It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now cleaning poop off sidewalks called racially insensitive.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Then all the workers this wingnut puts OUT of work can claim "benefits" from Uncle Suga and We can all share in the stench. I would type "Let's Vote "Them" OUT" but people are far too busy w/their cell-phones and hunting for 'Likes'.. I went up to Lowes™ and had to dodge 3 drivers w/their heads up their arse, then got My Achilles clipped by a lady pushing a cart in Lowes looking at Her phone..

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Guaranteed this dolt is a left leaning politician. Only the left could come up with this sensibility!

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Perhaps Mr. Gossett will volunteer to do the job himself and do it in a non-threatening manner. Maybe buckets and a scrub brush would work better and he can apply them personally since he doesn't like the methods chosen by the city. Or perhaps the local Health Department could explain to him how this is a health issue rather than a racial issue.

What trauma he must suffer when observing the fire department attempting to put out fires!

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You know what? I'm fine with this.

Let them do it, and let Seattle live in squalor. Federalise and disband their police force too.

Then we play the waiting game...

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
So now we have to turn our streets into the sewage filled cesspits of Africa.

Between insulting the residents of an entire continent, misrepresenting the story and using a bad source it seems, I'm not sure which is worse to be honest.

The original story unfiltered.

While no official action was taken, the county’s administrative officer, Caroline Whalen, and the facilities manager assured committee members that a stepped-up schedule of power washing and garbage cleanup would begin immediately.

Now if you want to criticize the one nut who said that,...

Councilmember Larry Gossett said he didn’t like the idea of power-washing the sidewalks because it brought back images of the use of hoses against civil-rights activists

...every city council has at least one.

Sensationalizing or exaggerating a story is something that should be left up to the myriad of crappy, scorn worthy sites claiming to be news. It does not go over well when looked at by people with even modest critical thinking skills.
edit on 7/16/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

in Seattle

That kinda explains everything, now doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

because it could be racially insensitive.

That's the spin that WND put on it. Nothing like that in the Seattle Times story.

Some committee members expressed concern about addressing the symptoms of the area’s problems without getting to the cause. Councilmember Larry Gossett said he didn’t like the idea of power-washing the sidewalks because it brought back images of the use of hoses against civil-rights activists

The cause is homeless people living in that area around the courthouse.
Larry Gossett is only one councilman, not a majority of the city council.

While no official action was taken, the county’s administrative officer, Caroline Whalen, and the facilities manager assured committee members that a stepped-up schedule of power washing and garbage cleanup would begin immediately.
Judges complain it’s unsafe, unsanitary outside King County Courthouse in Seattle

Seattle Times did not make the spin. WND made the spin. Maybe WND should explain why they made the spin.

edit on 16-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
He just went full-retard.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I agree with what you said, but at the same time, isn't it bad enough that we have one elected official pontificating about how simply power-washing sidewalks is so reminiscent of using firehoses on Civil Rights activists that he would prefer they leave the sidewalks nasty?

That takes some serious problems with ones critical thinking skills and also says a lot about his constituency and you could look at them in several different ways too.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Holy crap. Would anyone else even have that thought? I hope not.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

isn't it bad enough that we have one elected official pontificating about how

And somehow "not liking the idea of" equates to pontificating?
"To act like a pontiff; to express one’s position or opinions dogmatically and pompously as if they were absolutely correct."

"Not liking the idea of" doesn't even translate into a no vote necessarily.

If you don't live in King County, Washington then he's not your concern.

edit on 17-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I don't know that has anything to do with anybody but the councilmember, he obviously has some kind of issue.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I bet this councilmember also pushes for a law that prohibits the use of ropes to lift window-washers.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
And in other news: "Breathing now offensive to dead people."

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Probably not the best guy to go to the track with. I imagine a jockey's horse whip would send him into another dimension.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Larry Gossett is only one councilman, not a majority of the city council.

Only takes one freakin person to eff up the world....

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

The mentality is concerning no matter where you are from.

That is so politically correct that it abrogates common sense.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Lucky this wasn't offensive to the LBGT community otherwise # may have really hit the fan.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

how far back are we going here now

shall we not use sanitation at all because the romans enslaved millions ?

Im still picking up my dog poop I dont want to get fined

and also are firefighters now not to fight fires because the water hoses remind people of civil rights riots ?!?!?!?
edit on 17-7-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Lucky this wasn't offensive to the LBGT community otherwise # may have really hit the fan.

which we wouldnt be able to clean with hoses

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join