It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Childrens Book: Mandella Effect?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Then why were all the action figures, etc all gold? At least until 2005?

STM

In the case of the action figures, I remember one that I got as a child sometime in the late 1970s after the first movie came out had two gold legs...BUT I also specifically remember C-3PO having a silver leg in the films.

I specifically remember it that way because when The Empire Strikes Back came out c. 1980, I remember noticing the silver leg in the film, and wondering why my action figure had two gold legs. I was a huge Star Wars fan as a kid, and still am to some extent, and that's a specific memory I had as a kid.

Therefore, even way back in 1980 (at least), there were two versions - the film version had a silver leg, but many (most? all?) of the toys had two gold legs.

I'm guessing the confusion we have today (and even my confusion back in 1980) stems from the toy makers producing two gold legs either because the toy designer didn't care, or didn't want to spend the extra manufacturing cost in producing a toy with different colored legs.

edit on 2017/7/20 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
The Ewoks were Ewooks in the paperback I read before seeing the movies.
Not sure if Mandela Effect or they just didn't have the budget for some extra O's.

I think originally they were supposed to be related to wookies but George went for the cute cuddly and better toy market Ewoks instead.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro
heres another picture from the childrens book, droid duo.

Weird. I don't remember C-3POs hand being that big in relation to his head in the film.. So is that another Manbela effect??

Or, perhaps, the **children's** book isn't a 100% accurate reproduction of what C3PO looked like in the films..?

Hmm. HMMMMMM?
edit on 20-7-2017 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
I think originally they were supposed to be related to wookies but George went for the cute cuddly and better toy market Ewoks instead.

In the original draft written by Gary Kurtz there weren't even supposed to be Ewoks, Ham Salad gets killed and Luke wanders off alone.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Yes that is my experience also. The only film where he wasn't gold was when Anakin had just built him, and that film was years later. My old VHS copy of the original film does however now show him with a silver leg.

This is definitely a conundrum, how can i and many others here remember him being all gold yet all the copies of the film now show a silver leg?

This book seems not to have been M.E.'d yet!
Keep an eye on it

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

That's a very good point, bro.
But still, theres this book.
Anyone else have more of these books?
All i have is 2000AD & Judge Dredd, boxes of them, LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join