It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Lynard Skynard Is Now Lynyrd Skynyrd

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yep - you read that right: Lynard Skynard is now Lynyrd Skynyrd.

So I just ran across this new Mandela Effect and thought I'd post it - however I can't upload any residue images as ATS is having issues at the moment and uploads aren't working very well (all the bbcode is for the same image).

Here's the only one I can get to upload atm.. It's from a popular classic rock station - note the url and heading are different than the body text:

Because uploads are hosed right now, you'll have to look up the residue yourself (if you want) - there's tons if you search on Google / YouTube for "Lynard Skynard".. Remember, these are fans uploading videos etc - it's not likely they'd misspell their one of their favorite bands' names. If you look at their logo now it looks totally strange as "Lynyrd Skynyrd".

At any rate - we just went to a tribute concert for Lynard Skynard and Rush about 3 months ago - I'm 100% positive it was Lynard Skynard. I asked my wife if we threw away the ticket stub and it looks like we did.. but it wouldn't matter anyway, as I'm sure it's changed.

There's not a whole lot to say on this one - I remember Lynard Skynard and I'm wondering if anyone else does?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Honestly, thats how I remember it, creepy...

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
dog-gamnit!

link   

I'm pretty sure it's just a typo.

link   
It is one of the most commonly misspelled band names. As a musician who has many, many musician friends, not one of them would agree with you.

I'm all for the ME discussions. I find it fascinating. But this is definitely NOT in my timeline.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Well I for one am relieved to know that it sounds the same both ways at least

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

i wish i was more of a fan i just cant remember.
what i can add however is that my mandela effects real or not also leave artifacts in the url/header..
often googke will preview a paragraph and it will have the old name but when you go to the page that exact paragraph has the new word..

it feels like one giant mind #..

almost like psy ops.

i hope its just bad memory, but i really feel like i got off on the wrong floor.

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Always been Lynyrd Skynyrd. I remember them from my late teens, early twenties.

Some examples of past album art:

Lynard Skynard was probably used to get around copyright infringement.
edit on 17-7-2017 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The OP is right, go to google search, and start typing Lynard Skynard, Google will start auto typing Lynyrd Skynard.....strange......

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I'm pretty sure it's just a typo.

Quite obviously. On that one page it's spelled both ways. The lengths people will go to for this Mandela Effect nonsense is astonishing.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Jesus H come on guys switch the brain on. Lynyrd Skynyrd have been around since the 70's well before the internet and Google etc etc. So find someone who had an album from back then. That's one of those black disks with 2 grooves on it that spins at 33.333 rpm using a diamond needle in the groove to pick up the sound.

Oh hang on I'll save you the trouble my Lynyrd Skynryd album from back then was spelt as I've state.

DUH!!!!

The worst thing is peoples memories which have been proven to be shyte time and time again.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym
a reply to: abago71

To give an example of how you're sure it's Lynyrd and I'm sure it's Lynard... (to wit; I'm a musician too, and just wen't to their tribute concert)...

There is a Mandela Effect where the "Effected" said the line in the movie Apollo 13 was "Houston we have a problem", but it'd changed to "Ahh Houston, we've had a problem." There's even websites for famous misquotes of movies and that's one of them.

When I heard it was an ME (and remembering "we have a problem"), I watched the clip from the movie - it said "we've had a problem" clear as day.

Then it switched back.

Now if you listen to the clip he says "we have a problem" again. The websites saying "we have a problem" as a misquote are wrong - and the ME video's are still there saying it had said "we've had".

I'm positive you and your friends (and others) label this as a common misspelling of a band name - just like there's websites saying the Apollo 13 movie is misquoted. Does that make sense?

Somehow reality is switching around or flip-flopping.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Always been Lynyrd Skynyrd in my timeline.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Good find. I theorized that as long you don't look up any of the things that could be attributed to the ME they stay the same for you. As soon you try to investigate it they suddenly change and slowly attempt to alter your memories. It's kinda creepy if you think about it.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The guys eventually settled on naming their band after the gym coach responsible for Gary Rossington quitting high school after being suspended for wearing his hair too long, Leonard Skinner. The spelling of the name was eventually changed to Lynard Skynard, before it became Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Source
Now, cue in Free Bird for the closing of the thread!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
In the best time line they would not even exist.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
My iPod I've nicknamed The Vault hasn't had an update in over a year as my OS was way behind. I have some 10,000 songs on there so I have been in no rush to update it at all.

Anyway, I have it entered as "Lynard Skynard" and I put that on back in 2000 or so?

It was probably a typo from the future percolating back to the past (retrocausality).

Thanks for pointing out my faux pas in this timeline!! Man, there needs to be a national registry of MEs!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I always recall it with the two 'y's.

Honestly, guys, the Manbela Effect isn't real.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Pretty sure your brains are just unreliable.

Human memory isn't perfect, that's why we have writing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join