It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: veracity

a reply to: Sheye

you could make a fake profile, say name it "transregret" and post on here about the evils and disadvantages of transitioning to the opposite sex?

See what I mean? You call out fake on more info than trump does 😂

thats bc you are like trump and believe anything that fits your agenda

and btw, that was not calling anything fake news...it was explaining how you could "find a regretful trans" to come talk to us on this board, lofl, omg that is such a funny thought, you are so cute

My point was that if there was one... ATS would be the last place he/she would spill its regrets 😕

im sure its bc you just do not know any better, but calling someone an "IT" is very disrespectful and says alot about you.

nevermind, you changed it, I take it back

edit on 18-7-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
oops screwed up the post 😏
edit on 18-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

im sure its bc you just do not know any better, but calling someone an "IT" is very disrespectful and says alot about you.

That sounds awfully judgemental.

Perhaps you can't not judge afterall.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

i meant as it in the sense of as a human with either gender.. can you find anything else to pick on?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I think he meant veracity was being judgemental after saying it was not ok to be judgemental.

link   

can you find anything else to pick on?

You're lack of literacy perhaps as that wasn't directed at you.

Just editing to point out I mocked someone's literacy and used You're instead of Your, before someone else does

edit on 18-7-2017 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

link   

I admit, I am at fault...I must judge judgers...sounds crazy i know. I can keep happy and compassionate about all other beings except jerks and judgmental people, i have to judge them, i always call them out on their bigotry and bad behavior.

I know, i have to work on it.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Sometimes we do not have to know everything, just enough to know that its working and to not judge.

We can't not judge.

We can lie about our judgements so as not to offend, or we can be honest about out judgements and possibly offend.

All these polarising conversations are the same.
Honesty is discouraged making a resolution almost impossible.

NO, we CAN not judge

That last sentence coming from you is quite laughable 😂...Someone who is willing to call childrens protection services on totally fine loving parents who refuse hormone blockers for their child.

Then you say the majority of people would judge those parents as child abusers, yet no one is supposed to judge ...except you and your cohorts of course.
edit on 18-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Then that makes you no better veracity. You are calling people judgemental and bigots, while being judgemental and a bigot.

Hypocritical and very poor form.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

can you find anything else to pick on?

You're lack of literacy perhaps as that wasn't directed at you.

Just editing to point out I mocked someone's literacy and used You're instead of Your, before someone else does

Ok .. I'm confused now , but apologies if I misconstrued what you said or who you were saying it to.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

how can this possibly be a fad? slap bracelets were a fad, belly button piercing is a fad, tight-rolled pants is a fad. How can transgerism possibly be a fad?

and...even if it were, there are psychologists and doctors who can filter through the "trans fad" and the real dysorphia.

Please quit using that as an excuse against helping trans kids with transitioning.

I mean the popularity in news stories. And yeah sexuality has always been a fad, as has body manipulation...

It is no longer a huge deal if someone is gay and makes headlines as it used to. And yeah I remember people playing it up as being gay (who are actually more likely if we need to label bi-sexual) as they married and had kids with the opposite sex.

Teens have always struggled with identity, not just of the sexual nature. Now that it is no longer a taboo thing to cross-dress, or genderbend or get a sex change. This can actually be a way to rebel against society, to socially find a niche. Yet this is an option that our current media portrays as an amazing thing when it is an incredibly difficult and forever life altering change. Teens and young adults do not see the repercussions of actions that are life lasting or no one would ever regret just an ordinary tattoo.

edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 18 Jul 2017 14:37:01 -0500pm2America/Chicago by abeverage because: grammar

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Cutting limbs off makes you less functional.

Whining about limbs you don't want makes you even less functional.

So you're calling transgender children and adults whiners?

No, I'm saying that if someone wants to lose a limb they should lose it and get on with their lives.
And if someone wants to lose their junk then they should lose it and get on with their lives.

That's what they have been doing. The OP is bringing too much attention to them.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Will you post a link to that 2016 survey you were talking about? You said it was in your OP but it isn't.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Then that makes you no better veracity. You are calling people judgemental and bigots, while being judgemental and a bigot.

Actually, calling out bigotry is not bigotry within itself, as much as you would love it to be, its not

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Will you post a link to that 2016 survey you were talking about? You said it was in your OP but it isn't.

I think it was a poll that was taken and it might be on another link I posted.. sorry for the confusion..I'll get the link.. hang on 🙂

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

how can this possibly be a fad? slap bracelets were a fad, belly button piercing is a fad, tight-rolled pants is a fad. How can transgerism possibly be a fad?

and...even if it were, there are psychologists and doctors who can filter through the "trans fad" and the real dysorphia.

Please quit using that as an excuse against helping trans kids with transitioning.

I mean the popularity in news stories. And yeah sexuality is always been a fad, as has body manipulation...

It is no longer a huge deal if someone is gay and makes headlines as it used to. And yeah I remember people playing it up as being gay (who are actually more likely if we need to label bi-sexual) as they married and had kids with the opposite sex.

Teens have always struggled with identity not just of the sexual nature, now that it is no longer a taboo thing to cross-dress or get a sex change this is an option that our current media portrays it as an amazing thing when it is an incredibly difficult and life altering change. Teens and young adults do not see the repercussions of actions that are life lasting or no one would ever regret just an ordinary tattoo.

you see it as a fad, i see it as children being more accepting.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Actually, calling out bigotry is not bigotry within itself, as much as you would love it to be, its not

How is it bigotry to be concerned about ones emotional health and well being. It isn't bigotry when you advocate for a child making life altering choices at such a young age and call those who disagree with you child abusers and threaten to call child protection services on them. How dare you assume you know better than a child's natural parents.

Now that is bigotry at its finest.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

How dare you assume you know better then the natural parents of Trans people who have been supportive and understanding towards their child.
Works both ways eh?.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I know you care about children a lot. And I know you would be a good mother to a transgender child if you had one. I know you will come to accept the persistence of gender identity. I know you wouldn't force them to be who they are not. It used to be hard for parents of gay children. Nowadays they are more accepting.
edit on 7/18/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Sorry .. I said survey , when I meant poll
www.thenewamerican.com...

There are some studies included in some links posted as well .

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join