It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London underground tube staff aren't allowed to say 'Ladies and Gentleman' anymore

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Yes, you read that right.

You wanna know why?

You guessed it... that dumbass community of LGBT people have complained and their complaint has been upheld, now tube drivers can't say ''ladies and gentlemen we have a delay' or 'ladies and gentlemen we are being held here because of an incident up ahead... etc'

This is getting ridiculous if it wasn't already.

Why did these people form this community? There were hardly any problems before this community came along and started whining about everything they could. Why don't they just go someplace else where they can live in their community? That's why they created it right? So they can all live together?? That's what a community is. Why do they want the rest of us to listen to them or play by their rules?

They created a commuunity so go live in it and leave the rest of us alone and leave our children alone too, stop pushing your agendas onto them and stop grooming them to be like you.

Read the full story here:

www.dailywire.com...

And here's a snippet:

According to The Independent, Transport for London drivers will now be banned from using the apparently offensive phrase "ladies and gentlemen" in exchange for more inclusive, gender-neutral words, like "everyone" and "all." The ban comes after LGBT activists spoke out, claiming the common phrase "belonged to yesterday" and was "outdated." Even pre-recorded announcements with the phrase, and written guidelines, will be amended, notes The Independent.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
That is do messed up!
What is the world coming to??????
This is exactly what causes people to get fed up with their cause.
I don't care if you are straight/ gay/trans gender tv etc just don't force your opinions on me and I won't force mine on you.
edit on 16-7-2017 by SoEpic because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

How could it be offensive to have a blanket statement, "Ladies and Gentlemen" would include any of the transgender's as well right?

Or is there some kind of new genderless minority that is being oppressed by such an offensive greeting!

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Soon "They" will simply address us as "Sheeple", because in this PC crazy world, that's exactly what most of us are.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

This must be the work of the Trans-species, finally their voice is being heard.

I mean you guys this is 2017, we need to stop oppressing people and what their brains tell them that they are, the more I think about this, the more upset I am that we ever used the expression Ladies and Gentleman in the first place.

Hopefully they will begin teaching children that they can be any species they want, we do not want to bigots now do we!?

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm sure this was the most pressing issue plaguing London in 2017, right Mr Khan?

You know the communists did something very similar when it came to gender neutrality. Everyone was to be called Comrade, regardless of social status or sex. If the crazies go all the way with this I hope they use comrade too, it's a cool word.

I don't get how ladies and gentlemen is offensive in any way to anybody.

Oh well. First world issues I guess.

Personally I'm more offended by the Underground's overcrowding and the general hell-like experience it is to ride the tube.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
And they wonder why people develop prejudices against them.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Ah, who cares... maybe they're right... ladies and gentlemen is a bit old fashioned...

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
"Ladies, gentlemen and avocados " to quote my husband.

But I don't want to be an avocado. I feel more like a BLT today.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

whats ridiculous is getting upset over what is or isnt said on the underground.
my local underground has never used ladies and gentlemen, then again i wasn't around in the 1850s on the set of a hollywood production of what they think london is like.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle
Ah, who cares... maybe they're right... ladies and gentlemen is a bit old fashioned...

Don't be stupid.

This community are just asking for trouble. Go away and be done with it.Seriously, I'm not surprised the Ukrainian leader is telling them to go to Canadam I'd do the same thing I think.
edit on CDTSun, 16 Jul 2017 16:17:40 -05000000003104x140x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

How could it be offensive to have a blanket statement, "Ladies and Gentlemen" would include any of the transgender's as well right?

Or is there some kind of new genderless minority that is being oppressed by such an offensive greeting!

Exactly. Trans people are either a Gent or a Lady right? gays and lesbians are still one or the other.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Soon "They" will simply address us as "Sheeple", because in this PC crazy world, that's exactly what most of us are.

I'm thinking of a more suitable word but don't want to risk getting banned.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler

whats ridiculous is getting upset over what is or isnt said on the underground.
my local underground has never used ladies and gentlemen, then again i wasn't around in the 1850s on the set of a hollywood production of what they think london is like.

Because it's stupid. You wouldn't even be bothered about what was said before but now it's been bought up and is in the news. Who cared what was said before? I know I didn't pay any attention to whether 'Ladies & Gentlemen' was said all I cared about was why my train was delayed. Why were this community of people listening so intently to what was said?
edit on CDTSun, 16 Jul 2017 16:21:21 -05000000003104x121x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: growler

originally posted by: 0racle

I agree. Ladies and gentlemen are Victorian terms used to distinguish the 'important' people from those that were not considered ladies and gentlemen.

I think using 'everyone' is more friendly, and it will also include my dog who always feels left out by the announcements.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Wow, instead of treating the mentally disturbed, we are pandering and altering our society to reflect their illness.... The lunatics are truly running the asylum now....

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
hairless apes is a more fitting description of humans.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Everyone. Definitely more inclusive and non-threatening.

I'd also dare say that anyone who self identifies as a Lady or Gentleman nowadays probably wouldn't be seen dead on the tube and have taken care of their own travelling arrangements, chauffeur included.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I'm going to sue.

I self-identify as a gentleman.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Well, some people might "identify" as neutrois, a hippopotamus, or perhaps a lamp, and how bigoted would it be if we did not completely alter our perception of gender, which is rooted in biology, and police our language in light of such feelings?

This has to be a satire. Sure it's not fake news? I mean Dailywire is a conservative opinion site. And it linked to Independent which is probably tabloid. I always am wary of the addresses that end in "co.uk".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join