It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 48
<< 45  46  47   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Sheye
Our concern is the dismissive attitude towards their experience and the lack of understanding of the transgenderism. Of course we should be concerned about those extremely rare cases of people regretting the surgery or have been misdiagnosed with gender dysphoria due to incompetent psychiatrists.

Your concern has been noted .
The fact remains that a male or female born into a gender will never become a different gender in body. While their minds and certain chromosomes can lean them towards a certain gender , no amount of surgery or hormones will change them completelt to desired sex.
This is what concerns me post surgery . Transgender begin to realize as much as they may feel they are a certain gender, they will never totally be that gender physically , and that can have devastating effects emotionally and psychologically.

My heart goes out to all those struggling with transition , as it is a long , often slow, and painful process.

The person this seems to have the most devastating emotional and psychological effects resulting from SRS Sheye, is you.

Have you thought about seeking some counseling for this? Or is it OK if I pray to MY god for your salvation? You might like my church. Instead of saying 25 Hail Mary's after confession the typical penance is eating a pound of hardwood smoked bacon from the local Farmers Market. Not as good for the waistline as an empty prayer but boy does it taste good and refreshes the soul in ways I can't describe! Give it a try sometime. It's way more satisfying than proselytizing. Even the JW's that come to my house eat some when I make it.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

The person this seems to have the most devastating emotional and psychological effects resulting from SRS Sheye, is you.

Tell that to family members and friends who have lost a transgender post op.

edit on 5-8-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Yes, the effects of transphobia are substantial.

If supportive family and friends do 'lose a transgender post-op' (haha, even your words betray your bigotry) then it is often due to murder.

Perhaps we should do all we can to fight such small-minded bigotry (:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: melatonin

Yes, the effects of transphobia are substantial.

If supportive family and friends do 'lose a transgender post-op' (haha, even your words betray your bigotry) then it is often due to murder.

Perhaps we should do all we can to fight such small-minded bigotry (:

Did you read any of the testimonials in my OP ? .. or subsequent posts. A pubescent girl killed herself despite having full support of family and school.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

She was post-op? In puberty? Unlikely.

Sheye around 50% of adolescents with Gender Identity Disorder attempt to take their own lives. Their distress is not caused by those who accept and help them.

Don't feign concern for these people. It is disingenuous and disrespectful. Your attitude to gender variance is obvious throughout this thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: melatonin

She was post-op? In puberty? Unlikely.

Sheye around 50% of adolescents with Gender Identity Disorder attempt to take their own lives. Their distress is not caused by those who accept and help them.

Don't feign concern for these people. It is disingenuous and disrespectful. Your attitude to gender variance is obvious throughout this thread.

You have a right to your opinion , but you are way off on your judgement of my concerns, which matters little to me. God is my judge as to what my intentions and motivation are concerning this thread, so you can take your judgements and stick em '

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Sheye, I believe in loving-kindness. So from that angle I'll try to be as kind as possible. It is your sort of attitude that can cause distress.

Yup, you have opinions. We all do. Sometimes best to keep them to yourself when they are much less than helpful to very vulnerable individuals. There is a lot of noise and hate being directed at this population currently.

If you disagree with SRS etc - that's absolutely fine. No-one expects you to undergo it, haha.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This thread has run its course.
And is now closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47   >>

join