottles and 42 demijohns discovered at the museum were exported at the behest of millionaire wine merchant Robert Lennox, who was based in New York.

Although as of yet no price has been put on the find, it is expected that each bottle would receive as much as $10,000 each should they ever head to auction.

www.oldliquorsmagazine.com...
edit on 17CDT11America/Chicago002111131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
@ Cultural Resilience......Lol.....in Canada you dont even need a military when you sit on some of the worlds largest resource reserves.....because the Queen owns the USA and Canada......no one is ever blinking the wrong way at Canada......you see the single most powerful alliance already exists.....she owns 3/4 of the planet.
edit on 21-7-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a friend of mine growing up around 1999 when we were 13 found a bottle of wine that was passed down in his family for hundreds of years from the 1700's... needless to say we opened it tried it spit it out and he got his ass beat....

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Speyer wine bottle

350ad, now that's and old tipple.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join