It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skies over London - 17th July 2017

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Only just managed to get back to check in on this thread...

Thanks @waynos and @thepeacemaker for the insight...

Its always great to learn something and see other peoples pictures...

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Loque76
You are most welcome. I'm joined this site almost 7 years ago thinking I knew a lot about aviation I was soon put back into beginners class by some knowledgable people on this site. Never be afraid to ask what you may think is a ridiculous question

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: waynos

Bozeian, I'm currently looking at going to Duxford too, maybe see you there?

Mate if I can convince the missus to go I'm there! I'm supposed to be in Cheltenham on the 23rd of Sept but see what I can do. If I'm going I'll PM you and see if we can catch up. That would probably be a record for two furthest ATSer's to meet up. I do have one advantage though, my wife has a soft spot for Spitfires as she owned a flat on the site of the original factory when she lived there.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Wow i never thought this would happen but to correct, the armies lynx aircraft have skis the navy had wheels ( for deck manoeuvring) but have are now out of service replaced by the similar looking Leonardo Wildcat HMA.2 which this appears to be more likely candidate.

That said i might be wrong and retain my great respect for the great Zaphod ;P

Edit; actualy i got too excited and fired before id cocked lol probably the AH9 as another pointed out, but in all fairness very similar aircraft from that distance. see photo link for comparison ----> blackcats
edit on 24/7/17 by urbanfox because: updated

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeianAre you going to alconbury by any chance? I lived in hunts growing up, Id love to see some pics of the f5 gate guadian.

actually on that note look out for my post on Alconbury development coming right up

edit on 24/7/17 by urbanfox because: added

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think the last one is Airwolf because when I looked the theme tune popped into my head.
Oddly enough I have noticed for the past few weeks an odd copter going over my house at 17:30 everyday...It looks posh I will get a pic.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: urbanfox
No sorry, I will only be in the UK for about 15 days so not enough time what with site seeing and visiting friends and relatives. I WILL be going to the IWM in London though and my wife wants to visit where she owned a flat on the site of the old Supermarine factory.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

Mint

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

Not sure if you'll be here in time for this or not but RAF Scampton has a show as well in September.
Confirmed line up
Home page

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join