It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Library Seeks Help Transcribing Magical Manuscripts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

my problem with your analogy - is that i can show you my knife and you can watch in " awe " as i use my knife to make one fish into several fillets and a pile of bits for the stock pot

what can you demonstrate " magic " doing ?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

It moves money from one person's pocket and into another. Magic!

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: z00mster

Cool thanks, marked for later.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

my problem with your analogy - is that i can show you my knife and you can watch in " awe " as i use my knife to make one fish into several fillets and a pile of bits for the stock pot

That depends.

If you're an atheist... magic is comedic.

If you're a pagan or mage... it's an arte.

If you're a Christian... it's study, prayer, and battle.

If you're any other religion... then it would again depend on perspective.

Magic is religion... so walk into a church and any service is a battle, a study, or prayer depending on denomination. Battles against Satan. Prayers for community, country, healing, and many other things. Studying the scriptures is gaining knowledge about higher things.

Among pagans and other circle traditions, its an arte. A symbiotic relationship with nature using primarily sympathetic magic.

Imo ceremonial magicians are a different animal and fall more under Catholicism than paganism even though their beliefs may not be Christian.

Demonstration depends on the individual. Some people can make things happen (manifestation) almost instantly which is anywhere from literally seconds to months later.

Example: as a sophomore in hs i prayed to not get caught sneaking out to date a guy who was a senior. I swore that I'd never do it again if permitted that once. When i got back home dressed up in skirt, silk blouse, heels and makeup my dad greeted me at the door and asked what i was doing. I had just closed it so was facing him. I reached behind me and turned the lock while telling him that i had just gotten up to make sure i had locked the door before going to bed. I was lucky that he's blind as a bat without his glasses and he wasn't wearing them. Needless to say that was a prayer manifested within two hours of my "magic".

Magic can't be seen because it takes place outside of our 3d world. Everything that happens physically has come down to us through the telestial (mental) and celestial (spirit) worlds before manifesting here.

Think of it like water. Water has 3 states. Gas, liquid, solid. We are solid. Telestial is gas and celestial is liquid.

When gas condenses like up in the atmosphere, it eventually turns to liquid and falls down to earth as rain, if its cold enough it will freeze. This is how magic works.

We think and focus on a specific thing.

You decide for your significant other's birthday that you'll create the most romantic day possible. You spend weeks preparing everything. Getting the right music, time, special reservations at their favorite restaurant, etc. Your intent is to make them feel special and to make it romantic. That's the gaseous state. It's all in the mind. The physical preparations making the phone calls, getting your schedules coordinated, keeping it secret, buying the flowers, etc. That's the liquid state. Everything is still in flux. Things can still go wrong but they're coming together according to plan. The big day arrives and they're lavished upon with your attention to detail and pampering and your efforts are rewarded later that night when you're told how amazing their birthday was and how much they love you. This is the solid state... the final product.

In reality we make magic everyday but there's a difference between "mundane existence" and "sacred magic" which is where the line between magic as related to religion and magic as related to existence is drawn.

Sacred space is required for sacred magic. It's created by one's frame of mind rather than any physical trappings though the trappings help put one in a sacred frame of mind which is when magic becomes the most potent.

edit on 15-7-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

It moves money from one person's pocket and into another. Magic!

Lol!

Then there's no escaping it!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join