It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. McConnell and President Trump Now Want ObamaCare REPEALED ASAP - REPLACED LATER.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The repeal is the most important part of this as far as I am concerned. Healthcare was much better before the Feds got involved and screwed it up. I don't care if it ever gets replaced...just repeal...please.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The repeal is the most important part of this as far as I am concerned. Healthcare was much better before the Feds got involved and screwed it up. I don't care if it ever gets replaced...just repeal...please.

I agree. I wonder if it could just go back to what it was before. Maybe expand medicaid to take pre-existing conditions with all the leftover "tax" Obama stole from us for not being able to afford his garbage.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
We control the House, Senate & POTUS there is no GOOD reason we can't get a proper bill passed. The real problem is these cowards don't have what it takes to stand up the insurance companies and HMO's who are the real villains in this tragic farce.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Absolutely. Let hospitals go back to absorbing all the unpaid services and continue to fail as they have been. Who needs them? Just rub some dirt on it. It will be OK.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
Rand lost all credibility sneaking ...

... and this was my central point about the guy. Honestly, he's a weasel.

He's like one of those people who come over to your house ... and your dog growls at 'em for no apparent reason. You can't really put your finger on what's wrong with him, but do you reject your dog's instincts at your own risk of peril? LOL

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

If they repeal and have a safety-net in place for the sick and the poor, Repubs will look like geniuses...even though it's a "no-brainer" thing to do.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I think Ted Cruz is OK.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I think Ted Cruz is OK.

He's not a RINO, but he's still a politician. I'd rather have the Democrat Trump than Lyin' Ted as POTUS. FWIW

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
I agree with Trump's actual opinion on the matter, let Obamacare fail, and let the democrats take the blame for it. If it hurts Americans, it's their own fault for electing Obama twice. If it succeeds, then good for the Country. I wish Trump would follow his true beliefs, and not be coerced on so many issues by the Establishment. Too much to wish for I guess.

This is a pretty novel idea, insomuch as it will help thin out the poors by decreasing the surplus population! Good riddance and Ba-Humbug eh?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
CBO Score for this: 32 Million lose coverage.

It is still a dumpster fire that will harm the healthcare industry. If they want to do this, it will slap them back in the face when their constituents realize all the protections and considerations of rural hospitals and clinics that were built into the ACA are suddenly gone, not to mention personal protections and care standards - NO insurer is going to hang out for 2 years in the ACA marketplace knowing it's gone in a couple years.

Congrats, Conservatives. Because you didn't want to work with *gasp* the other side of the isle *gasp* you will now own the ultimate failure of Repeal and Run.

Thanks so much for doing what you do best and turning the clock back to imagined "good old days" that really really really sucked...

Enjoy losing your insurance and getting junk plans! Enjoy ER's being crowded with uninsured that you pay for anyway as the hospitals charge more and more! Enjoy your rural hospital closing!! Enjoy being kicked off your plans and priced out when you get sick! Oh boy!! Enjoy not being able to purchase insurance on the individual market if you lapse for 63 days! Enjoy your pre-existing conditions! Enjoy your relatives and friends being uninsured and going bankrupt - or maybe even YOU!! Enjoy watching them die because they can't get healthcare!!!

All because of...what exactly? The horror of not wanting to fix problems in legislation that already solved those problems? The tragedy of working to make the ACA more fair and cost less (thanks for all the sabotage that cost your constituents MORE to begin with - classic dick move btw) was just too much for you????

People who THINK they want this "change" because the bad old days hadn't yet impacted them, will find out eventually that they screwed themselves.

*shakes head in disbelief*

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Ha. What a bunch of clowns.
Republicans don't seem capable of passing a one-car parade. They whine, bitch, & moan for almost a decade about legislation that, while not perfect, has helped a lot of Americans. Then, given the reins of power, they completely fail to get anything meaningful done. Now we're back to simply repealing something they don't like. Because heaven forbid it could only be a meaningful and helpful healthcare bill if republicans crafted it--which they can't. They just don't like the fact that the dems got something done. What a bunch of selfish, greedy, simpletons. Already looking forward to the midterms.
edit on 18-7-2017 by Gandalf77 because: Typo

edit on 18-7-2017 by Gandalf77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I agree with Trump's actual opinion on the matter, let Obamacare fail, and let the democrats take the blame for it. If it hurts Americans, it's their own fault for electing Obama twice. If it succeeds, then good for the Country. I wish Trump would follow his true beliefs, and not be coerced on so many issues by the Establishment. Too much to wish for I guess.

Where was that stated as the opinion of the POTUS exactly? The media twisting every single thing he says isn't bad enough? His tweet says for republicans to repeal it outright and that democrats will join in. He said nothing about democrats taking the blame for anything as punishment for electing Obama twice. That is absolutely a lie, and for no other reason than to bait and instigate.

This is why the bull# won't stop. This is why America continues to be divided. Right here. This inflammatory, unnecessary, adversarial type of garbage does nothing for Americans as a nation. People bitch about the media making things up and instigating, but this is really where the true problem lies.

Trump is trying to unite Americans. And he's got a hell of a challenge because of crap like this, undermining and cheapening what he is trying to do at every turn. Staying divided might get you little green stars on the internet...but in real life, it's taking us to a place that we may never be able to come back from. This nonsense needs to stop.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The Republican Plan to simply REPEAL ObamaCare now and REPLACE it later, has already died...in just over 12 hours, even though the Republicans voted to REPEAL ObamaCare 32 times! The most recent being Summer of 2015.

""WASHINGTON — A last-ditch plan by Senate Republicans to repeal ObamaCare with a two-year delay in implementing a replacement now appears dead.

Three GOP senators — Susan Collins of Maine, Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska — said Tuesday they won’t support any plan that gets rid of ObamaCare without a replacement in place.""

Full Story - nypost.com...

As I said earlier, I think Susan Collins is a disrupter RINO, planted in the Senate by Democrats.

Earlier today, President Trump repeated the sentiment you referenced, TruMcCarthy.

“Let Obamacare fail," he continued. "It’ll be a lot easier, and I think we’re probably in that position where we’ll just let Obamacare fail. We’re not going to own it. I’m not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it.”

I hope they work something out quickly. Only 2 months left before the 2018 ObamaCare plans are loaded into the Federal Exchange, tested, published for the November 1st Open Enrollment.

edit on 7/18/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The Republicans won't do anything,they are incapable of any type of rational thought.I think I see Emperor Nero in the distance...

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The Reublicans own the the WH, House, and Senate, and Trump wants to A) not own any of this debacle of not getting anything passed relative to healthcare, and B) wants to pin it all in the Democrats. C'mon man.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
As Trump said this morning, America needs to elect more, REAL Republicans in 2018. Not Republicans In Name Only (RINO).

But that won't avoid the carnage that's coming the day after 12/31/2017.

The ACA has Obama's name on it, but the current captain of the ship is Trump. If it sinks, it's HIS fault.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
WELL...

Looks like it's DEAD.

Repeal & replace: DEAD

Repeal & delay: DEAD

So much winning!

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Repeal it and not replace it simply translates to he gets to go on TV and say "SEE? We said we would repeal it and we did", so he can consider it "WINNING". (it doesn't take much for him to make that claim)

And for all those who lose it and can't afford to replace with anything else? Too Bad. According to posters on ATS you deserve it.

And yo mama and Aunt Sally in the nursing home? Hey, if you hurry maybe you find them some space under the bridge.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Looks like planned demolition to me. The critters want the PPACA taxes to spend, the industry wants the billions in subsidies.

The so called repeal wasn't one anyway. It was defunding that would leave PPACA intact for later manipulation by critters.

The only way this ever gets fixed is an implosion of the entire industry back to its basics - chaos it is, chaos it will be.

I've said all along any form of forced government healthcare wether single payer, hybrid or exchanges will lead to certain failure due costs, some sooner, some later.

The end result will be implosion.

The sooner this occurs the better as fewer casualties will occur if it's sooner. It's cold hard truth unfortunately.

One wants really place blame? Go back about thirty years to those who did not deal with cost issue in first place.

Basic root is, costs increasing required more use and dependency on insurance, further rising costs made insurance unaffordable, that made government intervention necessary, government intervention increased costs even further.

The time for government intervention was thirty years ago with selective enforcement of anti-trust laws when it would not have disrupted industry or the wider economy.

Now problem has grown large enough that the "cure" may kill the patient in more ways than one.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The only times these professional liars pontificate about a straight repeal is when there is no chance it will pass. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of idiots arguing over who's going to drive the Obamacare Bus off the cliff.

Many folks voted this past election with the expectation that Obamacare would be repealed. It's obvious now that it was just a sham. All the blather about repealing it during the past 8 years was a charade. Both flavors, red and blue, still taste like excrement, doesn't matter if it comes from a donkey or an elephant.

Oh by the way, don't buy into the whole "well, we'll just let it collapse then" thing. They won't. They'll just put on their big girl panties and throw more tax dollars at it.
edit on 7/18/17 by AnonymousCitizen because: another thought

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join