It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Natural Learning Principles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Since I started to give more astrology classes lately, my wife who is an English teacher urged me to improve my presentation methods(she obviously thought I suck). However I am not agreeing in many ways with modern science and research, I found this scientific paper and its learning principles quite useful for me.

Some highlights:

All students have the capacity to comprehend more effectively when involved in experiences that naturally call on the use of their senses and their bodies.

All students have the capacity to comprehend more effectively when their needs for social interactions and relationship are engaged and honored.

All students have the capacity to comprehend more effectively when their interests, purposes and ideas are engaged and honored.

All students have substantial unused capacities to perceive and create patterns and to link those new patterns to what they already understand

All students can comprehend more effectively when appropriate emotions are elicited before, during, and after their experiences with a text.

All students can comprehend more effectively when details (specific facts and information) are embedded in wholes that they understand such as a real life event, a meaningful story, or a project that they create or witness.

All students can comprehend more effectively when their attention is deepened and multiple layers of the context are used to support learning.

All students can comprehend more effectively when given time to reflect on and process those experiences about which they live and read.

All students can comprehend more effectively when immersed in experiences that engage multiple ways to remember.

All students can comprehend more effectively if individual differences in maturation, development, and prior learning are taken into consideration.

All students can comprehend more effectively in a supportive, empowering, and intrinsically challenging environment.

All students can comprehend more effectively when their unique, individual talents, abilities, and capacities are engaged.

by Renate N. Caine, Ph.D. and Geoffrey Caine, LL.M

For detailed read: cainelearning.com...
edit on 19-7-2017 by Argentbenign because: links

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

All students...

All inclusive statements are rarely correct.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You're right about that

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
"ALL Indians walk single file... At least the ONLY one I knew did..."

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign
The past few years, I find astrology fascinating. Maybe you can try your teaching methods here at ATS to sharpen it. I'll be one of your volunteer students if you have the time.

Have you tried citing Edward R. Dewey's book Cycles: The Mysterious Forces That Trigger Events to your students as an introduction, specially those that are not much interested in astrology?

Foundation for the Study of Cycles Inc.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

When you ask like that, In public... I can't say no

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join