It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Lynard Skynard Is Now Lynyrd Skynyrd

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm apparently from this timeline. It's always been Lynyrd Skynyrd. All the vowels are y's.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

No siree. It's just some Lynyrd Skynyrd fans never could spell, is all.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I became a fan of Lynyrd Skynyrd in the early 70's and I have always remembered it spelled as I just spelled it. However, I have experienced what I would call the "Mandela Effect" when it comes to deaths of certain celebrities, whom I am certain I read had passed away, and then suddenly read that they had died again, years later. For example, Abe Vigoda, and Billy Graham.

edit on 06/03/2011 by MitchL61 because: added comments

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I've been alive since 1971.

It's ALWAYS been Lynyrd Skynyrd.

In the mid 70's, I remember vividly talking to my brother about why it was spelled wrong, and I couldn't understand irony, and word play at that young age.

This whole Mandela Effect thing is full on BS.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

It was a simple misspelling, LOL. It has both spellings there.

edit on 19-7-2017 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Sooo. I know for a fact it's Berenstein not Berenstain. But I also know for a fact is Skynyrd not Skynard. How am I from both timelines?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Sooo. I know for a fact it's Berenstein not Berenstain. But I also know for a fact is Skynyrd not Skynard. How am I from both timelines?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

good this thread is alive.
for me its
Bernstein Bears not berenstein or berenstain
JFK ASSASINATION ONLY 4 PEOPLE in the limousine NOT 6
Interview with a vampire
mirror mirror on the wall
sex and the city
james bond movie the girl has braces

also folks if you happen to know the blood groups of your friends ask them again and post the changes

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

Well you're right about one. It was Sex And the City...

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: eManym
a reply to: abago71

To give an example of how you're sure it's Lynyrd and I'm sure it's Lynard... (to wit; I'm a musician too, and just wen't to their tribute concert)...

There is a Mandela Effect where the "Effected" said the line in the movie Apollo 13 was "Houston we have a problem", but it'd changed to "Ahh Houston, we've had a problem." There's even websites for famous misquotes of movies and that's one of them.

When I heard it was an ME (and remembering "we have a problem"), I watched the clip from the movie - it said "we've had a problem" clear as day.

Then it switched back.

Now if you listen to the clip he says "we have a problem" again. The websites saying "we have a problem" as a misquote are wrong - and the ME video's are still there saying it had said "we've had".

I'm positive you and your friends (and others) label this as a common misspelling of a band name - just like there's websites saying the Apollo 13 movie is misquoted. Does that make sense?

Somehow reality is switching around or flip-flopping.

I don't know how many times it needs to be explained that human memory is tremendously faulty, which accounts for all of this, before you people stop believing this completely idiotic nonsense. What's more likely? That the whole of reality is "flip-flopping," or that it's caused by something that easily explains it and that we already know to be 100 percent true (memory being extremely faulty)? Stop being willfully dumb and use logic for once. There is no Mandela Effect. It has always been Lynyrd Skynyrd. This whole concept is incredibly stupid. The End.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I am in my 50s .... Lynyrd Skynyrd has always been Lynyrd Skynyrd, never with "a"s

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
the mandela effect is the most boring thing i have ever come across, based solely on remembering things wrongly.
no one's ever said they awoke in a different timeline hommosexual and with eight adopted african kids.
for a conspiracy to take off it needs to involve something sexual, people only started paying attention to aliens once they said they would probe your butt.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

Well you're right about one. It was Sex And the City...
looks like your and my timeline intersected only for the sex and the city.
but google this string ' mandela effect jfk assasination ' you'll see that there are 6 people in the limousine in the videos there

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

No, I think the rest you have mis-remembered. The Sex And The City one is often given as an example because many Mandela Effect believers think that it was Sex In The City, bu they're wrong, it is And, not In.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

No, I think the rest you have mis-remembered. The Sex And The City one is often given as an example because many Mandela Effect believers think that it was Sex In The City, bu they're wrong, it is And, not In.
No dear i am 100 % sure , i have not misrememberd all that i posted

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have always remembered it as Lynyrd Skynyrd. Even my 8 track says Lynyrd Skynyrd.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The odd spelling of the band's name (with all of those "Y"s) was always a thing people talked about, even back in the 1970s and 1980s.

So, no...It was never spelled with "A"s, and there are distinct memories of people talking about the odd spelling. What I mean is, it's not as if suddenly there are "Y"s where nobody ever noticed "Y"s before. It was noticed by anyone paying attention back then, and was even a point of discussion....

...Then again, we know for a fact that there are people who do not pay enough attention to the world around them, that I don't find it surprising that there were people who didn't notice or don't remember...or maybe they DO remember that there was discussion about the spelling back in the 1970s and 1980s, but there recollection of that discussion is confused.

edit on 2017/7/20 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperboles

No pet, you are 100% wrong....

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

This again is not something new. The confusion over "Sex and the City" and "Sex in the City" is as old as the show itself. Even back when the show was airing, there were people (online and such) mistakenly calling it "Sex in the City".

And since there were so many people using the wrong name, the wrong name stuck with many more people.

So, yes -- I'm sure there are people who CLEARLY remember it being written as "Sex in the City" back when the show was first run back in the late 1990s and early 2000s...and they would be right; it was often written that way back then -- albeit every instance of it being written that way back then were incorrect.

edit on 2017/7/20 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join