It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London underground tube staff aren't allowed to say 'Ladies and Gentleman' anymore

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
Can't wait for Sol to go supernova.

Clearly it's the only way to end all the bulls#it we have going on in the world today.

Be careful for what you wish for you just might get it!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You guessed it... that dumbass community of LGBT people have complained and their complaint has been upheld, now tube drivers can't say ''ladies and gentlemen we have a delay' or 'ladies and gentlemen we are being held here because of an incident up ahead... etc'

This is getting ridiculous if it wasn't already.

Why did these people form this community?

What we are seeing is actually an attack on "science."

Scientists, calling themselves biologists, "claim" to be able to distinguish between male and female.

Archaeologists look at the fossil record, examine some bones of animals and people, from thousands of years ago, and "claim" to be able to tell whether they were masculine or feminine, and hence "deduce" what roles they must have played in the society etc...Anthropologists do the same etc..

The problem is that science is a difficult subject, and most people find it hard to learn the math, physics, chemistry, and logic required to "reason" and "understand" these things.

So, these people, who find science "tough", see the "scientists" as no better than "priests" of a "religion", attempting to "impose" a "bigoted" view on the masses, to control the people.

Notice that it's the very same people who oppose religions, that are now opposing scientists.

They want the Church, to say that homosexuality is not a sin, but rather a blessing that everyone should be proud of. They want the scientists, to deny that there's any objective way to tell the difference between a male and a female.

To the Church, they say the scriptures deceive us. To the Science, they say our "objective observations" are in error.

In other words, nobody has any more right to tell me what is "truth", than I myself, who am the only person that can "define truth."

That is the underlying "doctrine" of these new "modernists."

Do not try to put me into a "pigeonhole", for I am not this and not that, I am unique.

you rail against science yet use an egyptian name and egyptian avatar, at the time they believed hippos could have lions heads etc.
irony

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

look dude, i'm as binarist as you are - hell, probably a lot more so, i had to FIGHT long and hard to be recognised as the woman i am and it's a very very important part of my personal identity.
so like... it wasn't me
i don't know what to offer there

what i CAN tell you is that when i'm standing on the platform and the announcer goes
"uhh good afternoon passengers, the 8:05 has been delayed due to cows on the line"
i don't feel like anything precious has been ripped from me
i don't feel disenfranchised
i just feel slightly annoyed that i'll be home late.
if there are passengers who feel a little more accepted, then that's a very very slight positive and nothing else.

seems to me like anyone getting angry about that is the one who is perpetually outraged.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Fair enough, but in that case I simply do not see what the change in the first place.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

i mean really though,do you have to? clearly someone did.
someone felt uncomfortable enough to speak up to make a change.
none of the rest of us are inconvenienced by this.
isn't that enough?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

And I'm speaking up as being uncomfortable that they felt so desperately needed to change it. This is a two-way street and the onus is on that other party to prove that it is a worthy change and frankly I don't see their case has merit other than making the world just that much more bland.

I'm getting pretty sick of this political correctness and this little homo is becoming more and more conservative because of it. Ask yourself when we become conservative and push back against the nonsense, just how far from the flock have these fools actually strayed...

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It's political correctness gorn mad, guv.

But it is though, isn't it? Its the constant fear of offending people that drives this PC nonsense, like Councils not referring to Christmas for fear of "offending" other religions. Has anyone really been that offended by a Christmas card, for instance?

Its making softies of all of us.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler

you rail against science yet use an egyptian name and egyptian avatar, at the time they believed hippos could have lions heads etc.
irony

The Egyptian sphinx, a composite animal constructed from 4 different animals, was just a metaphor for the 4 different nucleotide molecules that make up the DNA for all life.

The Egyptians used familiar visible things to "indicate" unfamiliar hidden things, and all these humans with animal heads, and multi-composite animal bodies, were all metaphors for "attributes" and "characteristics" that were invisible to the eye.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

i don't know about numbers, i doubt there's been any research or if there are any statistics on it...
but i can tell you anecdotally, from my personal involvement in the trans community, that these days there are probably more nonbinary trans people than binary ones.
i'm not personally completely conversant on how it works, especially how dysphoria effects them - as i mentioned before, i'm definitely a girl, and my entire experience of dysphoria has been about first my body, and then other people's perceptions of my body not reflecting that - what i do know is that i share a house with two lovely nonbinary people, and i might not share their pain but i know that it's real. i trust that they're being honest with me when they talk about this and i honestly can't think of any reason for anyone to lie about something like that.

my issue with your rebuttal that non-trans people [also known as cis people, if you want an easier term] feel that trans people are making a fuss over nothing is that for the most part it's about things that just aren't important to cis people in the same way. like here in this case we have a group of people who've said
"hey, the way this thing is done is causing me pain, can we change it"
it wasn't causing pain to cis people before, it's not now.... it might feel like a little thing to you but if it causes someone pain then why not change it? really, why not?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

You've hit the nail on the head, I think. This is the sort of thing that created Milo Yiannopoulos and Gavin McInnes and every other like him and the reason they have such a large support. It's not natural for us all to be polite and mind out manners and tongues and the harder they try to make us behave, the more we're going to be offensive. Being offensive is fun and when I'm conversing with people candidly and with humor I feel at home because I know where I stand with them and at what level things are in the relationship. It relaxes me to not have to constantly keep minding myself lest I offend something with weak character so in the end I just find it easier to offend them on purpose as sport because they so desperately deserve it.

XL5

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen if a small group were to call the fee's for riding "outdated" and offensive for those who don't have the money to pay.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Because some have a lot of hate in their hearts for anyone different. They don't want to admit it openly, but it's there. They want desperately to go back in time to an era when those who are different are hidden so they don't have to see them or know they exist. They are frustrated because the marginalized part of society are getting tired of it and are speaking out.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
a reply to: sapien82it might feel like a little thing to you but if it causes someone pain then why not change it? really, why not?

Did they stop to think it might cause pain to change it? Please don't ask whether that is valid because you haven't yet asked that of the 'changers' so let's just assume that if all things being equal, why was it not considered that to change it may have cause the same pain, or perhaps more?

Because they don't care about anything but themselves. Put simply, they're selfish and believe the world revolves around them.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Can you elaborate on how the ancient egyptians knew of the existence of DNA and adenine, thymine , gaunine and cytosine , as the double helix wasnt discovered until watson and crick, and the egytpians recorded everything they knew but yet they never had molecular microscopes.

I think that many try to suggest that the egyptians and other ancients had advanced technology , but what they really had was a more advanced spirituality and they were metaphors for their understanding of life but not in the scientific way we would like to imagine.

They knew of the pineal gland because they felt it in their heads when they went through spiritual experiences , they used the metaphor of the coiled cobra , because when they entered into a different conscious state they felt the sharp bite of what they felt was a snake behind the forehead.
According to the mystery schools of Egypt.

Unless of course this information was held in the great library of Alexandria and was lost in the destruction or stolen and hidden in the holy city
edit on 17-7-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: AMPTAH

Can you elaborate on how the ancient egyptians knew of the existence of DNA and adenine, thymine , gaunine and cytosine , as the double helix wasnt discovered until watson and crick, and the egytpians recorded everything they knew but yet they never had molecular microscopes.

My view is that they knew the same way we know. The only piece of information missing, to understand "how", is the fact that "time is a cycle."

I think that many try to suggest that the egyptians and other ancients had advanced technology , but what they really had was a more advanced spirituality and they were metaphors for their understanding of life but not in the scientific way we would like to imagine.

Well, there are occultists who claim to be able to "see atoms" with their "spiritual eyes", just like some claim to see the "human auras" and "spirits" etc..e.g:

Besant, Annie; Leadbeater, Charles. (1919 edition). Occult Chemistry: Clairvoyant Observations On the Chemical Elements. Theosophical Publishing House.

But, personally, I subscribe to the "time cycle" view: Man rises up, gets advance knowledge, then goes into decline, and falls back into a state of ignorance and darkness. At some point, while he is falling down, a few leaders with advanced knowledge begin to create "monuments" to record the fact that we knew these advanced things at one time, so we could recall this information when we started the journey on our way back up. Which is where we are today.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Wish the MSM would at least highlight topics like this.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Because some have a lot of hate in their hearts for anyone different.

These things are rapidly becoming irrelevant. Since, people, more and more, are interacting with their computers and personal computing mobile devices, and, less and less, interacting directly with other people.

So, very soon, nobody will talk to anybody else, since all will be communicating through digital channels, with no way to know who is actually on the other side of the conversation, and what that person really thinks. It could be just a computer program responding to each individual's comments, an artificial intelligence, and no one would be any the wiser.

Hence, all that any person can be sure of, is what is in their own mind. Someone may "think", that the person on the other end of the conversation "hates" them, but that "person" might just be a computer program, so all the person really "experiences" is what they themselves think and believe.

Hence, in reality, nobody is oppressing anybody else, all are "imagining" things on their own.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Im of the position that anything that causes needless suffering should be ended
and if people are genuinely suffering and its easy to resolve then do it end of.
Change upsets humans who are habitual in nature but for those that accept the fact that the universe changes continuously and also works in a cyclical nature its nothing but water from a ducks back

When you said that your non binary friends feel pain, how does the world having gender designation cause them pain if they are non binary. You mean pain from mental stress as not being recognised as non binary by society ?
Do they feel pain because their feelings are hurt ?
Somehow acceptance from people who they dont know will somehow absolve them of their pain , Why does it matter so much to them to be accepted by people they have no relation to in their personal day to day lives.
It seems to me that alot of the pain and hurt feelings people suffer in the world is the result of a damaged ego
Im not trying to offend im just trying to understand .

thanks

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

why should things change? change is the nature of the universe.
without change, you'd be sitting in a tree flinging excrement
instead of doing it over the internet.

why is it up to you to dictate exactly how much change is acceptable?

i'm not saying you can't complain. clearly you can and do and we're subjected to hundreds of identical absolutely interminable threads on the subject.
what i'm trying to get at is WHY you're complaining.
a small change has been made and now some people feel more accepted in public.
maybe it's a large number of people, maybe small - i find that totally immaterial.
the point is now some people feel more included.
nobody has been alienated, public language has just been expanded slightly to be ever so slightly more considerate.
what's so bad about that?

i get it, change is scary.

The point is: What was wrong with the way it was?

Did anyone complain before this LGBT AGENDA came along? Where were they before? What's changed in the last 50 years for them to ask for these amendments now? They were on the platform or trains before weren't they? Did they go home and cry about it? I doubt that very much. What i find odd is that this community of people are complaining about miniscule things when there's no need.

I bet you many people in the World didn't care what they did or what they said (before they started their movement/agenda). I know i wasn't bothered what they did. I never heard about it and never wanted to hear about it. I wasn't bothered about it and I'm sure most of the World weren't bothered about it but now this community are in the headlines almost every day complaining about something, it's just got on everyones nerves. If they had just kept quiet, there wouldn't be people like me complaining about this community of biatches!

It's as if they want all the attention in the World and if they don't get it, they act like children having a tantrum.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: _R4t_

Lol man I need to remember the /sarcasm after my humorous posts!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join