It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Justine Damond shot dead by US police in Minneapolis

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing
LOL... dont even get me started.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
For anyone still unconvinced that this is not going to just go away and to get an idea of the seething rage within Australia over this right now. Rather than using an Australian source to ensure you knew this is reported to outside, this is from the BBC.

Justine Damond: Australia waits for answers in 'American nightmare'

Be very aware that this is a huge issue in Australia and it is major headline news every day. I tried to explain the severity of anger, emotion and how seriously it is being taken here earlier in this thread but it just wasn't taken seriously. Don't be under any impression otherwise that Australians are white hot with rage over this.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I think people understand the Australian response I just dont think it really factors in. Australian anger is not going to force an outcome outside of the law anymore than US anger would force an outcome outside of Australian law.

Australia wants answers on what occurred and they want someone held accountable. All perfectly reasonable requirements however both legal systems dont operate at the speed of light. Its going to take time and if people cant understand that then thats their problem - regardless if they are here in the US or in Australia.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

they want answers, but they are not ready for the truth.
it's just another day in American Police force. if it's not planting evidence, it's feeling scared and shooting, or shooting themselves and framing others, or get caught eating weed brownies during raids and file lawsuits against their privacy or other officers corroborating falsehood statements in the name of solidarity.
this isn't some film noir context or examples, the above are happening as we speak.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

tell them it takes time to develop a cover story that people can buy into and those handling this may have to try a few different scenarios before they find one believable enough to fool to fools.

Then there is the final deliver..... oh yes.... there will be that. Complete with emotional speeches from politicians who state the people were wronged by a tragic accident. Shortly after a special investigation will be put together and approved by obama/warren/bernie whatever where this officer will be a victim of the system somehow and rile up a bunch of folks to hate somebody.... probably trump. Furthering identity politics and improving the lives of all americans.

For you LEO get ready for some BS training on how muslims need to be coddled to and a whole slew of new recruits coming soon from some country,most cops could not point to on an unlabeled map. No rubber guns for veteran LE if you play along.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

my favorite is when they sleep in there cruiser all night when they are supposed to be on patrol.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I think people understand the Australian response I just dont think it really factors in. Australian anger is not going to force an outcome outside of the law anymore than US anger would force an outcome outside of Australian law.

Australia wants answers on what occurred and they want someone held accountable. All perfectly reasonable requirements however both legal systems dont operate at the speed of light. Its going to take time and if people cant understand that then thats their problem - regardless if they are here in the US or in Australia.

It factors in because the way this is being perceived by the world is that this time America has gone too far. I don't know how easy or not that is to fathom for an American but it is not good. This is one of the last straws and the world is fast going to cut ties in many ways if this is the way it treats its friends.

Put it into perspective that people outside of the USA are taking this very personally and when it comes to freedoms and how they live, the USA is low on the scale and the rest of us have our governments and authorities by the balls in comparison.

You say this sort of thing doesn't happen fast - the process of investigation etc - but fail to take into account that we all know full well that lies are being concocted as we speak and write. They are frantically trying to come up with a bullsht they think we'll all accept and haven't yet realized, I don't know how many times I frigging well have to say this for it to get through your head also and I'm not being offensive but exasperated, that this is a game changer.

America, you've really done it this time.

edit on 22-7-2017 by GusMcDangerthing because: spelling and grammar as usual

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing
You say this sort of thing doesn't happen fast - the process of investigation etc - but fail to take into account that we all know full well that lies are being concocted as we speak and write. They are frantically trying to come up with a bullsht they think we'll all accept and haven't yet realized, I don't know how many times I frigging well have to say this for it to get through your head also and I'm not being offensive but exasperated, that this is a game changer.

and your comment above is why some opinions arent worth taking into consideration. Australians can run their country and investigations according to their laws and we will run ours according to our laws.

As for other countries upset about whats going on inside the US. Dont really give a damn as we dont answer to them.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

you will believe what we tell you and thats that!

give us any problems and we will take your country over and name in Trumpland.

biggest problem other countries have is all your views come from our news and the overwhelming majority of America is peaceful and friendly with a friendly populace. watch the news you would think there is a race war going on...False. watch the news and you would think everyone hates trump and wants him out.....huge lie. i have black neighbors who still have trump signs up. Everyone i know wants the clintons and bushes to go to prison.

take that back...one person hates trump i know and she is a crazy single liberal nut with 7 cats who grew up in south america.

There is a lot of fantasy being pushed out there right now. The American populace is seeing right through it. Take a look at our MSM tv ratings. Nobody watches anymore.

So dont hate americans. We dont like this crap about cops killing yoga instructors either.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

and your comment above is why some opinions arent worth taking into consideration. Australians can run their country and investigations according to their laws and we will run ours according to our laws.

As for other countries upset about whats going on inside the US. Dont really give a damn as we dont answer to them.

Okay, it's clear that you are utterly incapable of hearing what it is that other people saying over the screaming of whatever is going on in your own mind.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Let me spell it out for the Americans who are too mentally impaired to be able to think outside of their own little bubbles what this means on a wider scale than they seem able to comprehend. You might think your country is the absolute sht but all you have is nukes. That's all you have now. Everything else, including your freedom, is gone. You have now told the rest of the world, 'don't come near us we are a haven for insane left wing protesters who run riots on our streets and when that isn't happening, your police officers now consider you all fair game and will shoot you dead on the spot'.

You may think thin won't affect diplomatic ties - it already has and will continue to. It will affect your tourism and therefore what economy you have left remaining which is not in tatters and therefore jobs. It also affects personal perceptions of your country, which was once seen as a shining beacon of freedom and wonder and is now not considered far from being a stinking cesspit of corruption, greed, narcissism, crime, hypocrisy, ruin and danger. How did you let it get to this? Aside, of course, from lying to yourselves like some have done in this thread and pretending that it wasn't happening. You've taken your friends and spat on them and now are pushing their faces into the dirt when they express their frustration with you and tell you truths that you can't cope with hearing.

The people I know who live there and have been successful are all coming home, if they haven't already. The only people you're getting are the ones you don't want, but then you haven't tried hard to make it any other way.

Vale, United States of America.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Okay, it's clear that you are utterly incapable of hearing what it is that other people saying over the screaming of whatever is going on in your own mind.

Not at all... From the beginning of this i have stated people need to wait for the investigations to conclude. I read what you typed and dismissed it because its based on utter nonsense and paranoia.

If Australians, or the people in Minneapolis, think this can be resolved in a week then they are the ones with the mental impairment.

This situation wont affect diplomatic ties and repeating that nonsense doesnt make it any more believable.

How people perceive the US is important... to an extent. When the perception is contingent upon the outcome of an investigation though, where people want to ignore our laws, the perception they hold becomes less important, and for good reason.

Take your posts for example... Attacking the US and making threats about diplomatic relations and how we are viewed all because of an incident thats under investigation... Making asinine comments about the intent of the police and what they are trying to do to somehow deflect criminal wrong doing...

It is you, and people who share your mindset, that is the real issue here. Let the investigations run their course and we go from there. Attacking something you apparently dont understand, or dont care enough to learn about, is your problem. You should work on that before thinking you have the moral authority to lecture anyone else.
edit on 22-7-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I haven't, on contrary he sounds very qualified seeing as he's a college graduate.

haha. Yeah, that's it.

Maybe he couldn't cut it in the business world and the policing world.

Shortly after a special investigation will be put together and approved by obama/warren/bernie

Those people have faded away and no longer work well by name reference.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Those people have faded away and no longer work well by name reference.

No but their legacy of racial division and war on the police continue to this day and will for years to come. We saw it in action when the Chief of Police decided to play politics, resulting in her losing her job. We saw it when the Mayor tried to hold a news conference, thinking somehow she was exempt from her actions in this mess.

Yes, they are gone however what they left behind will take years if not decades to fix.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You guys love to make it a right vs left thing, you are blind, dumb and deaf, to the in your face racist statements and sentiment of your beloved right or is it now Alt right, if I told you the nation's PD is crawling with supremacist would that affect your POV??.
edit on 22-7-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2Baaka

a reply to: 2Baaka

He feared for his life because he was just so, so terrified of the kind-looking, well-spoken Australian women in her dressing gown outside her own house in what he knew to be at last a reasonably safe neighborhood? That would mean he should never have been in his role and I'd guess that the only reason he even got close to having the role is because of his ethnic/cultural/religious/minority background and his useless tokenship has backfired now rather spectacularly and resulted in not merely multiple cases of other incidents against him towards the public but now his murdering of one of them.

There is literally no defending this man's position, not in any way and it cannot be supported. This is a case of missteps throughout and on his part it is glaringly obvious that he has a lot of hide and answer for. He was identified because that is what happens pretty much always and in case you hadn't noticed this is 2017 and it wouldn't be that easy to hide.

Basically you're saying to us that police officers shoot when they're spooked by loud noises and frankly I'm shocked that you think they ought to behave like labradors. I guess it's lucky that labradors don't know how to use guns, eh?

The only way we could accurately determine if this guy was a AA hire is if he's otherwise unqualified. Have you heard anything stating he's unqualified?

Well, golly gee does he seem qualified to you?

Sure does, haven't heard anything contrary yet. Unless you're strictly referring to the shooting? If that's the case is every officer who shoots someone unqualified?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Thanks for the correction, but yes AA in this context mean African Americans.

Thanks, I appreciate knowing. I replied to someone who used it thinking they meant the other so it's helpful to know in case I get things very wrong.

I did mean the other, you were correct.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: justagod
I have to disagree with you slightly here, the negative encounter with LEOs have been decades deep in AA communities, again what bought about the term Black lives matter, was the shock of a wannabe be cop hunting down and shooting a blk teen wearing a hoodie, ultimately the shooter walked,

Remember he was just a wannabe it seemed that any random ass could shoot any blk without fear of consequence and while I can't say all white folks but a lot applauded not only the death of this teen but the exoneration of that murder, many non blks underestimate the pain and anguish felt by both the murder and the perp walk..it was like Blklives don't matter.

Yes they made some / many mistakes but the hash tag isn't one of them.

Hilarious!

BLM was a reaction to Michael Brown who assaulted a cop after robbing a convenience store.

Don't let facts obscure your agenda though.

Hands up don't shoot! LOL

The problem is what proof we have Mike assaulted that officer? For instance, how will you react if the officer in this instance states this woman assaulted him?

The black community knew that was a filthy lie amd yet the white community actually believed Mike attacked the officer through his window, tried to run, then decided to turn and charge through bullets at the officer.

I'm waiting on Mr. Noor to give his account on how this thuggette assaulted or gave him cause to fear for his life

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Many here would welcome pos like that in the police force many still want segregation.
Come to the uk dude we were talking about racism the other day and it isn't a big thing over here...we are all British and help each other out no matter what skin colour.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: Spider879

Many here would welcome pos like that in the police force many still want segregation.
Come to the uk dude we were talking about racism the other day and it isn't a big thing over here...we are all British and help each other out no matter what skin colour.

Thanks for the offer Testing, but personally im in a good place right now, as I live in Japan and in one of the koolest cities in the world lifestyle wise, encounter with raw and specifically anti black racism I can't remember any, general anti foreigner racism maybe sometimes a thing, but it's good to live and work in a country where being black is not necessarily being at the bottom of the totem pole.. but I still love my country hate it's warts, I am angry because I care, and know we can do better, my fam and life long tomodachis of all sorts that looked exactly like a united colors of Benetton ad, since I was a kid..and tho separated and living in various parts of the globe , having kids, mortgages , potbellies and receding hairlines , we are still tight..it is that America I still yearn for.. and yes it do exist, but is under threat.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join