It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Will Never Be Multi-Cultural or Integrate With Society (Example)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Muslims Will Never Be Multi-Cultural or Integrate With Society

Sigh ...

In other news:

One of first Muslim same-sex marriages takes place in UK
edit on 17-7-2017 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I don't get what the problem is! The Catholics get to have their own cemeteries with all the trimmings (statues, crosses, etc.) so why not the Islamic faith? By the way, that faith does not allow any artwork (statues) to depict human beings, which are present in Catholic cemeteries.

Human representation for the purpose of worship is considered idolatry and is duly forbidden in some interpretations of Islamic law, known as Sharia law. (from Wikipedia and my art history class)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Muslims Will Never Be Multi-Cultural

Do you always say such stupid things?

Muslims come from ....... wait for it.....

many different cultures.

Islam like many other religions is multi cultural.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
I am not racist by any means but when I start reading this:

www.cbc.ca...
Fate of Muslim cemetery project in Quebec town will be decided today

Mohamed Kesri, who is overseeing the cemetery project, says Quebec Muslims want a cemetery on land that belongs to them.

So what is wrong with being buried beside a dead caucasian, asian, latino, etc...in a MULTI-CULTURAL country like Canada. You say you are Canadian yet you distance yourself from society in the name of Allah?

Yeah, I get it you want a place to call home, a place to bury your "kind", a place to pray (at work or in Mosque), a place to live (amongst your own community)...yet you will NEVER want to assimilate. So the pattern is clear, you need your space but will never be TRUE patriotic Canadian.

Peace Out

This is common.. It's not a Muslim thing. Think Jewish Cemetery. Roman Catholic Cemeteries.. etc.. Plenty of them in Canada...

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I gave Senegal as a reference as well. The country has elected Christians as a 95 percent Muslim population.

Plenty of people think versions of their religion don't adhere to doctrine. Islam is no different.

I have pretty much read all of newaz has to offer. I also have been a listening to Sam Harris since he has had his pod cast.

But I don't think they are necessarily the end of the discussion. I think every time isis bombs another mosque of more moderate Muslims the door opens for the reformation.

edit on 17-7-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Nothing on the internet paints you better as an intolerant bigot than saying one of these disclaimers before the rest of your post.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Nothing on the internet paints you better as an intolerant bigot than saying one of these disclaimers before the rest of your post.

Wait a minute what about I am not racist I have black friends. (Or insert any social group and bias combo)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

All good examples of how bigots/racists like to out themselves on the internet.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am not lactose intolerant I just have intense diarrhia and my throat closes up when I eat it.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

To clarify I meant all three Abrahamic religions (Christianity,Islam and Judaism) have duality separation doctrines within them. Counter to Hinduism, Buddhism and Sikhism that have non duality as a common theme (the oneness).

Rumi is a Sufi Poet that is very non dualistic.

Only Breath

Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu
Buddhist, sufi, or zen. Not any religion

or cultural system. I am not from the East
or the West, not out of the ocean or up

from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not
composed of elements at all. I do not exist,

am not an entity in this world or in the next,
did not descend from Adam and Eve or any

origin story. My place is placeless, a trace
of the traceless. Neither body or soul.

I belong to the beloved, have seen the two
worlds as one and that one call to and know,

first, last, outer, inner, only that
breath breathing human being.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

If I recall correctly, they also have different burial practices, that can place the surrounding community at risk, and contaminate groundwater, etc.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Muslims Will Never Be Multi-Cultural

Do you always say such stupid things?

Muslims come from ....... wait for it.....

many different cultures.

Islam like many other religions is multi cultural.

yes indeed... They 'come from' Sunni Cultures

And from some fewer...Shia Cultures

There are also the less known Sect of Shia-Muslims found in the 'Alawite' communities & Culture
& the even more mystic Sufi Cultures ...

so Muslims are spread all over the face of-the-Earth...
But Do They Get Along peacefully with other Civil Societies & Cultures...?...

read the NEWS, then make a reasoned decision

Alawites
The Alawites, also known as Alawis, are a religious group, centred in Syria, who follow a very highly contested and controversial branch of the Twelver school of Shia Islam but with syncretistic elements.
Alawites revere Ali (Ali ibn Abi Talib), and the name "Alawi" means followers of Ali (they are generally considered Ghulat).

edit on th31150032550717052017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
For all those screaming about "bigotry", here are some facts for you:

In arguments cemetery developers and activists decry as thinly veiled bigotry, neighbors say they fear burial practices could contaminate groundwater because Muslims traditionally do not embalm bodies and bury their dead without coffins.

source

There are more details here, showing the lack of a coffin or embalming.

Groundwater contamination is a very real risk, and the biggest reason I have heard for protests against such burial grounds.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The Baron de Hirsch Cemetery, also known as the Baron de Hirsch Affiliated Cemeteries, Baron de Hirsch United Cemeteries and Baron de Hirsch Memorial Park, is a Jewish cemetery located on the north side of De la Savane Street, between Mountain Sights Avenue and Kindersley Avenue in the Côte-des-Neiges neighborhood of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Beth Israel Cemetery is a 1-acre (0.40 ha) Jewish cemetery in the borough of Sainte-Foy–Sillery–Cap-Rouge, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada.

Jewish Cemetery in Ste. Sophie

Kehal Israel Memorial Park
4189 Sources Rd. DDO, QC, H9B 2A6

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hysterical "news" for people amusingly unaware(but of of course they are) that Christians, Jews, and even Muslims do have separate cemeteries.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle
Thanks. I was wondering what that meant.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
All I'm gonna say is that the goal of Islam is even worse than the Borg.

Their agenda is simple;

There is no God but Allah and he has one chosen prophet, Mohammed. Anyone who disagrees is an infidel and Allah will rejoice upon their death.

Therefore Islam wants to take over and it wants to be the only way of life and religion in society.

The stupid part is that multiculturalism buries this simple truth because multiculturalism self destructs if it doesn't pretend every school of thought is equal.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Closed.... for staff review....

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW
edit on Tue Jul 18 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join