It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain to me about magic and the occult

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Let's see if I can put this into simple terms. Outside of our universe is not an empty nothingness. It is pure raw potential existence. Quantum mechanics says that something can exist in multiple states until observed. The raw essence of reality is that infinitely increased, everything and nothing specific at once. From this chaos forms consciousness, not unlike the theories on abiogenesis. Ancient creation tales speak of gods stepping forth from a great storm. One such consciousness set order to the chaos, like dropping something cold into water can freeze the chaotic water into orderly ice crystals. Our universe did not spring from nothing, nor form off of some other universe, but is chaos forced into order by a consciousness. Part of that entity's consciousness continues to hold this universe together. By pitting thought and life force against that cosmic consciousness reality may be altered. Thought alters reality, but only as much as the spirit has strength to do.

The more those efforts obey the laws of the universe, the easier it is to do things. Kaluza Klein Theory shows us that we can complete the Unified Field Theory by considering more than 3 spatial dimensions. Likewise ancient texts have described our universe as having many layers, often describing a spirit world that borders on what we consider physical reality. Projecting spirit energy at a physical object usually results in that spirit energy affecting whatever spirit energy is in that object. Non-living things don't generally have a spirit presence, so some people trying to "use the Force" on something usually just passes spirit energy through the object with no effect. Pushing that spirit energy into the physical dimensions is the tricky part. Haunted areas are usually locations that had strong emotion tied to them. Rituals often build up an emotional frenzy. Even the movie Ghost (1990) described pushing all the emotion and thoughts down into the belly and then projecting them out. That ties into the belief that the lower dan tien is a focus for affecting the physical world. The dan tiens being similar to chakras, energy focus points in the body. So despite what George Lucas told us, "using the Force" really does require learning to control strong emotion, or at least strong but simple thought forms that resemble emotion.

A warning before I continue. Raw doubt projected at someone has strength against them. No matter how undisciplined, a hundred people staring you down can crush any attempts you make to alter reality. That's why people give private demonstrations of magic tricks, but can fail in front of an audience. The collective weight of other people's negativity can crush one person's efforts.

And naturally people want to learn how to fly. That's a given. First, you must learn to "move sideways". People didn't stand on poles up on one foot and practice katas just to develop balance. Reach outside yourself with your spirit, up into the physical dimensions, and push yourself back into balance. It's the easiest way to practice. Short bursts of effort instead of sustained exercises like trying to do horse stance for an hour without flexing your muscles.

To make it easier, one must negate gravity. Gravity is buoyancy. It is an alteration in the density of the "fabric of the universe". Things fall down to the Earth for the same reason hot air balloons float up into the sky. Buoyancy. You must reach within and around you and create a balance in the density of the "fabric of the universe". Then use what you learned moving sideways.

But remember, there are always things watching and working against you. It's not as simple as waving a stick around and saying wingardium leviosa.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Literally just pick a path, you'll find it soon enough.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regalius
I am new to the whole idea of it but can someone please explain it to me? I am curious to learn about magic. What kinds of magic will allow someone to have any kind of magical desire granted?

We live in a virtual reality.

There are two kinds of magic.

The first type of magic, is the one where people do tricks, and slight of hand, using misdirection to get the audience to look at something else, while you're performing your trick. So, they don't notice when you physically switch things etc..and get that "surprise" when they see the result. This type of magic can be shown and explained, and once you know it, you're no longer mystified by how it is done. So, magicians try to keep their tricks secret.

The second type of magic, is what is called "real magic" or "occult". It requires "making a deal" with the beings behind the veil of our virtual reality, to let you do some really good magic without any "tricks" nor "slight of hand", since the "helpers" behind the scenes simply introduce various things into the virtual reality that cannot be explained by any slight of hand nor misdirection, because they are "implants" into the world from the higher realm.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Regalius
I am new to the whole idea of it but can someone please explain it to me? I am curious to learn about magic. What kinds of magic will allow someone to have any kind of magical desire granted?

"A lot of my desires are quite impossible"

You use the term magic out of newness so for simplicity sake I'll use the term for now as it will be easier for you at the moment.

There are 3 magics: Yours, the magic you bargain and the magic you take.

The reality if your looking for an easier way to have what it is you want or desire there is none. There truly are no short cuts.

Magic as you've termed it is practioning and its not something you can just jump into. It isn't like what you see in movies or those silly memes that if you repost this god will give you that. Everything has a consequence /balance in life.

I have your quote from an earlier post at the top that your desires are quite impossible. If I may ask what are the desires you are seeking that has you looking into this. Please answer honestly. Not here to judge just trying to help. You have also stated you battle through depression. From these statements alone there is no responsible advise or guidance to give you at this time other than i would seriously err on the side of safety/caution/sanity and self. And seriously ask your self why are you asking because as I stated earlier if it's an easier route you seek. This is not it.

edit on 4-9-2017 by Jakall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Regalius

Late to the party... why oh why would you come to ATS with this question? Its not the best choice.

To answer your question.

Magic is not what you think it is neighbour. Your question just proved that.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm very new here so I'm not sure where to ask this. So, I did a spell because there was a lot of negativity in my life. Especially when I was about to sleep every night, something just didn't feel right. So I did, "blood magic" in a sense & sacrificed my sperm. It was done when the sun was red. Now, I want to somehow take back the spell. Cancel it out. I forces myself to do it since I need to sleep because I have school. But now I just want it gone. It felt wrong to do it. How could I dissolve the spell & everything that became of it?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trihalo42
A warning before I continue. Raw doubt projected at someone has strength against them. No matter how undisciplined, a hundred people staring you down can crush any attempts you make to alter reality. That's why people give private demonstrations of magic tricks, but can fail in front of an audience. The collective weight of other people's negativity can crush one person's efforts.

You added this almost as an afterthought, but I thought it was one of the more pertinent things you said.

This concept applies on many different levels, even outside of magic. Understood and experienced, it can even dispel the types of notions like "what if everyone is just living inside my head."

I also greatly appreciate the general lack of spelling it as "magick" from many posters. After all, the only difference between "magic" and "magick" is that one more person joins in the fun.

@Noinden :

Perhaps not so silly to bring it here. I suspect there are more knowledgeable people here than meets the eye.

Of course, the loudest tend to post the most, with little clue on what they are talking about.. but what topic isn't like that?

And lets be honest, in this field more than most ignorance can run rampant due to difficulty in finding information. Arguably, that's for a good reason.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AngelBlossom

Oy, what is it with people being worried about "negativity"? Its natural, its healthy in moderation. Too much positivity will kill you too!

You can cancel the spell yourself if you will it to be so.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

your village wants their idiot back - please return

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
You're only saying that without actually believing it is true because you know better. You are misinterpreting the words on purpose with the pretense you can be excused without asking to be excused. All you are actually doing is bearing false witness against the word of God..

I got it straight from the book. It's pretty clear. You should read it sometime without relying on your local priest or preacher to interpret it for you. Read what happened after Lazarus was raised from the dead. People were rightly horrified, including many of Jesus's own followers.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Oy, what is it with people being worried about "negativity"? Its natural, its healthy in moderation. Too much positivity will kill you too!

You can cancel the spell yourself if you will it to be so.

FTFY

AngelBlossom, what do you feel you might learn from this? (Don't need to answer that here)

As a point of contemplation, perhaps think about how using something like "magic" might not be the best route in such normal circumstances as "negativity." Learning how to cope, deal, and even be inspired/driven by such things with more.. mundane methods is a lesson that can serve any of us very well throughout our lives.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Cheers! I'm only one coffee into the morning here.

My own opinion is people go to "magic" (its kind of that) rather than do a real world tangible fix. So its a self help, self hynosis thing. Magic has its place.

I will keep saying ..... Moderate Negativity is not all bad. Its healthier than over positivity
Moderate being the word to note.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Oh no, not like emotional negativity. I'm used to that. I meant like an evil presence. I felt like I was watched. I even heard a deep groan next to my ear & nobody & nothing was there. I was scared an evil spirit was out to get me.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Sorry but to be honest that sounds like you convinced yourself something was happening, as opposed to something actually happening.

Why did you assume "Evil". I could have been hostile, but not "Evil". Whatever evil is?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I am new to the whole idea of it but can someone please explain it to me?

It's all in your mind. And you gotta figger it out for yourself.

There, I done 'splained it.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
You're only saying that without actually believing it is true because you know better. You are misinterpreting the words on purpose with the pretense you can be excused without asking to be excused. All you are actually doing is bearing false witness against the word of God..

I got it straight from the book. It's pretty clear. You should read it sometime without relying on your local priest or preacher to interpret it for you. Read what happened after Lazarus was raised from the dead. People were rightly horrified, including many of Jesus's own followers.

You're only twisting the narrative in order to mis-categorize the things Christ did so that it fits your own rebellion away from what is right. This is natural to do when people are not guarded against deceptions, but if not corrected, will eventually lead to a very cold reality.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

Now tell him what is required to alter REALITY at higher levels...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join