It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Israeli Christian killed his daughter because of her love for a Muslim, police say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
An Israeli Christian killed his daughter because of her love for a Muslim, police say

On the day after her high school graduation party, Henriette Karra, 17, confided in a relative her plans to become a Muslim for her boyfriend.

Henriette, an Arab Israeli, knew that her Christian family in Ramle, a city in central Israel, would be furious. Her parents had made it clear during Henriette’s year of dating her Muslim boyfriend, also an Arab Israeli, that they considered the relationship a shame to the family.

They allegedly beat and threatened her in an attempt to break up the relationship, prompting her to report the violence to police, the Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported.

Her boyfriend was in prison at the time but was scheduled to get out at the end of the week. On June 13, she told her relative of her plans to be with him. The relative then called her father, telling him Henriette’s intentions.

That day, police found Henriette dead in her parents’ kitchen, with multiple stab wounds to her neck.

On Sunday, about a month after Henriette’s death, Israeli police charged her father, Sami Karra, with murder, Israeli media outlets reported. Authorities allege Karra killed his daughter over his “vehement opposition” to her relationship with the young Muslim man and her intentions to convert to Islam for him, the Jerusalem Post reported, citing a criminal indictment. Karra’s attorneys asserted their client’s innocence and criticized what they claimed was a lack of forensic evidence in the case.

I mean yeah the guy was in prison, but that still isn't a good reason to murder your daughter because she wants to be with him. Of course that wasn't the true reason he murdered her. He murdered her because he is an intolerant, xenophobic Christian and his daughter's boyfriend is a Muslim and she wanted to convert to be with him. What a terrible person. But THIS. This is the # that happens when you let unchecked xenophobia against Muslims run rampant.

The Muslim religion is just another religion. There are good eggs and bad eggs in it. I have a co-worker who is Iranian and he is always telling me that people are shocked when he tells them his name is Mohammad and he is Muslim because he could pass for a white person if he wanted to. He's also a very progressive Muslim and has talked to me about going out to drink alcohol.

We need to stop hating people who are different. Hating Muslims isn't going to stop the bad ones from hating us. It is only going to harden their resolve and sell the idea to more moderate Muslims. We've been going through this stupid song-and-dance for centuries now, but it just never ends. Neither religion is better than the other in my eyes. They are both abhorrent at times and BOTH have #ty practitioners and believers. Then they also have some stellar people who believe the religion.

I feel for this poor girl and the guy she wanted to be with. Hatred ruined such a beautiful thing...
edit on 18-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
A sad tragic story .Arab Muslim, Arab Christian or even a Arab Jew might be in danger of falling into a severe case of Spiritual Pride . I guess Pride its self is enough to be the downfall of many but when accompanied by a Religious text can get out of hand quite quickly and in extreme ways.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ah, middle eastern religious culture strikes again...

(actually I am surprised it does not happen more often in the extremist melting pot that is Israel/Palestine)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Maybe religion is just the excuse used for the Arab problem.
That problem is Arab treatment of women.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

This is a key point. It's the culture that breeds these aggressive and barbaric actions. Not the religions themselves.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

On the day after her high school graduation party, Henriette Karra, 17, confided in a relative her plans to become a Muslim for her boyfriend.

Henriette, an Arab Israeli, knew that her Christian family in Ramle, a city in central Israel, would be furious. Her parents had made it clear during Henriette’s year of dating her Muslim boyfriend, also an Arab Israeli, that they considered the relationship a shame to the family.

They allegedly beat and threatened her in an attempt to break up the relationship, prompting her to report the violence to police, the Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported.

Her boyfriend was in prison at the time but was scheduled to get out at the end of the week. On June 13, she told her relative of her plans to be with him. The relative then called her father, telling him Henriette’s intentions.

That day, police found Henriette dead in her parents’ kitchen, with multiple stab wounds to her neck.

On Sunday, about a month after Henriette’s death, Israeli police charged her father, Sami Karra, with murder, Israeli media outlets reported. Authorities allege Karra killed his daughter over his “vehement opposition” to her relationship with the young Muslim man and her intentions to convert to Islam for him, the Jerusalem Post reported, citing a criminal indictment. Karra’s attorneys asserted their client’s innocence and criticized what they claimed was a lack of forensic evidence in the case.

I mean yeah the guy was in prison, but that still isn't a good reason to murder your daughter because she wants to be with him. Of course that wasn't the true reason he murdered her. He murdered her because he is an intolerant, xenophobic Christian and his daughter's boyfriend is a Muslim and she wanted to convert to be with him. What a terrible person. But THIS. This is the # that happens when you let unchecked xenophobia against Muslims run rampant.

The Muslim religion is just another religion. There are good eggs and bad eggs in it. I have a co-worker who is Iranian and he is always telling me that people are shocked when he tells them his name is Mohammad and he is Muslim because he could pass for a white person if he wanted to. He's also a very progressive Muslim and has talked to me about going out to drink alcohol.

We need to stop hating people who are different. Hating Muslims isn't going to stop the bad ones from hating us. It is only going to harden their resolve and sell the idea to more moderate Muslims. We've been going through this stupid song-and-dance for centuries now, but it just never ends. Neither religion is better than the other in my eyes. They are both abhorrent at times and BOTH have #ty practitioners and believers. Then they also have some stellar people who believe the religion.

I feel for this poor girl and the guy she wanted to be with. Hatred ruined such a beautiful thing...

Do you think the fathers hatred is kinda like your xenophobic hatred for christians
Fundamentalist atheists and their hate speech

If this happened regularly, I would consider your point valid
It's rare and exactly the opposite of what Christ taught

But hate away Ks, it's what you do best
Spread your fundamentalist, xenophobic hate speech at all christians, as if we accept these actions are those of a christian

You need to have a good look at yourself
edit on 18-7-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Krazysh0t,

I wanted to just add my dismay to the pile. This is a tragic, and utterly horrid circumstance. It is interesting that you correctly identified that xenophobia and intolerance played a part in all this, but I would stress that xenophobia and intolerance more generally, are not articles of faith for true followers of Christ. He never stabbed a person in the neck over whom they were in love with, or whether they intended to remain part of his congregation, wherever he was at the time.

Christ forgave people their sins, offered them repentance and acceptance. This young woman was murdered by someone who was most certainly not operating in the spirit and according to the word of Christ.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

This is a key point. It's the culture that breeds these aggressive and barbaric actions. Not the religions themselves.

Yeah, that is my point - the culture surrounding religion in the region.

(presumably though, it is effectively an interaction between the two, the lines separating them are honestly at best blurred.)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Krazysh0t,

I wanted to just add my dismay to the pile. This is a tragic, and utterly horrid circumstance. It is interesting that you correctly identified that xenophobia and intolerance played a part in all this, but I would stress that xenophobia and intolerance more generally, are not articles of faith for true followers of Christ. He never stabbed a person in the neck over whom they were in love with, or whether they intended to remain part of his congregation, wherever he was at the time.

I understand. I was very careful about not blaming the whole religion for this asshole's actions.

Christ forgave people their sins, offered them repentance and acceptance. This young woman was murdered by someone who was most certainly not operating in the spirit and according to the word of Christ.

It's not my intention with this thread to belittle the Christian religion as some sort of revenge against all the belittling done against Muslims or anything. I'm just trying to provide perspective that Christians have their own dirty laundry in their religion and we all need to work together to put a stop to these people regardless of their beliefs.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What is this, designed distraction from the Israeli police beating and arresting Muslims at the Temple Mount, while they were praying??

link to articles

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Yes, and unfortunately when these people flee these areas due to the hardships they are inflicting on each other they also export their culture with them. This is what causes the animosity and cultural mish-mash we are currently experiencing. Muslims and Christians who have lived in the West for generations don't have trouble adapting to our culture and values because they were born into it.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

How wide spread is the Christian killing Muslim situation like this?

As I understand it, the odds are much better with a Muslim killing a Christian. But that is according to the media. And the media is anything but reliable.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Do you think the fathers hatred is kinda like your xenophobic hatred for christians
Fundamentalist atheists and their hate speech

If this happened regularly, I would consider your point valid
It's rare and exactly the opposite of what Christ taught

But hate away Ks, it's what you do best
Spread your fundamentalist, xenophobic hate speech at all christians, as if we accept these actions are those of a christian

You need to have a good look at yourself

You totally missed the point of this thread in your haste to try to continue this feud you think exists between you and I.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Absolutely fair and reasonable point Krazysh0t, and one with which I agree entirely.

Between all the child molestation, other sundry physical and mental abuse, and murder in the history of those professing to Christian faith, it ought to be obvious to anyone observing, that the problem is not with religion of any kind, but with permitting phobics and fascists to live amongst decent people, under any guise. Simply put, fascists and phobics do NOT believe in human rights for all, which poses a threat to everyone around them.

This threat needs addressing, but many refuse to even consider the situation honestly and broadly. I fear that is because many suspect that their own phobic and fascist tendencies would show them up for the danger to the species that they represent.

link   

FYI : Mariage in Israel

link   

originally posted by: seasonal

How wide spread is the Christian killing Muslim situation like this?

Does it matter? Does it happening less somehow justify these actions? Should we not speak out against them?

link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

What's your point? Posting a wikipedia link and two videos with no context written by you really doesn't tell me a lot.
edit on 18-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Couldn't have said it better.

I have my own belief system altogether that is not christian or any other major or minor religious systems. Not that I am a hater because I believe all religious belief systems have wonderful parts in them and I use them like a buffet... I will defend the good parts of any religion.

With that said... to murder someone, especially your own flesh and blood is evil. Definitely not in the spirit of being a good person.

Tragic story and a damned shame. I can't see other family members agreeing with stabbing your own daughter to death. He has brought shame to his family. Ironic in a sense.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
This threat needs addressing, but many refuse to even consider the situation honestly and broadly. I fear that is because many suspect that their own phobic and fascist tendencies would show them up for the danger to the species that they represent.

Agreed, but the problem is that so many people are up their own asses with their biases that they refuse to open up and consider more nuanced approaches. If there is one thing humanity should have learned by now it is that the cycle of violence never ends and you don't create peace with war (at least not lasting peace).

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I guess you should engage in the process of watching those vids and reading the article ...

Just to see how a single case you expose in your thread is actually just the tip of the iceberg of religious fanatism in the theocracy of Israel.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join