It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Romero dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The maker of the greatest horror movie ever, Night of the Living Dead, has died.

George Romero dies

RIP

But I'd like to think he'll come back as a zombie.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Sad news but I hope they send him out in some kind of style. I was reminded of a quote regarding Bela Lugosi who often played Dracula in the black and white vampire movies years ago.

"A quote from Peter Lorre, as told by Vincent Price in his autobiography. Lorre commented to Price as they were viewing Bela's body, "Should we drive a stake through his heart, just in case?""

Thank you for the chills and thrills and screams. R.I.P. Mr. Romero, and please, don't "come back"...

edit on 16/7/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Lame.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Ugh... One of the most underrated civil rights directors ever.

And a damn fine brain.

Mmm... brains...

He'll be missed.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
He left behind a fine legacy to be remembered by.
I remember watching a George A. Romero film fest on tv when I was younger, and seeing all his old work in its black and white glory.
Lol. It scared me half to death at that age, but I have been a big fan of anything zombie ever since.
He won't be forgotten anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hack with one good independent film who went on to make a bunch of mediocre films in which he tried to make political statements straight out of the communist manifesto.

Dont get me wrong. Deep down he was a solid guy. However, he was ignorant in terms of reality due to IMO too much habitual use of narcotics as a leisure activity. Most likely a Bernie sanders supporter if not Hillary. George was a red coat commie through and through.

NOTLD is a great film however. Dawn is OK if you like drugs and Day is a solid action film. Personally I believe creepshow to be his best work even though NOTLD was a game changer.

Romero has not made a decent film in 30 years so it is no great loss as far as an artist. He could not even get a film financed.

No big loss IMO. 77 is pretty good for a guy like george. He was pretty bitter and negative. I would have liked to see him make one more good film but he lost his mojo a long time ago. He will be remembered for NOTLD forever. I would not say he is a great director but he did have an impact with that one film (NOTLD).

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

You are a sad person.

Good luck, I mean it.

The films Romero made were a big part of my childhood and early adult life, I couldn't imagine growing up without the line "They're coming to get you Barbara" bouncing around my head.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Worst news I've woken up to in a long time. He was working on a new movie called Road of the Dead that was billed as Night of the Living Dead meets Mad Max with some Fast and the Furious thrown in for good measure. I was still hoping he would eventually make Twilight if the Dead too. Goodbye George, your zombies will always be the best zombies in my
Book.

new topics

top topics

join