It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain to me about magic and the occult

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I am new to the whole idea of it but can someone please explain it to me? I am curious to learn about magic. What kinds of magic will allow someone to have any kind of magical desire granted?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Everything you need to know you can learn from Dr. Strange comics.

Not seriously . . . I honestly have no idea.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Regalius

I can help. First I need you to get a few things. Ready?

• One goat, preferably male
  • Large machete
  • One bucket with handle
  • Video camera

Once you have those please contact me for further instructions.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

A bargain with a spirit must be done if you want to perform 'real' magic. Just understand that that the spirits are demons. It will deceive you and use you, even though you will think that 'you' will be using 'it'.
These demons will remain with you for your lifetime pretty much doing your bidding, but in return you must do the same for 'it' when you die. You can be sure that what you thought it would be like will be nothing of the sort.
No demon can be trusted so don't bargain with them.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I would start with Aleister Crowley

There is a whole world of information there.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regalius
I am new to the whole idea of it but can someone please explain it to me? I am curious to learn about magic. What kinds of magic will allow someone to have any kind of magical desire granted?

You must conjure up magic yourself by willing it to manifest. This can be done through meditation, hard word and perseverence, or prayer. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i don't think magic is real.. but what do i know.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dannylightning

You know that magic is not real for yourself.
edit on 17CDT06America/Chicago01260631 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Yes, magic is real. We call it science today.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Crowley himself admitted that he encountered a non human entity. This entity was a demon, nothing else, no matter what it claimed to be. These occultists and demon conjurors always regret it on their deathbeds, when they come to realise that they were deceived and the true price they will have to pay.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar

originally posted by: Liquesence

Crowley himself admitted that he encountered a non human entity. This entity was a demon, nothing else, no matter what it claimed to be. These occultists and demon conjurors always regret it on their deathbeds, when they come to realise that they were deceived and the true price they will have to pay.

I read some about Aleister and he was into sexual orgies with men and I would hazzard a guess with drugs too?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Your last line about granting any desire... to me,that is not what magic is about... and anyone who tells you otherwise IMHO is misguided.

Think of magic as psychological tricks that you are playing on yourself.

If that's still interesting to you, you could start with Crowley.

If you are not into the idea of being sodomized , Crowley might not be for you, and I'd suggest looking into chaos magic.

Your first lesson in magic, is to understand what magic is, and not ask if magic is real, but if magic WORKS.

Also, everything I just wrote is a lie.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I would say magic is around you all the time, you just have to be open to it. Coincidences and syncronicities, dreams, precognition, feeling, hearing. You just have to be open to it and it takes time. Keep a dream book. It took me a few years of being dedicated to writing down every dream as soon as I woke. Mostly a lot of symbolism but you will learn.

Meditation...start with 5 min...soon it will be 30 with ease. Keep reading and best wishes for you

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar

Crowley himself admitted that he encountered a non human entity..

I've seen Mr. Crowley's magic first hand. All I can tell you is that it's nothing more than a play on this virtual reality.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Have you experienced any type of oddities of reality that you, perhaps, think might be magic?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

He was a well known bisexual and used many drugs including heroin, coc aine, ether, hallucinogenics, etc.. But he was 72 when he died, so he made it pretty far for living such a libertine lifestyle.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: InTheLight

He was a well known bisexual and used many drugs including heroin, coc aine, ether, hallucinogenics, etc.. But he was 72 when he died, so he made it pretty far for living such a libertine lifestyle.

Yes, certain drugs will extend your life, no doubt.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

"Magic" is when your mind makes connections between very different things in ways that bring those things together. "Like begets like." And it works great! But it doesn't work in the way you think.

As for magic getting you what you desire, you'll probably appreciate it more if you work hard to attain what you want, rather than rely on a supernatural power to get it for you.

Besides, how do you really know what you want? You might think you want to be rich, but is that only because you want your parents to respect you? Magic sometimes gets in the way of understanding the world and what would really make you happy.

Anyway... like begets like. Manipulate the symbols. You'll figure it out.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It all depends on what you think "real" means.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

When you meet someone and give your heart to them, and they to you. That is the most magical thing you will ever experience.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join