It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. McConnell and President Trump Now Want ObamaCare REPEALED ASAP - REPLACED LATER.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
July 17, 2017

After 2 more U.S. Senators declared this evening that they would vote NO on the proposed ObamaCare Repeal-Replace plan (the Better Care Reconciliation Act), Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has decided to take President Trump's advice, and go with a straight REPEAL of ObamaCare. The replacement will come later.

""Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said on Monday night the Senate will try to separate the ObamaCare repeal and replacement efforts, closing the door on the current GOP healthcare legislation. 

"In the coming days, the Senate will vote to take up the House bill with the first amendment in order being what a majority of the Senate has already supported in 2015 and that was vetoed by then-President Obama: a repeal of Obamacare with a two-year delay to provide for a stable transition period," McConnell said in a statement. 

The move means Senate Republicans will try to repeal ObamaCare now, while kicking a replacement until after the 2018 mid-term election.
The 2015 ObamaCare repeal bill passed the Senate 52-47, with GOP Sen. Susan Collins (Maine) and then-Sen. Mark Kirk (Ill.) the only Republicans to oppose it.""

Full Article Here: thehill.com...

-ALSO TONIGHT-

""President Donald Trump urged Republican lawmakers to repeal Obamacare first, and then come up with a solution for replacing it. It is unclear if the GOP has the votes to repeal the law without an immediate replacement, as it risks destabilizing insurance markets.""

Trump Tweet: Republicans should just REPEAL failing ObamaCare now & work on a new Healthcare Plan that will start from a clean slate. Dems will join in!

Source: www.cnbc.com...

------------

The details are unknown at this point, but I wonder what a 2 year delayed ObamaCare repeal (a phase-out?) will mean for January 1, 2018? Health Insurance companies need to know before September, what their 2018 operating environment will be, and what they will be offering the public when all current plans end on 12/31/2017.

-CareWeMust

edit on 7/17/2017 by carewemust because: wording adjustment

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
McConnell , Old Mitch ? Speaks with forked tongue..Beware the sheep in lion's clothing.

edit on 7/17/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
McConnell , Old Mitch ? Speaks with forked tongue..Beware the sheep in lion's clothing.

Yep ... he's gotta go. I would kind'a like to see him and Rand Paul replaced next election.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
2018 is going to be the CHANGE WE WANT TO SEE..... We have seen the swamp exposed... DEMS, and the GOPe.... the UNIPARTY laying the same games..

GOPe wanted to use the failure of ACA as a 2018 Election advantage... thinking the folks were STUPID...

CONGRESS has had the LOWEST ratings in approval for YEARS...

IT's time that libs & conservatives & silent majority FLip the script on the entire facade...

Send the SWAMP HOME......

We deserve better.... considering that the power of the United States resides in the PEOPLE...

Let's take back what is OURS...

ONce we get rid of the slime, we can get back to debating policy....

Can we do this? I think we can

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Yep ... he's gotta go. I would kind'a like to see him and Rand Paul replaced next election.

I am actually gaining a little respect for Rand this go around. I ditched him a few years ago when he supported Monsanto over the right for us to know if GMO was in our food. But from what I heard, the RINO's have a 200 Billion bail out in this bill for the insurance companies. People are going to die alright, but it will be because both the Democrats and Republicans colluded for single payer. Let's just keep chasing our tails shall we?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

My personal favorite for being replaced is Susan Collins. She reminds me of a Democrat agent, implanted in the Senate to always go against the majority.

Collins: Mitch, I can't vote YES for the ObamaCare replacement unless big $$$ is added to fight Opioid addiction.
2 weeks later...
Collins: Thanks Mitch for adding $85 Billion for fighting Opioid addiction!
McConnell: Great! Do we have your "yes" vote now, Susan?
Collins: Nope! Not until you remove the language that cuts Medicaid.

with Susan Collins.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Susan Collins

Wasnt that the author of several "racy" novels ?

Sen. Susan Collins joins Cyndi Lauper on stage

After that , I agree , needs to go...

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Rand lost me when he presented "his" bill earlier and it had an exemptions from anti-trust laws for medical industry.

Those laws are going to end up the only way to reign in costs as healthcare continues to exponentially increase in costs.

Rand lost all credibility sneaking that little gem into his bill.

It should also put to bed any thoughts that that industry enjoys any immunities from such law - otherwise why put it in bill?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: seeker1963

Rand lost me when he presented "his" bill earlier and it had an exemptions from anti-trust laws for medical industry.

Those laws are going to end up the only way to reign in costs as healthcare continues to exponentially increase in costs.

Rand lost all credibility sneaking that little gem into his bill.

It should also put to bed any thoughts that that industry enjoys any immunities from such law - otherwise why put it in bill?

I wasn't aware of that one. Well back to square one for me?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think even democrat voters recognize that PPACA costs in premiums and crazy high deductibles are paying for minority with extraordinary medical costs while the average person is "locked out" by never meeting deductible. Piss off even middle road democrat that they pay more than house payment and never hit reimbursement point.

They know it's not viable.

On otherhand most republican leaners I know realised congress is completely dysfunctional on both sides of aisle and what they all do amounts to "pay for play"

So no its not "Vietnam" it's more akin to Trump managing the world's largest daycare full of pathological liars, thieves and malcontents bent on performing chaos and destruction of the nation for a buck and a vote.

Scratch my head wondering why any incumbent from either party keeps getting put back in office by voters - Einsteins definition of insanity fits.

If Trump can't do it we're doomed as no one else has the gumption, brass or wherewithal.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I agree with Trump's actual opinion on the matter, let Obamacare fail, and let the democrats take the blame for it. If it hurts Americans, it's their own fault for electing Obama twice. If it succeeds, then good for the Country. I wish Trump would follow his true beliefs, and not be coerced on so many issues by the Establishment. Too much to wish for I guess.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yep! Susan Collins is a SMART version of devious Hillary Clinton.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Since WE THE VOTERS keep re-electing immoral incumbents, we're getting what we deserve, don't cha think? I'm sure they laugh about it at Congressional social functions.

You're so right about President Trump having to preside over a daycare of dysfunctional adolescents. I truly admire how he tweets encouragement to the little guys/gals every few days..just like a supportive mentor with LD/BD students.

Recent Tweet: "Republicans are working hard to make America's healthcare really great. Keep up the good work!"

While in his mind, I bet Trump is thinking, "These idiots are a lost cause! Why the hell didn't Hillary win?!?!"

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
I agree with Trump's actual opinion on the matter, let Obamacare fail, and let the democrats take the blame for it. If it hurts Americans, it's their own fault for electing Obama twice. If it succeeds, then good for the Country. I wish Trump would follow his true beliefs, and not be coerced on so many issues by the Establishment. Too much to wish for I guess.

The problem is that ObamaCare IS currently failing. It's behaving like a ship that was listing for a couple of years, but is now in the process of going down. Those in the lower decks (the sickest in the 60 counties with no 2018 health plans) will drown/die first.

If that happens, the CURRENT captain of U.S.S. ObamaCare will get the blame. The liberal Mainstream Media will make sure the whole world knows that Donald Trump is the current captain in charge.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The problem is that ObamaCare IS currently failing. It's behaving like a ship that was listing for a couple of years, but is now in the process of going down. Those in the lower decks (the sickest in the 60 counties with no 2018 health plans) will drown/die first.

If that happens, the CURRENT captain of U.S.S. ObamaCare will get the blame. The liberal Mainstream Media will make sure the whole world knows that Donald Trump is the current captain in charge.

That's the game plan. But the Democrats own this!

People will die, but it won't be on Trump, it will be on Obama and the Democrats!

God Damn shame the people we elect act like children isn't it?
edit on 18-7-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I`m no genius but it seems to me that if the republican congressmen haven`t came up with a better plan in almost 7 years, that they won`t be able to come up with one in the next 18 months before the 2018 mid term elections.
they have been crying since 2012 when obamacare was enacted and yet they have had 7 years to come up with a better plan and they still have nothing!
sorry guys but if 7 years isn`t enough time ,I`m not giving you another 4 years to come up with a plan.
if my boss told me he wants me to come up with a better plan I doubt that he is going wait 11 years for me to come up with a plan.
congress is suppose to represent the American people, the American people don`t need a minimum of 11 years to come up with a better plan.

if the founding fathers waited 11 years for congress to revise the constitution we would never have had a country.

do you realize that even the most primitive and dumbest americans can produce a child and raise it to the age of 11 years before congress can even come up with a plan.

I`m just so tired of congress pissing on me and telling me it`s just raining.
edit on 18-7-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: carewemust

That's the game plan. But the Democrats own this!

People will die, but it won't be on Trump, it will be on Obama and the Democrats!

God Damn shame the people we elect act like children isn't it?

Based on their reactions tonight, you'd think that Democrats are absolutely delighted that American citizens will die, due to the failure of Republicans and Obamacare.

""The Associated Press reported that Democrats "could barely contain their glee.""

Even Chuck Schumer climbed out of bed tonight to read a statement...

""This second failure of Trumpcare is proof positive that the core of this bill is unworkable," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York said. "Rather than repeating the same failed, partisan process yet again, Republicans should start from scratch and work with Democrats on a bill that lowers premiums, provides long term stability to the markets and improves our health care system.""

Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

The thing is, Republicans aren't some monolithic group, they have vastly different viewpoints and ideas. Sure the democrats lined up en-masse to pass Obamacare, but it was a pile of garbage, there's no reason to praise that behavior. At least there are some Repubs standing up to the crap of GOPCare. Of course why does Obamacare even need a repeal? It was passed by Obama and democrats, so it must be good, right?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

You're absolutely correct in your assessments Tardacus. This has got to be so frustrating for President Trump. I don't think we'll have a businessman running for President again for a very long time. Government is seriously dysfunctional!

I wish Americans would force Congress to utilize the same systems all of us use to get by day-to-day in life.

They (Congress) reminds me of a Pastor I know who tells his flock to "sacrifice" and "give to God till it hurts!". All the while, his family lives a life of luxury and privilege.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
at least they care about healthcare for everybody, not just the wealthy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join