It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Girl ISIS now with US troops in Iraq ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Middle East German teen who joined IS on trial in Iraq, could face death penalty

I presume she will end up back in Germany if the Iraqi's let her go ?

RBIL, Kurdistan Region (Kurdistan Region) – A German teenager who joined the Islamic State (IS) in Mosul is likely to stand trial in Iraq and could face the death penalty, according to German diplomats. German authorities are trying to bring 16-year-old Linda Wenzel back to Europe where she could spend a decade in prison as the country opposes the death penalty. Following a nine-month long battle against IS in Mosul, their de facto capital and last stronghold in the country, Iraqi troops arrested several extremists hiding in the city. Wenzel was arrested after Iraqi forces discovered a group of 20 female IS supporters from various countries hiding inside a tunnel. The women barricaded themselves under the rubble of Mosul with guns and explosives. The German teen was reported missing from her home town of Pulsnitz, near Dresden, in Germany last July as her parents desperately looked for her. Wenzel converted to Islam after she was allegedly “groomed by IS members on social media,” German media reported. When the teen was arrested, Lorenz Hasse, a local prosecutor in Dresden, said the teen could face trial in Iraq for her crimes. “[Wenzel] might be put on trial in Iraq,” Hasse said at the time of the arrest. “She might, as a foreigner, be expelled, or because she is a minor reported missing in Germany, she could be handed over to Germany,” the prosecutor noted. According to Iraqi counter-terrorism laws, the 16-year-old could face the death penalty, but only after she turns 22, the Associated Press reported. Wenzel remains detained in Baghdad along with three other German women who are awaiting prosecution following the liberation of Mosul. The condition under which they are being held is unknown at this time.

www.kurdistan24.net...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

The German teen was reported missing from her home town of Pulsnitz, near Dresden, in Germany last July as her parents desperately looked for her. Wenzel converted to Islam after she was allegedly “groomed by IS members on social media,” German media reported.

Being groomed at her age could be the same thing as brainwashing/reprogramming.
edit on 19CDT03America/Chicago01430330 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I just really never understood how young girls can get groomed by a terrorist group from a country that's pretty much now in ruin. I mean what is it that appeals to this girls. We had it here in the UK, 3 school girls travelled to Syria and met up with ISIS. I really don't understand do they think they are going to get there and be treated like queens ? Lol absolute idiots. They will have no internet no running water or decent food ... seriously what appeals to the girls to make them go over there.

Oh and then they are shocked because they are then made to be see slaves and all of a sudden don't like it there. Well sorry what did you expect

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
EU backed ISIS troops in Iraq and especially in so called Kurdistan will be eliminated swiftly and suddenly.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
I just really never understood how young girls can get groomed by a terrorist group from a country that's pretty much now in ruin. I mean what is it that appeals to this girls. We had it here in the UK, 3 school girls travelled to Syria and met up with ISIS. I really don't understand do they think they are going to get there and be treated like queens ? Lol absolute idiots. They will have no internet no running water or decent food ... seriously what appeals to the girls to make them go over there.

Oh and then they are shocked because they are then made to be see slaves and all of a sudden don't like it there. Well sorry what did you expect

What could a 16 year old girl expect? Whatever she was told to expect. Here's an update.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
An update after a closed door trial.. 6 Years and Home to Mom ?

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region (Kurdistan 24) – A German teenager who joined the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq has escaped the death penalty and received six years in prison instead, German media reported on Sunday. Linda Wenzel, a 17-year-old German national, will not be executed but will serve five years for joining a terrorist organization and an extra year for illegally entering Iraq, Germany’s Süddeutsche Zeitung reported. Representatives of the German Embassy in Baghdad were present at Wenzel’s trial which took place behind closed doors due to her age. When she was captured by Iraqi forces in Mosul last year, Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi had said the teenager would answer for her crimes and could face the death penalty. “Teenagers under certain laws are accountable for their actions especially if the act is a criminal activity when it amounts to killing innocent people,” Abadi said in an interview with the Associated Press. Wenzel was arrested after Iraqi soldiers discovered her along with 19 other female IS supporters from various countries hiding inside a tunnel. At the time of her arrest, the 17-year-old—who was 16 when she was detained—seemed unaware of the severity of her crimes. “I want to go home to my family,” she told reporters. “I want to get out of the war, away from the weapons, the noise.” In 2016, the German teen left her hometown of Pulsnitz, near Dresden, in Germany before traveling to Turkey and then Syria to join IS. It is unclear what her role within the militant group was, with some Iraqi security forces suggesting Wenzel worked for IS’ “moral police” where she was responsible for ensuring women adhered to a strict dress code. In many cases, those who violated IS’ strict dress code were whipped and sometimes killed. Earlier this year, an Iraqi court sentenced to death a 50-year-old German woman who was found guilty of joining IS.

www.kurdistan24.net...

edit on 19 2 2018 by skywatcher44 because: .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join