It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Trump have Dementia?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Trump; Does he have Dementia?

So this has came up in a few threads regarding Trump however I do not think that this has been given the attention it deserves. There is growing speculation that Trump might actually be in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease and that this may be what is contributing to his at times bizarre behaviour. In this thread I intend to explore this possibility further. I am very much aware that Trump is a polarising character and that there are some who love trump and some who despise him, whatever your views I would ask you to actually look at the evidence presented and think about this before responding.

For me, what got me first thinking about the possibility of Trump having dementia was during his campaign when he appeared to just make up a terrorist attack in Sweden. At the time it was just dismissed by the media as “Donald being Donald”, it was just another in a long line of gaffs that all Presidential candidates make, like when Bush said we all “missunderestimated”. Yet I thought what if it was more, when he said it, it was like he actually believed there had been a terrorist attack in Sweden. Got me thinking, could he actually be cognitively impaired. I work with people with dementia and its a common thing in the early stages, they say things that just don't quite sound right or ring true, often families might say that its “dad being dad”.

Background

First of all I think it would be interesting to take moment to look at the risk factors of Trump developing Alzheimer’s disease before getting to far into this. When we look at this we can see that Trump would be classified as a individual who is at high risk of having the disease. If we just look at the raw facts its already clear that Trump is at high risk of developing Alzheimers disease. Currently 1 in 10 people over the age of 65 in America have dementia (link), this risk increases exponentially with age, every 5 years a individuals odds of developing dementia after that age doubles (Link). So Trump is in the right age group to get the disease and I think its also worth remembering that his father Fred Trump had the disease. At this point its probably worth mentioning that Alzheimers is not thought to be hereditary but a family history of the disease can increase risk factor.

An other thing worth mentioning is the information we already have regarding Trumps health, which is not very much. Other than a very short letter from his doctor that was only four paragraphs long there is little to go by. What we do know is that Trump takes a statin used to lower cholesterol, high cholesterol has been linked to Alzheimers which again may make Trump more susceptible to the disease (Link).

iIs probably important to mention at this point, just because everyone over the age of 65 is at risk of developing dementia does not mean that anyone over that age or that has a family history of the disease should not be president. Actually far from it, by pointing this out I am only wanting to highlight that Trump is with in the at risk group before looking at the evidence that suggests he might actually really have dementia.

The Evidence.

Now the only conclusive evidence of Trump having dementia could come from a official diagnosis made by a qualified medical practitioner. So with that said what follows is evidence that has been noticed by many though looking at his current behaviours. It is interesting to note that there is president for this, writing a few years ago Reagan’s son Ron wrote that three years into his fathers time in office he could see his cognitive decline as early as 1984, citing changes in his speech (Link). It is those same changes in speech patters than also suggest that Trump may also be suffering the same way Reagan was.

This has been explored in a blogpost by “the neurocritic” who has studied Trumps speech patterns and made some very interesting observations. Firstly it is noted that when looking at linguistic contributing factors to demential there are four main categories that are assessed. They are:

• Semantic impairment – using overly simple words
• Information impairment – not clearly identifying the main aspects of a picture they were told to describe
• Acoustic impairment – e.g., speaking more slowly
• Syntactic impairment  – using less complex grammar

Researchers have now taken this information and used it to compare both Reagan and George
Bush snr and they have made some very interesting observations. In almost all aspects of spontaneous speech significant differences were noted between the two men. Not only that but it was also found that with time Reagan’s speech got worse with time and Bush’s remained consistent.

Now if we take a moment to compare Trumps speech patters of 20 years ago to his recent speeches there is a noticeable decline in all aspects of linguistic ability.

His rhetoric is the same but his delivery is totally different if you compare to this video.

look at what he says in this short clip, look at how often he uses the word "thing" or variants thereof, look how simplistic his language has become and look at how he struggles to explain the concept of uranium. Now you could argue that this has been cherry picked, however this really quite typical of Trumps spontaneous speech patters. He usually uses words repeatedly, words like "win", "things", "unbelievable", "people" and so on, its simplistic and it shows a decline in his linguistic abilities when compared to twenty years ago.

Yet his use of language is just one factor that is suggestive of a progressive cognitive decline there are other behaviours that seem to be concerning. When looked at in insolation these behaviours may just seem like transient moments of confusion but when looked at collectively then they make up a much more worrying pattern.

I am sure by now everyone has seen this video of Trump being confused at times.

What is worrying is that this is just over Trumps first six months in office, this is not some video of him over period of years. In his first few months Donald Trump has shown several times that he is having transient confusion. And this is just what is seen in public, what is going on in private could be much worse.

There are other things as well that could suggest some form of cognitive impairment, for example his late night twitters storms at 4 am making all kinds of odd accusations. His inhibitions at times seem to escape him such as when he was a making fun of a disabled reporter. This are all behaviours that I do not think that the Donald Trump of 20 years ago would exhibit. Now yes we could just say that this is just Donald being Donald but I think we would be remised to acknowledge that this could be be something more.

edit on 16-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Final Thoughts.

Does Trump have Alzheimer’s? The question at the heart of this thread, honestly I don't know, what I do think is that its entirely possible and might be one reason for his behaviours. As I said previously until such a time as a official diagnosis is presented we will really have no way of knowing. What we can say for certainty is that Trump would be categorised as being “at risk” of developing dementia of some form, we also can say that his linguistic abilities have declined and we can also say that he has in the last 6 months demonstrated some worrying sings of confusion.

Alzheimer’s disease is progressive so what we can also say with a degree of certainty is that if these possible symptoms get worse over the next few years a diagnosis of Alzheimers may become more certain. If that does happen then there is a possibility of a 25th Amendment intervention however I do not think that will happen unless the symptoms become much more noticeable.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

There is growing speculation that Trump might actually be in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease and that this may be what is contributing to his at times bizarre behaviour.

Trump has huge pride, greed and ambition.

He has to pretend he doesn't though because everyone thinks too much of that is wrong.

So he pretends to not be greedy, ambitious and vain, but it slips now and then...

Gotta keep up appearances. Those cracks in the facade appear to us to be ailments, and they are...

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Dementia is an umbrella term for a set of symptoms including impaired thinking and memory. It is a term that is often associated with the cognitive decline of aging. However, issues other than Alzheimer’s can cause dementia. Other common causes of dementia are Huntington’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.

While both diseases are similar and many think they are the same they are not.

Does Trump have Alzheimer's? well it is said that Reagan had the beginning of the this devastating diseases while he was still in the White House, but nobody knew only his personal doctor.

If Trump have it nobody will know but his personal doctor.

Do I believe he have it? I don't think so.

www.alzheimers.net...

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Dude I know what dementia is as I have said in the OP I work with people with dementia, I have been more more courses on it than I care to count.

I deliberately used the word "Dementia" in the title because I don't think anyone can be specific about what type he may have and also because I think more people can identify with Dementia than with Alzheimer's

I also point out that we will never know for sure unless he has a official diagnosis

Also did you read the OP because I go into all of the Reagan stuff.
edit on 16-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
August Eclipse.

Big revelation coming soon.

Move your assets into silver.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I think he's at an age where a number of medical ailments could manifest themselves, I see what you are getting at in the vids as well as Gemwolfs thread the other week pointing out some peculiarities in his 'being 100% switched-on'.

Anyway, it's worth monitoring - if he starts fantasizing like Mad Max and Pelostit I'd be insisting he see a head-doctor pronto, otherwise he might build the wall in the wrong spot or something even more embarrassing and sad.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I have a close family member with dementia and except for her annoyingly failing memory she speaks just fine. She uses "big" words and all.

Good luck with your theory.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Anyway, it's worth monitoring - if he starts fantasizing like Mad Max and Pelostit I'd be insisting he see a head-doctor pronto, otherwise he might build the wall in the wrong spot or something even more embarrassing and sad.

Like crapping in his pants in front of the white house? I am sure many will love to see that one.

The OP is and opinion piece and as an opinion piece it can only be debated as what if.

edit on 16-7-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

His comment about the terrorist attack actually turned out to be true.

As for mental health issues check Clinton, Pelosi (who cant seem to understand Bush has not been president for more than 9 years) or Maxine Waters, who thinks Russia invaded N. Korea.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
As soon as a person becomes POTUS, they are issued doubles that function as bogus Presidents.

At present, the real Trump is probably underground waiting for the surface to be nuked.

Remember, Hillary with the blue glasses that was so dysfunctional that the clone had to be helped into the car after dropping its shoe.

There will always be a few Trump doubles that are almost 100% exact with a few unique medical problems. The clones always speak from a teleprompter (told what to say by their handlers).

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I just saw him on tv. He face has really gotten thin and his belly looks like he's been on a strict diet. And he is , what, 70 years old. That's a lot of pressure being the president must deal with daily.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Why do you keep picking on Trump?

Surely it is more likely Hilary has dementia as she keeps forgetting everything - classified information, what symbols mean etc

Trump has his faults but whatever that are it's far better that he is the president than Hilary. I just wish he had put her in jail!
For the record I thought Bill was a great president, it's not about party lines.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The OP is an opinion piece and as an opinion piece it can only be debated as what if.

Agreed, there is no (medical) evidence that he has a screw loose, or is having trouble functioning in his environment.

I'm sure he is being very closely monitored medically - the official WH physician can relieve him of his position instantly if the right medical conditions manifest themselves.

...also worth noting the following ongoing medical support afforded to the POTUS & staff..

The Physician to the President (also known colloquially as the White House doctor) is the formal and official title of the physician who is director of the White House Medical Unit, a unit of the White House Military Office responsible for the medical needs of the President of the United States, Vice President, White House staff, and visitors. The Physician to the President is also the Chief White House Physician.

The White House Medical Unit (WHMU) is a unit of the White House Military Office and is responsible for the medical needs of White House staff and visitors. The unit also provides medical care to the President, the Vice President, their families, and international dignitaries visiting the White House.

edit on 16/7/2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

That is kind of the point.

Right now there is no solid proof he has some kind of dementia, however there are some worrying signs.

If he does have the disease then these signs will only become more obvious as his presidency goes foreword.

I just wrote this thread to bring up this issue as I don't think its getting enough attention in the face off all the other scandal currently plaguing the Trump administration

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

I have a close family member with dementia and except for her annoyingly failing memory she speaks just fine. She uses "big" words and all.

Good luck with your theory.

Uh, its great that she uses big words and all, but if you read the links provided it shows the OPs description of vocabulary, declining, and more simplified language is used, to be correct. Dementia is just an umbrella term. It covers all kinds of mental symptoms. One person may be affected differently than another with the same diagnosis.

As for trump, that interview from the 80s and the way he speaks now, wow day and night. trump always seems to repeat words like Very, over and over again to get his point across. Its not just very bad people , its very, very, very, bad people.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The OP is and opinion piece and as an opinion piece it can only be debated as what if.

Not really I have taken the time to put as many sources into it as I can, it is a fact that his speech has gotten worse over the years (granted that is subjective), it is also a fact he is right in the "at risk" group and its also a fact that several times in the last few months he has displayed what appears to be confusion.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The Op has asked a question does the president have dementia.

The answer is unknown. As much as, many would speculate, it would require a medical doctor, a psychologist and a neurologist, along with testing to see if there is anything there that should be looked at and to be of concern.

Dementia is a tricky thing, one day the person could be alright and appear totally lucid and normal, and other times when it appears as though the person went off his rocker. Changes to the persons routine, and place where they live, can cause a decline. It is a horrid problem and disease that makes the person a prison within their own mind, a disjunction in the mind and brain.

I for one, would like to see Trump undergo a complete physical, both for the body and the mind and see the results of such, and not what all his personal doctor and he decides to release.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

We have seen what presidential terms does to politicians, it ages them like people under very bad stress age.

Is not new, but been a president of the US is one of the hardest jobs in world.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I am sure you did you research and is a good one, I actually comment you for it, but unless his own physician comes forward or any doctor that has attended Trump in personal matter over time, we can only speculate about his mental and physical well being.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join