It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortality Now - A message from the Boorg

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

I don't know if that is necessarily true - The anti-spiritual athiest crowd keeps trying to show, but of course can not prove, that life somehow evolved from inert matter - They may never prove that.

You don't know if life only comes from life? I view life as a force, just like all the other forces in the universe. An energy. Life is undeniable the greatest force in the universe. From life we get many things. Self awareness, awareness of non-self, abilities to interact with the system that was designed to harbor life.

I would say that there is no law of nature that I know of that says life has to be biological, as Man is, or that it necessarily had to come from other biological life.

True. I do not no the answer to that, but none the less life comes from life, in whatever form it takes.

But you could say mind comes from mind - A matrix of mind backs all that exists - and it may have existed for as long as existence itself - Another words forever - Theists call this matrix God.

Do you believe that mind can exist without life? I believe that life can exist without mind, but vice-versa may be a little trickier.

But since neither they nor I kow exactly what this means - I'll still call it the Prime Matrix.

It makes sense because we have to label something in order to explain it.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

"Do you believe that mind can exist without life? I believe that life can exist without mind, but vice-versa may be a little trickier."

NOTHING, absolutely nothing can exist without mind!

Show me one, just one, existent thing - And describe its existence without using your mind to do it.

Mind is the Prime Matrix of all that is - And depending on how you define life - This mind may have always been alive.
edit on 2-8-2017 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

(snip) Is life an ILLUSION? Researchers prove 'reality doesn't exist if you're not looking at it'

Some one could test this theory by simply standing on a highway. . . . . . .

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

The soul can exist without mind, only consciousness naked and senseless but aware if not reasoning.

Think about a Russian doll from the small to the large.

Consciousness
Form (Senses)
Mind

Have you ever been to that no place, that place beyond time and the physical world, perhaps even outside the universe as it is known were you are formless but still aware, you can neither see nor hear nor feel nor think but you are still there, that bit of you that is the very consciousness.

It may be that some that have no soul do exist though, beings more like organic machines there mind's formed from instinct, senses and neural programming we call learned behavior but if such empty people walk among us do they or can they ever know that other self, indeed like a machine can they ever truly be conscious or is there consciousness a product of mind and sense rather than the other way around.

What is true for one may NOT be true for all if that is the case.

But remember we are MORE than the sum of our part's
edit on 14-12-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

From Max Planck, famous Nobel Prize winning physcist [Quantum Mechanics] of the 20th Century:

“All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.”
― Max Planck

edit on 14-12-2017 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join