It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
A hypothesis:

Life is threefold in nature. Emotion however is sixfold. And full human experience is twelvefold. I would say that lower life forms are having lesser in detail consciousness. A tree might be singlefold, an insect threefold, a dog sixfold.

Lately(the last several years) I started using more and more the sixfold model, mainly for understanding new to me systems. The main reason - it's good, very quick and surprisingly accurate in tasks which otherwise would become burdening.

The model consists of three opposing couples of energy expression.

Strength versus Yield
Art versus Knowledge
Desire versus Discipline

I would like to tell you more about it, but it's true power can be only revealed through meditation over and over again. Words in this case would only hinder the process of binding. Yeah, it's not like a cake from Walmart...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign
So... rather than developing what could be a great thread you're forcing me to go Google and come back with my ideas? Or are you just happy with a short OP and no replies?

Not sure what you're getting at here but substance could make a great thread. Your mystic approach claiming meditation is the only answer only puts you on a pedestal looking down at us who are in the dark.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Huh?

I can fold 3 eggs into a cake mix, from walmart.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Yeah, got me interested untill I realized he is explaining nothing...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: eirgud
NVM
edit on 19-7-2017 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
So a dog is sixfold. A cow would be the same.most creatures though would be. Maybe an octopus would be threefold. What your descrbing is simply training. Dogs as they are now as they are because of human kind.

Cows chickens even ducks were domesticated. You sound like a man who just learned his dog loved him. I mean he does love you. You feed him. So sure he is sixfold to you.
So meditation on a lesser fork. That's just startling humans can get better understanding lesser forms of life. But to become better we have to meditate on higher values and take with us those others not at 12 fold.

This is what I got from your post. We move foward and bring them as well. Though that wasnt your post was about deleting oneself in order to be closer to a non dominant species. Would have been better served to meditate on a bear or a wolf. True nature...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I can't tell you I fully got that but I can say you're closer to sixflags than you were 30 seconds ago.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

If I elaborate more I'll give "too much". The problem is that this "too much" is going to be focused in the way I see things. I'd rather say less and not bring full shape, so the viewer is not burdened by my subjective synapsis. This could lead to ruining the whole process that must follow if my idea is to serve someone else, that's why I keep it short.

If sometimes my words offend people in their context, it's because I'm far from perfect writer. Next time maybe I'll mange to skip the insults.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

You young whippersnappers sure know how to make me smile

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: eirgud

Yeah, got me interested untill I realized he is explaining nothing...

What helps our words to be ‘a bubbling torrent of wisdom’ instead of a babbling brook of trivialities? (Proverbs 18:4) Solomon answers: “The wise are the ones that treasure up knowledge, but the mouth of the foolish one is near to ruin itself.”—Proverbs 10:14.

Proverbs 2:

3 Moreover, if you call out for understanding

And raise your voice for discernment;

4 If you keep seeking for it as for silver,

And you keep searching for it as for hidden treasures;

5 Then you will understand the fear of* Jehovah, [*: Or “reverence for.”]

And you will find the knowledge of God.

6 For Jehovah himself gives wisdom;

From his mouth come knowledge and discernment.

edit on 19-7-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm not offended. I just think we should enforce the standards of the site and bring some substance to the table.

Some thoughts:

Strength versus Yield
Art versus Knowledge
Desire versus Discipline

Does high strength = high yield - if so they are not opposing.
Is art opposed to knowledge? I disagree here, art can be born from knowledge and knowledge can be learned from art. The act of being an artist can increase knowledge.

Desire vs discipline... I imagine you are referring to controlling one's material desires with strong discipline to lead to a plain of material-lessness. I like this idea and this is a foundation of Zen.

edit on 19-7-2017 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
OCD behavior, like touching door knobs six times before opening...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
I used to be like that. Touch everything with the inside and outside of my hand. Touch something with my left hand, had to touch with my right hand. Right up to someone brushing by the left side of me - I'd try and get them to brush by my right side... I was about 6 at the time and I called it 'two touch syndrome' - it went by the time I was 10.

Weird.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Good thoughts, you're starting to meditate on it already

At least you tried to show some thought about it, I see some folks around are not even having the desire for that. Probably their mind is highly disciplined by behavioral patterns, which prohibits them at instinctive level to do so.

The Yield however is more soft idea. Nor the Yield of a warrior, but more like the yield of a mother.

Right away you saw the intricate connection of knowledge and art, if you continue in this manner you will find an idea which will resolve the confusion about their opposition/non opposition.

Knowledge is something like the alphabet. Art is the use of it. Your post is art in a cage of the knowledge. Every art needs a cage to be art, and even the most beautiful cage is the product of an artist itself.

Again, I can give you more of my words, but they will serve you no good. You need your own. I gave you the runes, you cast them.

edit on 19-7-2017 by Argentbenign because: mobile

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I will continue down the mysterious path you have led us to and hopefully find something of note. The strength vs yield and art vs knowledge have certainly caught me.

On the subject of meditation, I must get back into this, I'm coasting through life without thinking much at the moment. Gone are the days when I would do six hours on ATS followed by an hour or to meditating. Chakra meditation was where I focused. But I read a fair few books on other approaches and systems of enlightenment.

It's good to talk

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Your view of life is hindered and motivated by your own ego and entitlement. If you don't see that. Your blinder then you realize.

Once you remove our own expectations and ideas on how life works. You being to see a picture that can't be viewed all at once. Not just the size of it but the awesome beauty that radiates a sense of awe that cannot be explained with primitive human language.

Just because you can't understand trees or ants doesn't make them any less important or enlightened then you are. Actually, being one with yourself is the most enlightened you can be. With that said. A tree doesn't pretend to be something it's not. Same with ants and most walks of life. Animals are true to themselves and life around them more then us. To say they are lesser is anyway only shows how ignorant you really are.

I recommend less mediation and more observation of life you think you know so well. I can promise you.

You know nothing.
edit on 19-7-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: because I can

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Well, he is offering a hypothesis, without really explaining how he got there. He explains why he wont expand on it further. Tells me I should meditate to figure it out... says it is because it will affect my perspective and infringe on my possible experience of his hypothesis IF I decide to meditate. Who is he to tell me that I am unable to understand his "profound" realization without meditating? What if I have already meditated on alike concepts and feel like I understand - but how i got there is by a completely different (thought) path?

Now is probably the time someone comes and says: "But, youknow, it´s a universal truth that can only be heard if you listen to the whispers of the cosmos- hence meditate on youknow... the universe and stuff..."

I am probably coming off as an arrogant prick- but so doe's the OP (and I am sure we both do not mean to).

His way of putting his thoughts out there (without any real explanation of how he reached the conclusion), is at best an interesting exercise in being creative. At worst, fuel for manic people and their mania, trapped in their own little thought-bubbles.

On a really sincere level - I would really like to hear/read what thoughts (if only a rough sketch of them) led him to this hypothesis. I would like to think that I have matured enough to realize everyones path is different- also in their heads (thus the fear of polluting my unformed ideas is uncalled for by OP).

With this all said, I regularly bust myself being a hypocrite.

Best wishes,
edit on America/Chicago40Wed, 19 Jul 2017 11:40:45 -05001100000019 by eirgud because: trying to make myself clearer...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Much of the language in this thread reminds me of a very wise quote from Jack Nicholson in "As Good As It Gets"...

"People who speak in metaphors should shampoo my crotch"

Basically you are using numerology as a way to perceive the world around you.

The issue with this is... you could plug ANY single digit number into the system and start seeing patterns. That doesn't make it any less interesting mind you, but it does illuminate the idea that all paths are different, and different people have different purposes and different perceptions.

edit on 19-7-2017 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
You know nothing.

That I am aware of, Sir

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join