It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classic UFO Sighting in "The Silver Streak"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yep. I can't believe Googling "+movie +"silver streak" +ufo" didn't turn this one up. Maybe it's just a Netflix anomaly but it sure looks like a real UFO to me, recorded accidentally and then immortalized in this particular edit of the famous movie starring Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor (among many others in fine ensemble cast, including "Jaws" (Richard Kiel)).

Netflix subscribers cue to about 1:19:35, where the Silver Streak is crossing a bridge. Tell me if you don't see a white orb pacing the train, travelling like bright white point of light behind the bridge structure.

I've seen UFO's like this at least once in my life. They're famously present in videos of failed satellite and missile test-launches.

Anybody have the DVD? I'd like to do a frame-by-frame analysis of this sequence sometime. It's very short.

Have fun and excuse me if this is a redundant post.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

Just checked it out....Its hard to tell what it is. Interesting though for sure!!! Also never heard of this movie, and will watch sometime soon, I love Gene Wilder......

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

It is hard to tell. But it's definitely not a lens flare. And it clearly appears be moving behind the bridge's structural support (which rather indicates its relative position close to the moving train). Its behavior is typical of orb-type UFO's. It tracks its target object (the train) at speed -- very precisely -- for a moment or two, then moves erratically as if trying to get a better look.

Such behavior is why the expression 'intelligent control' crops up in UFO discussion.

Take it from an old UFO hand, this thing is so typical as to merit the label "classic". Who knows what it is, but my gut tells me, whatever the heck it is, it's NOT alien meat in a can from some other planet. It's not meat in a can, period, IMO.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Silver Streak Bathroom Scene:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
On phone right now or I would do it, but Google Concorde UFO for a similar "orb" and impressive vid.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
its a good thing its unidentifiable so UFOs can't be ruled out.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

A UFO is, by definition, unidentified. As long as it remains unidentified, and if it is in the air, we call it a UFO. But UAP (Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon) is the preferred nomenclature these days.

"Flying Saucers" is definitely out, especially if it doesn't literally look like a flying saucer.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
you guys are so bias and ignorant. Everything is a UFO LOL.

anyone who knows anything watches that and within 2 seconds realizes that the entire film is a sham and just another example of number six being chased down by the rover.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Thank you!

Saw that. That's exactly what I mean by "classic" UFO UAP -- unidentified aerial phenomena. Small orb(s) of light tracking the aircraft/moving object at precise speed and bopping around as if getting a better look. I believe WWII's 'foo fighters' were somewhat similar in appearance.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

you guys are so bias and ignorant. Everything is a UFO LOL.

With all due respect, you are the silly ignorant one. It IS a UFO because even you can't say what it is.

Besides, you didn't even bother looking at the video, did you?

I know you didn't so shut up, go to Netflix, cue to 1:19:35-40, and identify that orb of white light for us. Explain to us how it got there, and why does the film clearly show it in perspective (behind distant objects). How did it get so bright on a totally overcast day? Explain the physical movement. The physics. Be a scientist and tell us how it happened, please, if you are so knowledgeable.

If it's a sham, please post a frame or two of analysis of the video and tell us why it is a sham. What the hell, maybe you're right. But I don't think you have any evidence or argument at the ready suggestive of its being a sham. If I had the DVD available, I'd capture the frames with the light moving behind the bridge structure and analyze the diffraction of the light source as it moves behind the dark vertical objects. Absence of diffraction in the frame would suggest a sham. Some diffraction of the white light source would be visible in the original video frames -- like a band of red-brown to blue, next to the dark object in the foreground. If that were found, that would be highly suggestive of it NOT being a hoax, i.e., not digital effects or film compositing effects but an an actual light source captured on film.

The UFO could have been added recently using digital bluescreen effects, of course, but that begs the question, WHY? Why go to the trouble, and in such an old film nobody watches much anymore? Just so some idiot like me would write this post or another like it? The question would be, why a hoax in _The Silver Streak_. It doesn't make any sense to me. Seems a highly unlikely place for a hoax to be planted, be it in 1976 or more recently. If someone wants a hoax, they'll try to make it go viral. This one ain't going viral for nuthin.

Anybody got the DVD?

If it was an airplane, we'd all agree, "hey, look there's an airplane". And I would have never posted this thread in the first place.
edit on 19-7-2017 by Namdru because: you have to prove its a sham

edit on 19-7-2017 by Namdru because: details, details

edit on 19-7-2017 by Namdru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

This one made go "what the faa?". The way this movie treats race is not too comfy at all. WIth the UFO and all, plus the violence and racial themes in the dialogue, this is one hell of an edgy comedy.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

my god take a chill pill. It was a joke. When I said a sham I meant the entire premise of the film being an extension of Patrick as number 6 in the Prisoner series. As if the entire movie was about the Devarou character escaping on a train.

I have two copies of this film both letterbox and cut to fit. I will check it out when I get a chance.

Its a great film BTW.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

10-4 on the chill pill. And it is a great film. Time to watch again and ignore the funny lights.

new topics

top topics

join