It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd bands only you have heard.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Going through all my old LP's and finding some tunes I completely forgot about and I doubt many have heard them.

The Chameleons...swamp thing.

Gonna take em all down T' shops and sell em

I loved all these. But seriously...that song by The Chameleons...I'm officially in love. Seriously. Was beautiful and haunting.

Here's some I've been recently listening to. No one locally here that I've met has even heard of them...I knowit doesn't mean they're necessarily obscure..but who knows haha. Would loooove it if anyone has heard these:

or

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

I know right may be my fave song ever.
Here is a good band also.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

I have not heard that...in like 1998, I saw me lee chin and Martin Atkins doing a show at a place called mohawk music. It was just those two, and they did karaoke to their own songs. They just sang over their own instrumentals. It was really weird, but very intimate. They did 5 or 6 songs and then hung around and sold records. I think it was for me lee chins solo album at the time.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Hey you, haven't talked to you in a while. I just wanted to thank you for posting Swamp Thing by the Chameleons...after everything happened last week with my ex..I literally have listened to that song over twenty times at one point or another. The song actually helped, even if non-intentionally. And on my special white widow...the song was even more beautiful.

Thank you for that..it actually made things a little easier lol.

Not sure if you'll like this, but you said you enjoyed shoegaze....and it sounds like you enjoy that echoey-dreamy guitar...not sure if I shared this with you already..but The Daysleepers are something I listen to a lot down here...especially when heading to the beach.

CX

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Love these.....probably not the only one to have heard these, but they are very different..

CX.
edit on 8/8/17 by CX because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
These too.....heard these first years ago on ATS radio......oh I miss staying up here in the UK to listen to Nef and the crew.

CX.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Here, have a bit of Poisoned Electrick Head.

They were a band from St Helens, Merseyside. One of the best bands we produced, and we produced some good ones from Liverpool and its surroundings.

Creature Feature:

20th Century Man:

Pure Psychedelic rock.

Hope ya like 'em.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Secret Chiefs 3

This group was actually started by the former guitarist and producer of Mr. Bungle. I love most of their work and wish they would tour around my area more often. I missed my chance at seeing them with Goblin a couple of years back.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benderisfunny
a reply to: Ruiner1978

I have not heard that...in like 1998, I saw me lee chin and Martin Atkins doing a show at a place called mohawk music. It was just those two, and they did karaoke to their own songs. They just sang over their own instrumentals. It was really weird, but very intimate. They did 5 or 6 songs and then hung around and sold records. I think it was for me lee chins solo album at the time.

Sounds awesome. She's got a cracking voice.

Damage Manual should be right up your street.
Saw them in the late 90s. Loudest gig I've been to, too loud, way too loud.
Plus Atkins was head butting the crash cymbals whilst playing his kit. I'd never seen the drums played like that, or ever since...

Something else for ya too just cos anything Atkins is involved in is awesome.

edit on 23 8 1717 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Cardiacs.

Hands down THE oddest band I know of.
There is no inbetween with these guys, you either absolutely love them, or hate them with a passion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join