It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I've made more money in the last 4 years of my life than I ever had previously.

I thought you were enlisted in the services ? Do they give good raises ? I always thought they weren't that well paid, though they do have medical coverage for many things.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

So I put it to you that it isn't actually the transgender people who are mentally confused, it's society, for thinking that gender is a black/white binary choice.

There is much truth in that statement... although I see it just a little differently or perhaps from a different angle.

When mankind first defined gender, it was based on the most superficial of criteria: our body parts.... innie or outie. Mankind then decided to define our hearts and minds and souls in the most shallow and superficial manner by those same body parts -- and it has FAILED MISERABLY!!!

Gender is what we make of it -- the good, the bad and the ugly. Just like everything in life.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

I thought you were enlisted in the services ? Do they give good raises ? I always thought they weren't that well paid, though they do have medical coverage for many things.

Was, I have been out since 2011

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

Was, I have been out since 2011

Ok... thanks for clarifying

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Can people be born into the wrong bodies? In my opinion, yes they can.

Well, according to the Buddha, we are all in the wrong body.

This body, which we "identify" with, does not belong to us.

The body we get is the result of past karmic actions, and it's only a "temporary" thing anyway.

It's not permanent. We can't "keep it".

No matter how much we "take care of it", feed it, clean it, etc..it is going along with changes of its own, and will one day return to the dust of the earth.

We should not get attached to this body, because it is impermanent, and not really ours to keep.

A true Buddhist is always "dissatisfied" with his body. He practices "non attachment", and he never tries to "improve the body" or "change the body" to suit some imagined fancy. Simply let the body be, don't interfere with the body process, it will do it's own thing, and go its own way, all on it's own.

The Buddhist simply "watches" the process of evolving changes in the body, and tries not to create "new karma" that would lead him to get another one of these imperfect bodies in the future.

On the other hand, the Buddhist believes, in another sense, that we have the "right" body. It's the result of our past karma, the things we did in a previous life that caused us to come into the world in this "particular body". So, even though the body is not ours to keep, it is ours to experience. It's not someone else's experience. It's our own.

Desiring "another" body, than the one we have, is probably normal. Since, we probably had many past lives when we had bodies that made us happy, and we may want one of those bodies again. But, that's not the body that we are "entitled" to at this point in time, because we have to learn something new in this life, to pay some debt incurred in a previous life, and so whatever body we have now, is the right body for the time we are in.

So, we are always in the right body, but it is never ours to keep, and the ideal state of being is not to be in possession of things that are not ours to keep, hence, it's always the wrong body which we have, no matter what we do to the body.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

So compliments, a tall man, money and exotic cars is what fulfills you?

Boad was being very honest and sincere with you, and you reacted in such a rude way. The more you speak, the more shallow you become and the more pain I sense.

You can tell yourself you're not in pain, but you can only hide it for so long.

I ownmy vanity though being a leo it is at the very least subtly inherent to my nature. So yes not stressing over where my next meal is going to come from or missing my car note and having an attractive mate who is also in a good stable financial situation in my life makes me very happy and I will not be made to feel ashamed for that.

Well being a Virgo, I can completely understand the Leo in you, but that's no excuse for being so shallow. But I get it and won't judge you, because I don't believe you really are, you were just getting really frustrated.

I understand that having gone through this journey yourself, you are obviously very passionate about it, but you also have to understand that not everyone will go through the same journey as you. Just because we have concerns that have not or will not apply to you, doesn't mean the dynamic can't exist in others, and that's my whole issue with this. People don't allow the possibility of things happening outside of their black and white world, which is unrealistic and not how reality works.

You've clearly made the right decisions for yourself and are happy about it, so this should no longer be about you. No 2 people are the same, no 2 situations are the same, and no 2 journeys through life are the same.

All I'm asking is for everyone to have an open mind to ALL opinions, if we want to have real discussions.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
How is this not a hate thread?.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Opposing views are now considered hate threads? Typical leftist mentality.

And thanks for proving my point.
edit on 19-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
How is this not a hate thread?.

By the OP and others expressing genuine concern for very real risks and adverse outcomes for real people who are feeling real pain...

However, your point is well taken. There are those who refuse to accept any other "truth" than their own and respond with insults and hostility and hate for anyone who dares to express additional truths.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Well, according to the Buddha, we are all in the wrong body.... On the other hand, the Buddhist believes, in another sense, that we have the "right" body.

So, we are always in the right body, but it is never ours to keep, and the ideal state of being is not to be in possession of things that are not ours to keep, hence, it's always the wrong body which we have, no matter what we do to the body.

Beautiful thought and beautifully said. Thank you so very much for expressing this so well!!!

This is along the lines that I've been thinking, but far more complete than my thoughts. And I never could have said it so well.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

We have been open minded to all opinions. I have read your and OP's threads and understood your point clearly. If there is any truth to OP's claim then of course I would be concerned about their plight. I just wish that you and OP and others would be open minded to our points and scientific evidence as well.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

opposing views are fine but when folk refuse to understand the science and only post views from far right bigoted sites how is it not a hate thread.
You refuse to even listen to people who are trans.
Live and let live or continue drowning in your own hate filled #e pool.
Oh and typical alt right person a hate filled sad ignorant bigot.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

We have been open minded to all opinions. I have read your and OP's threads and understood your point clearly. If there is any truth to OP's claim then of course I would be concerned about their plight. I just wish that you and OP and others would be open minded to our points and scientific evidence as well.

But as always with Sheye and other's who believe the biased nonsense in OP's article and those that star many of Sheye's unfounded and unscientific posts....scientific research and evidence..and the findings that are published within scientific, peer-reviewed reports are "biased". Somehow.

Classic of Sheye. You prove the source in which she is trying to post from is a biased article that does not cite any true and unbiased, scientific sources and she pulls a "I'm rubber and you're glue! You're biased!"

Keep up with that strawman army and your baseless lies, Sheye!

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

opposing views are fine but when folk refuse to understand the science and only post views from far right bigoted sites how is it not a hate thread.
You refuse to even listen to people who are trans.
Live and let live or continue drowning in your own hate filled #e pool.
Oh and typical alt right person a hate filled sad ignorant bigot.

Or in Sheye's case, play fip-flop at her very own fickle whimsy from thread to thread.

"Trans repulse me! They're icky!"
followed by
"I feel so bad for them!"
followed by
"It's their fault they're depressed and suicidal! They need to grow up! They need to have their demons cast out!"

The only thing Sheye has proven is her continued willful ignorance

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

But as always with Sheye and other's who believe the biased nonsense in OP's article and those that star many of Sheye's unfounded and unscientific posts....scientific research and evidence..and the findings that are published within scientific, peer-reviewed reports are "biased". Somehow.

Classic of Sheye. You prove the source in which she is trying to post from is a biased article that does not cite any true and unbiased, scientific sources and she pulls a "I'm rubber and you're glue! You're biased!"

Keep up the hate Reya... you can't prove they are baseless lies anymore than you can prove your scientific research and it's theories are correct.

I didn't start this thread to hurt anyone , and I thought people should be made aware of how some transgendered have had deep regrets.

But apparently that can't be true .. and I'm posting lies..
Good grief ... I can well imagine the hell some trans are put through by their communities if they dare speak out concerning regret of transition.

We simply must agree to disagree ... you are in my prayers.. God bless you

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Keep up the hate Reya... you can't prove they are baseless lies anymore than you can prove your scientific research and it's theories are correct.

I didn't start this thread to hurt anyone , and I thought people should be made aware of how some transgendered have had deep regrets.

Good grief ... I can well imagine the hell some trans are put through by their communities if they dare speak out concerning regret of transition.

It's not hate. You're pushing your ignorance within a public forum. And you expect not to get called out on it. Whether it is by myself or by the many others who have called you out on it, you play victim following our request for evidence to support your claims. In the many other threads you have posted in, ACTUAL peer-reviewed scientific studies have been posted for your review to show you why your claims are wrong. Did you ever read ANY of them? No. You further push ignorance by shrugging your shoulders and saying "You can't prove what they're saying is true."

Do you know anything about the scientific process at all, Sheye? Thus far, you have shown myself and many other posters and readers on this site that you do not. Do you know anything about how such evidence is gathered and published and then further reviewed by peers within the field to ensure further scientific validity and accuracy?

Again, I would assume by your unwillingness to read or attempt to understand as a telltale sign that you do NOT understand. Actual scientific studies have been linked to you in other threads about this same exact topic and you are completely unwilling to budge within your own bubble of ignorance.

I, personally, do not need to prove anything as I am not the scientist. But I am honest enough and open-minded enough to read the various reports and studies and change my opinion based on where the facts lead the narrative.

YOU on the other hand refuse to change your narrative to fit the facts. You post articles that DO NOT cite any actual scientific studies and are backed by foundations that are against the very same concepts in which you're conveying that you're against. Again. This is called confirmation bias.

You're famous for it. No one is hating on you. It's not hating. It's correcting.
I will now await your cognitive dissonance.

In the meantime, I found your bucket where you keep your claims:

edit on 19-7-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Not once have I ignored or dismissed anyone's views, quite the contrary actually, and you of all people should know that. I've acknowledged all the views from the pro crowd and always kept it as civil as possible.

But it's you guys that fail to accept the possibility of any other views.

Just look at your buddy testingtesting's response. I'm not even going to waste my time on him.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

He's not my buddy.
And no I have always accepted the possibility of all views. As I have said, if any of the OP's claims are even remotely true then I would admit the possibility. So far I've only seen lies and innuendos. And you should know that the articles in OP is extremely biased with no links to any scientific evidence.
I know you have read the scientific evidence. Have you attempted to understand them? Accept that there is a possibility that they might be right? And that some children have genuine gender dysphoria? And that the parents and society are not trying to push this on them or confuse them?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

He's not my buddy.
And no I have always accepted the possibility of all views. As I have said, if any of the OP's claims are even remotely true then I would admit the possibility. So far I've only seen lies and innuendos. And you should know that the articles in OP is extremely biased with no links to any scientific evidence.
I know you have read the scientific evidence. Have you attempted to understand them? Accept that there is a possibility that they might be right? And that some children have genuine gender dysphoria? And that the parents and society are not trying to push this on them or confuse them?

Why is it that actual studies and scientific reports have been posted to show that the agenda an assertions found within articles like that of OP's and no one within OP's scope is willing to accept them?

And when others...like you...or I..or countless others simply request scientific evidence or reports, those in favor and of belief in OP's assertions neglect to provide any evidence? And even more than that, they completely shrug off actual, legitimate evidence?

Oh wait,....I think I might know the answer already, my friend.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It's not hate. You're pushing your ignorance within a public forum. And you expect not to get called out on it. Whether it is by myself or by the many others who have called you out on it, you play victim following our request for evidence to support your claims. In the many other threads you have posted in, ACTUAL peer-reviewed scientific studies have been posted for your review to show you why your claims are wrong. Did you ever read ANY of them? No. You further push ignorance by shrugging your shoulders and saying "You can't prove what they're saying is true."

Do you know anything about the scientific process at all, Sheye? Thus far, you have shown myself and many other posters and readers on this site that you do not. Do you know anything about how such evidence is gathered and published and then further reviewed by peers within the field to ensure further scientific validity and accuracy?

Again, I would assume by your unwillingness to read or attempt to understand as a telltale sign that you do NOT understand. Actual scientific studies have been linked to you in other threads about this same exact topic and you are completely unwilling to budge within your own bubble of ignorance.

I, personally, do not need to prove anything as I am not the scientist. But I am honest enough and open-minded enough to read the various reports and studies and change my opinion based on where the facts lead the narrative.

YOU on the other hand refuse to change your narrative to fit the facts. You post articles that DO NOT cite any actual scientific studies and are backed by foundations that are against the very same concepts in which you're conveying that you're against. Again. This is called confirmation bias.

You're famous for it. No one is hating on you. It's not hating. It's correcting.
I will now await your cognitive dissonance.

In the meantime, I found your bucket where you keep your claims:

If peer reviewed science is so correct why does it keep changing its theories over time.

That still doesn't take away from the fact that 1 in 5 transgendered have a very difficult time transitioning, and if they call out blame for this on peeps who don't accept them, then they are the ones lying.

Transgendered must be aware that not everyone will agree with the choices they make before transgendering as an adult, and they should act like adults and accept the fact people will have differing opinions.

Oh .. and yeah .. you've been hating on me this whole thread and others. Your posts are dripping with condescending and hateful remarks trying to make yourself appear more intelligent and more " correct".

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join