It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Justine Damond shot dead by US police in Minneapolis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

That's just the thing here, no ones up in arms. Family, friends and a small group of locals have demonstrated for answers.
Beyond that, only the MSM is slightly even mentioning it. Alt News, which in the past, reported police corruption, is silent. Makes you wonder.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

There should be a rule. If the camera is off, everything is assumed to be true as far as what the victims say about what happened.

If they are dead like this and cant speak, it should be assumed that the police killed her in error of judgement and should be put on paid leave until its figured out.

If criminal, then thats that. There is a process for that already.

That missing video really sucks.

That is criminal even if they didnt mean to shoot her.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Cofactor

I can't tell if you're joking.

No, cop cars don't have kevlar lining. The cost would be astronomical, for a number of reasons.

The door skins on cars are getting thinner and thinner. Save on weight, improve gas mileage, probably costs less for the manufacturer, and crumple zones have replace enormous and heavy in the safety department.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: caf1550

And who would you have foot the bill for larger costlier batteries, the average tax payer because thats who will.

Taser Axon Body 2 have battery life of 12 hours (internal battery) and cost ~$399.00.

A police cruiser yearly expenditure is normally around $50K to $70K, if we include just the car, fuel, oil, maintenance and repair.

The tax payers can easily foot the small difference in bill...

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I for one, would throw him in jail just for not having his body cam on. It's time for these to be on for the entire duration of their shift. There is no reason to turn it off.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

No, cop cars don't have kevlar lining. The cost would be astronomical, for a number of reasons.

Bulletproof Kevlar lining was available on every Crown Vic after 2006. So your telling me police force can afford to equip you with a Kevlar vest, but cannot afford the option of a relatively thin layer of kevlar based composite inside the door???

ETA: Was not talking about protection against armor piercing bullet.
edit on 18-7-2017 by Cofactor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

There should be a rule. If the camera is off, everything is assumed to be true as far as what the victims say about what happened.

If they are dead like this and cant speak, it should be assumed that the police killed her in error of judgement and should be put on paid leave until its figured out.

I agree but honestly I think this is all being done on purpose. This is a typical color revolution tactic we have witnessed that has taken down other countries. What will we do if the good cops say eff it, this crap isn't worth it. Anarchy? Antifa?
But in this case? I think a virtue signaling Mayor has gotten her ass in a sling! This guy was given this job because he was a Somalian period! Both him and his partner were noobs. I know I put 2 different scenarios, but I think they both can apply to the total negligence in this woman being murdered.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
So a Somali Muslim police officer "accidentally-on-purpose" shoots the white woman dead .... well thats one way to kill the infidels.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
What a crap hole.
Poor lady I hope people get serious time here I hope the Aussie government kicks up a right fuss about this.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Cofactor

You know what? I was COMPLETELY wrong. It apparently was an option. Weird (the movie I'm watching just said "it's weird" when I typed that, which is also weird).

When I was younger, I worked at a body shop and we contracted with the county to fix cop cars. We worked on a TON of them and I had the pretty freaking sweet job of driving them to the shop (they usually were just slightly mangled) and back to the garage. Never saw or heard of kevlar, so I assumed. My bad.

I'd still think the safest place is behind the engine block, then wheels, then kevlar. Do you know if any of those cars were kitted out with bullet proof windows?

My understanding is that kevlar is fairly expensive for what it is, and that decking out a car would be fairly pricey. Considering how often those cars take damage (in my experience we as a small shop got probably 5 a month in various states) it would still seem costly to add that option considering how rare it is a cop car gets shot up.

Either way, this whole thing sounds horrible. It sounds like the cop was already a problem (depending on what the complaints were, I'm sure they all get complaints no matter what) and shooting over a partner at an unarmed woman sounds like panicked behavior. It's sad.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

My understanding is that kevlar is fairly expensive for what it is, and that decking out a car would be fairly pricey.

Ford offered the option on the CV just for the two front doors at $1500 per door. Windows were not offered as bullet proof.

Kevlar is not really astronomically expensive or hard to find, at least for std Kevlar, tactical Kevlar is restricted stuff and expensive, but the level of protection is just couples percent above, so just pack more regular Kevlar to do similar job.

Kevlar (unwoven) can be found easily inside old fiber optic cable, can buy at surplus electronic store. This is the yellow fiber strengthening the cable in traction. I have some here, very usefull to reinforce adhesive when doing repair.
edit on 18-7-2017 by Cofactor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

actually they dont and they also have white members. try again

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I hope Australia gets pissed.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Sure as christ someone will blame the victim, they always do. To these people I say;

Few Australians have guns
- cops carry side arms which is disconcerting enough but cops have little expectation that they will use them.
- they have not yet got to the stage of expecting to be shot at when confronted by a person with a gun.
- Australians who go overseas do not expect cops to indistinguishable from thugs.
- Australians have not yet leaned to think of cops as thugs and crims with guns - killers.

The extent to which cops can shoot people with ease, apparent impunity in some cases it seems, is a measure of how superior the cops feels over citizens and its a measure of how much disdain government has for their own people inclusive of the people from other countries.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
What a crap hole.
Poor lady I hope people get serious time here I hope the Aussie government kicks up a right fuss about this.

The Australian govt will do and say Sweet fa because they owned by the US government.

If this events makes the media which I doubt, It will be just a by line in the news repeats.
edit on 18-7-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

There should be a rule. If the camera is off, everything is assumed to be true as far as what the victims say about what happened. - AGREED

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

If this events makes the media which I doubt, It will be just a by line in the news repeats.

That statement could not be further from the truth . The media are all over it here .

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Azureblue

That statement could not be further from the truth . The media are all over it here .

Well,well, well what a supprise, the lady must have been somebody

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Unf'ing real, give this moron a last cigarette and a blindfold.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I guess as your fellow Aussie, we don't go to these extremes. We wait for the Coroner to deliver a verdict. Generally its why or why didn't you shoot. Verdicts always the same.

I didn't or haven't seen people rioting, looting, burning etc that usually follows a cop shooting in some locations in USA.

Tragic for this lady and her family. Sigh, but I'm just an Aussie.

kind regards,

bally

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join