It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a true patriot?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
www.megagenius.com...

I read this article and found it very informative and excellent. I recommend YOU read it very thoroughly as well. Are you a true patriot? Are you prejudiced?

ENTER MY OPINION:

Donald Trump is not perfect, but he is doing his best. The answer is to support and help him; and yes, even correct him when he needs it. The division that is occurring in the USA(a country in which I am a citizen,) is not benefiting the USA. I support Trump, not because I always agree with him, but because I think he wants the same thing I do-a flourishing and prospering USA.
edit on 18-7-2017 by Aristotelian1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The problem begins when people take any and all criticism of Trump as only being prejudicial.

Lots of folks understand and comprehend that having a President do a poor job means the rest of us are in for a rough ride, and we don't hope for the President to fail at every turn. And we recognize that there are those who do hope the President fails at every turn, because they're blinded by their own partisanship.

But for some reason, some supporters want to lump "everybody else" into one category and dismiss any and all dissent and debate as being biased, fake, hypocritical, snobbery, jealousy, whatever-else-they-can-come-up-with.

And then there are those who's own warped definition of being a patriot only serves to fuel their bias-driven behavior.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
The problem begins when people take any and all criticism of Trump as only being prejudicial.

Lots of folks understand and comprehend that having a President do a poor job means the rest of us are in for a rough ride, and we don't hope for the President to fail at every turn. And we recognize that there are those who do hope the President fails at every turn, because they're blinded by their own partisanship.

But for some reason, some supporters want to lump "everybody else" into one category and dismiss any and all dissent and debate as being biased, fake, hypocritical, snobbery, jealousy, whatever-else-they-can-come-up-with.

And then there are those who's own warped definition of being a patriot only serves to fuel their bias-driven behavior.

I understand. Did you read the article?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

A true patriot questions everything about their government.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I don't disagree. Questioning is not working against.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1

No, but it could very well lead there.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yep.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

No, but it could very well lead there.

Well, I can certainly understand that. Did you read the article?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Yes, but it did not seem completely unbiased in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Are you a true patriot? Are you prejudiced?

I am prejudiced, not patriotic.

The answer is to support and help him; and yes, even correct him when he needs it.

Impeachment is a constitutionally prescribed corrective.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

I am prejudiced, not patriotic.

The answer is to support and help him; and yes, even correct him when he needs it.

Impeachment is a constitutionally prescribed corrective.

Do you think Donald Trump should be impeached?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yes indeed he should be. Only the Congress can do that. Not my job.

I'm surprised that you didn't ask if I read the musings of the mega genius.

They want to influence your vote by minimizing your options.

The article gives only one definition of patriotism, and one definition of prejudice. Talk about minimizing options! LOL!

The article is just another anti-media hit piece. Nothing to do with patriotism or prejudice.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Yes indeed he should be. Only the Congress can do that. Not my job.

I'm surprised that you didn't ask if I read the musings of the mega genius.

They want to influence your vote by minimizing your options.

The article gives only one definition of patriotism, and one definition of prejudice. Talk about minimizing options! LOL!

The article is just another anti-media hit piece. Nothing to do with patriotism or prejudice.

Okay. Why should Trump be impeached?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Incompetence. Trump simply isn't intelligent enough to do the job. Trump is just what Republicans wanted for President someone that has just enough brain cells to sign whatever they put in front of him. He is the biggest tool to ever inhabit the WH.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Mark Twain said that patriotism means supporting your country all of the time, and supporting its government only when it deserves i

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Nepotism, Lying, Emoluments clause, using official office for personal enrichment, ongoing money laundering for Russian mob. Accessory after the fact of Russian hacking of DNC.

Instead of paying his own bills for legal fees he started a 2020 campaign fund so lawyers representing him for alleged crimes committed in 2015-2016 can be paid by donors for 2020 run. I don't see how 2020 run has any connection to actions committed in 2015-2016. And what have the actions of D T Jr. in 2016 to do with Donald running in 2020?

The above seems like blatant fraud to me.

edit on 18-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Think about those two questions for about 10 seconds.

Now, do you realize that they are the same thing?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm patriotic like a fox.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Clearly there are very few "real patriots". Those who are beholden to corporate propaganda and their own solipsistic feelings more than their country and its success, are self-serving, misled, or worse, complicit in undermining American democracy.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
Patriot, from Greek πατριώτης (patriōtēs), meaning 'from the same country'

A "real patriot" is someone 'from the same country', regardless of ideology, race, religion, political affiliation, or choice of media consumption. Any American is not a patriot of yours if you are from a different country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join