It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so freaking tired of you, home experts in politics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What the heck is wrong with you?

You've been discussing "politics" for years here, but what's the point? What do you really know? Actually, nothing, but watch how you are obsessed. Politics comes after economics, after all, but you take tweets as a real matter. You are so busy to bring another MSM story here and spam our forum with it, which is not actually designed for that stuff.
Take a look: not a single political thread has an actual value; you are discussing the topics that brought by TPTB via MSM. And at the same time you think that you are "different" and you "know".

The amount of energy you waste on the topics like Trump said this, Trump tweeted that, etc. is hilarious. You title each other as a "leftist", "libertard", etc. while Real Powers milk you. It's not that fun to discuss the obliteration of Libya or Yugoslavia, but it's cool to discuss Trump's dementia or Hillary's twitches, right?

Why we don't discuss real issues? Like, I don't know, what is going on with our planet, what is going on with people today, how world's economics really works, fiat currencies issues, slave labour issues, how to stay mentally healthy, how to reach out for the Mind, what are the Universal laws (if they exist), how to raise kids in the world of anti-family conspiracy, what can we do to resist the Agenda of the Machine, etc.

Or is it just a wrong place to discuss these issues?
Maybe it's just me, but I get NOTHING from today's level of ATS discussions except becoming a home expert in politics...
edit on 2017 by JedemDasSeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

Makes me wonder if those romans knew they were actively part of what was to become "bread and circuses" ?

link   

What Hillary twitches?

link   
Mr. Jefferson, Col. Washington, Mr. Adams, Mr. Franklin....thank you all for meeting me here today. I'd like to urge you to shut up. You gentleman know nothing about politics at all...

+4 more 
link   
It really is a worthless "knowledge" to posses.

Buckle up though, it isn't going anywhere. If not for my OCD I'd be gone, but I've been reading this forum(mostly pre signup) for years.

Used to actually learn stuff, and be challenged with things.

Now it's just like looking through a window at a daycare for ex-twitter trolls. Maybe someday I'll be able to just walk by and not stop and look.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Thank you for this thread. It lays out a lot of what I've been thinking since I've been on ATS but it got really bad this election cycle.

We are so divided and it's exactly what THEY want.

How will things positively progress while society devolves into a propaganda induced "my team is better than yours" mentality which causes one to worry about their pride instead of doing research and getting to the bottom of the situation on what is really wrong with our world.

I guarantee that "both sides" would be (poop)ing bricks if they put down the memes, do some real research, and realize that both teams play for the same side.

Until people realize that we are controlled by invisible people from behind the scenes who's only wish is to control us financially, physically, mentally and spiritually, we are doomed to continue this pointless cycle of circular logic.

People are too busy arguing to pull their head out their behind.

No one wants to admit they were wrong about almost everything for most their life.

It's that time now though folks...

Beam me up Scottie!
edit on 17-7-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It is worthless to take serious, it is flat out hilarious to find the humor in the world gone made!

Tis why I added this to my posts...

"People suffer only because they take seriously what the gods made for fun." Alan Watts

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Psychological warfare plain and simple. The descendants of Bernays know that people would sooner take a comfortable lie over an unpleasant truth, and we crave things that reaffirm our beliefs, or vilify our perceived enemies. The news and the propagandists merely take advantage of this.

People see their opinions reflected in "news" which is steadily becoming more and more opinion pieces, and deliberately skewing facts to incite anger/emotion, which appeals to the average idiot. Then they parrot what they saw, believing their misconception to be true because they say it from a source they consider authoritative. They dont bother to check if the info is correct because the emotional argument is more satisfying anyway. And now, the general populace does not even need cues from the news, we make up # ourselves and self-perpetuate it, and begin to believe we are experts because we can always find news that agrees with us.

So you see the infection has spread, from social media and news comments to ATS even, which I thought was better than that, turns out we're human too (take that David Icke!) But in the spirit of your post... how bout that net neutrality?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Uh, well I do agree there are enough threads on politics. Your comments about tweets, though is wrong....They are to be taken as "official White House statements" so if the POTUS decides to tweet, well its an official white house statement. Within these threads I have tried to make it a point to supply a link, whenever I felt it was important, to back up what I am saying.

It is not my fault that the U.S. is in turmoil over this presidency, and that a literally a moron, was voted into office. He and his team has been lying to us from the beginning about Russia, and constantly questioning and outwardly doubting our own Intel agencies, and calling all of this a witch hunt, which our Intel, has REPEATEDLY said it is not, but the president wants us to think differently....only his dwindling supporters believe him at this point in time.

edit on 17-7-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Can't help myself. This is like the 60's. It's a time of choosing sides. I hate every policy presented by conservatives and they hate every liberal policy. I'm ready for this states rights thingy to happen. You go red and I'll go blue. Forget all federal social programs and money. Republicans will continue to sabatoge and defund anyway.

I give up on the economy. Wall Street is doing great, so the economy for the rest of us does not matter now.
edit on 17-7-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Ummm...these are all very good questions...however...I don't have an answer as to why we are as we are...

I never join those discussions in any relevant way because I think it's all a waste of energy...nothing gets solved...no minds are changed...

I throw some wry humor at them hoping some of it sticks...beyond that I simply can't summon the requisite energy to really give a damn...

I agree that it's a monumental waste of time...just as it's designed to be...

YouSir

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
he is...constantly questioning and outwardly doubting our own Intel agencies,

I think it's statements like this (and the rest of your post) that make the OP's point. Here, on what is supposed to be a conspiracy driven site, you are advocating for the alphabet agencies truthfulness.
edit on 17-7-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I agree. 99% of what's posted here now is absolute garbage.
edit on 7/17/17 by 123143 because: GD PUNCTUATION!

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Uh, well I do agree there are enough threads on politics. Your comments about tweets, though is wrong....They are to be taken as "official White House statements" so if the POTUS decides to tweet, well its an official white house statement. Within these threads I have tried to make it a point to supply a link, whenever I felt it was important, to back up what I am saying.

It is not my fault that the U.S. is in turmoil over this presidency, and that a literally a moron, was voted into office. He and his team has been lying to us from the beginning about Russia, and constantly questioning and outwardly doubting our own Intel agencies, and calling all of this a witch hunt, which our Intel, has REPEATEDLY said it is not, but the president wants us to think differently....only his dwindling supporters believe him at this point in time.

Wow.....you totally present what the op is railing about.....turn off CNN and reread the op!

edit on 17-7-2017 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

I will not try to distinguish between the OP and your reply as to which is better. You caught me immediately with Edward Bernays. Our OP suggests resisting the agenda of the Machine. How can anyone really understand how that machine works, how it controls the populace without knowing about Ed Bernays and that whole world of psychological manipulation and the consciousness trap he is representative of.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

The only thing the agencies have done is point out the truth, which the POTUS clearly does not want us to know. I believe them over trump period. The only thing trump has is words, pretty sure the INTEL agencies have more than just words.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
why not start a thread with any one of those topics? have you tried and no one responded?

I don't think discussing possible collusion with a Russia a waste of time, tho. not even close.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikehawk

No one wants to admit they were wrong about almost everything for most their life.

Which in the case of most of us is, well, most of us.
I get a visual when thinking about this. I see a locomotive that cannot leave the rails upon which it has run for so long. And when those tracks run out in front of it the engineer runs a head trying to lay new rail and ties so the train can keep going in the same rut it has always been in.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
First of all I think you have to come to terms with what forums are. In the absence of a benevolent Sugar Daddy, forums are online money-makers for their owners. The one metric that means anything at all is not the subject matter, but the traffic. Nothing else really matters, including your opinion or what you have to say. You can be eloquent or stupid and both posts count the same. They enjoy a brief moment of fame before they sink below the fold and are quickly forgotten. In all the political posts prior to and after this last election, I would not be surprised if ZERO votes were changed as a result of reading what was posted here.

ATS seems to be on auto-pilot. There are serious issues here in terms of software functionality on the one hand, and moderation on the other. Both are uneven, but the point is that they are GOOD ENOUGH and as a result, they are unlikely to be fixed. The energy to do so does not seem to be there. As Adam Osborne once said, "Adequacy is sufficient." The original mission of ATS to deal with the really strange and conspirational aspects of our world seems to have been subverted in the name of traffic on any subject at all. So we have forums to discuss dogs and others to discuss cooking. It's an "anything goes" atmosphere and if politics is popular, well, that means more traffic which translates to more revenue. It draws more people than it pushes away. If you can make a thread on anything, you do.

But this is not just an ATS problem; it's a problem with forums in general. It's the nature of the beast. That's not to say that some forums are not useful. Subject-specific forums may actually be. If you have a problem with your Mini-Cooper, you may be able to get on a Mini-Cooper forum and find the answer to your problem from someone who actually is an expert in the field. ATS does not tend to cater to that sort of issue. It's more of an ill-informed opinion forum where actual facts are in short supply and rants are common. The forum reflects society in general. The Bottom Line here is that if you like it well enough, you stay. if you dislike it badly enough, you leave. Nobody cares because your opinion doesn't really matter.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

You don't get it. We do this for fun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join