It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Lynard Skynard Is Now Lynyrd Skynyrd

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
Yep - you read that right: Lynard Skynard is now Lynyrd Skynyrd.

So I just ran across this new Mandela Effect and thought I'd post it - however I can't upload any residue images as ATS is having issues at the moment and uploads aren't working very well (all the bbcode is for the same image).

Here's the only one I can get to upload atm.. It's from a popular classic rock station - note the url and heading are different than the body text:

Because uploads are hosed right now, you'll have to look up the residue yourself (if you want) - there's tons if you search on Google / YouTube for "Lynard Skynard".. Remember, these are fans uploading videos etc - it's not likely they'd misspell their one of their favorite bands' names. If you look at their logo now it looks totally strange as "Lynyrd Skynyrd".

At any rate - we just went to a tribute concert for Lynard Skynard and Rush about 3 months ago - I'm 100% positive it was Lynard Skynard. I asked my wife if we threw away the ticket stub and it looks like we did.. but it wouldn't matter anyway, as I'm sure it's changed.

There's not a whole lot to say on this one - I remember Lynard Skynard and I'm wondering if anyone else does?

It's always been Skynyrd. Look at old albums.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ChrisM101

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

It's always been that way lol. ME isn't a thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Sweet, to see more input in this thread.I was feeling kind of tired and tripping out a bit reviewing the thread after my last post here.I recognize my perspective of ME is kind of biased, due to the strange in my own life.It's challenging at times,to discuss this the topic with the kind of openness that I enjoy.No matter, there's nothing to be afraid of.

a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
Thanky you, I was interested in this.I wanted to know the context of that earlier post to better understand the reasoning process behind it.

I briefly checked the link about RMT, and the implantation of false memory.Used as a tool to gather information with traumatic experiences, I imagine there being issues. It brings to mind the research into those who have abduction experiences. Eh, I hope that the minor details involved in some of the ME would make it easier to recall under hypnosis.Perhaps the methodology of RMT is still being investigated.In any case, this is a mental note for me to ask a professional in that field for their perspective.

a reply to: Reverbs
I looked over the link Reverbs, and have come across similar ones contemplating the spelling of the word.It was suggested that a university teacher had learned the spelling incorrectly, and the students picked that up for example.He may have even got it from a misprint in somewhere, himself.I recall learning it with the n.

The first post on the wordwizard page mentions the author referring to a page with the word spelled dilemna as the catalyst in the first link.

The link to page 2 is down.I dug it up using the Wayback Machine, and saved closest before 2008. While thought provoking, I still was looking for more info.Digging some more, the author of the first link wrote the author of the Designobserver website had wrote it as a quote from someone else.I checked in the usual places to see if I could take a glimpse of the text from the 16 Acres book by Philip Nobel, to no success. I was wondering if the text actually had it as dilemna in the book or not.

I tried linking to the pages here from Wayback Machine, it's not working.The url's I'm mentioning are:
link 2:
www.designobserver.com/archives/000267.html -copy from March 8th, 2005
link 1:
www.kingmarketing.ca/weblogs/ajkandy/archives/2005/02/instal_a_spell.html -from Jan 15, 2008

The Tidy-Cats is interesting.Individuals reporting the effect switching back and forth makes me even more curious about the ME.Thank-you Reverbs for sharing.It's encouraging to see members sharing more personal experiences on ATS.

I believe there could be something to the whole ME phenomena.I'm comfortable in my paradigm.They inspire me take another look at my beliefs about the interplay between the microcosm and macrocosm.I don't think of this in a binary sense of right or wrong, I've been learning a lot about myself and different possibilities while entertaining the idea.It has been a catalyst of sorts for other areas of contemplation.Like, this thread makes me want to learn more about the way google auto-suggest works...
edit on 18-7-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: spacing

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Using pop culture to define reality? Anyone see the irony?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

It was always Lynyrd Skynyrd, I'm a fan, the unique spelling made it easy to remember for me.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
wow i was at the same tribute I think.....but it was Rash...they did working gal & tom sawyer

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

lynyrdskynyrd.com

....their site

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Lynard Skynard sounds like Lie-Nard Sky-Nard. It's always been Lynyrd Skynyrd in my multiverse.

I do love their song Frey Burd.

edit on 18-7-2017 by icanteven because: Added a sentence

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ChrisM101
Jon Paul Jones said No

Robert Plante says you're wrong.

He likes his old friends to call him: Bob Bush.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ChrisM101

dp
edit on 19-7-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

what i can add however is that my mandela effects real or not also leave artifacts in the url/header..

This is called search engine optimisation - because the owner of the website knows some people will spell the name one way, and others will spell it another way, they add both spellings to the page to make sure they show up in Google for both spellings.

What you'll probably find is that the mis-spelling (i.e. what you think the band used to be called) is in the URL, with the correct (new ME spelling to you) showing on the page itself.

The snippet in Google being different to the snippet on the page is probably because they have set the meta description with the different spelling.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It has ALWAYS been Lynyrd Skynrd. The band's name is a play on their teacher's name, which was Leonard Skinner (I believe, could have been Skinnerd). This teacher had said the band would go nowhere, so they named themselves after him, and misspelled it, as a direct jab to him.

Mandela Effect is mostly people who refuse to believe that their memories are pretty much on par with a jar of excrement.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This mandella crap is getting damn old. My birth name is Stephen, when I was a kid I was called Stevie when school started I was called Steve, when I became an adult and had kids of my own I was called Stephen or Mr. L---s....Is this Mandella effect or just me maturing into the ripe old age I am now....Now it's just Sir.
edit on 19-7-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I too remember it as Skynyrd not Skynard is this was before the Mandela was released from prison.

Another recent case is the trailer for The last jedi. towards the end a voice can be heard saying "it's time for the Jedi to end" and everyone assumes it's Luke when it's actually Kylo who says it. People have associated the voice with the final scene with Luke, but when did the quote start? the first time you see Kylo.

Watch the trailer and notice how Lukes voice suddenly gets deeper.

That's Kylo speaking, not Luke, there's a perfect example of the Mandela effect right there.

edit on 19-7-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

You can see Luke's mouth moving when he says, '...to end.'

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join