It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Soviet Counter Intelligence Officer at Meeting With Donald Trump Jr. and Russian Lawyer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
NBC

This has been confirmed by Jr.'s lawyer who states there may have been a sixth person as well.

Why the hell disclose the meeting and not disclose this? Didn't Jr. on Hannity the other night state that there were no other Russians he met with? Everyone linked to Trump can't seem to tell the truth and can't seem to avoid stepping in the piles of dung they leave lying around all over the place.

WASHINGTON — The Russian lawyer who met with the Trump team after a promise of compromising material on Hillary Clinton was accompanied by a Russian-American lobbyist — a former Soviet counter intelligence officer who is suspected by some U.S. officials of having ongoing ties to Russian intelligence, NBC News has learned.

NBC News is not naming the lobbyist, who denies any current ties to Russian spy agencies. He accompanied the lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, to the June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower attended by Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort.

The Russian-born American lobbyist served in the Soviet military and emigrated to the U.S., where he holds dual citizenship.

Interesting to note as an aside... Jeff Sessions just dropped the money laundering case against Prevezon, the case Natalia Veselnitskaya was hired for and the reason she was in the US.

Business Insider
edit on 7/14/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You mean the American?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No I mean the Russian born dual citizenship holder, former Soviet soldier and intelligence-American.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I'm confused. Is he American?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Short answer - so what?
Long answer - so #ing what?

Sources also say they ate salads with Russian dressing at the meeting........oh the horror!
According to your link, it says the guy is a US citizen, surely the CIA/NSA would have tabbed him as a Russian double agent by now eh?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Here's a video talking about the connection with the money laundering case and more...

There's also a tad bit about Dana Rohrabacher and his ties to the Russian Lawyer.
And then there's this article.

Rep. Dana Rohrabacher claims Russians tried to swing him against US sanctions law

I think it's safe to at least make an intelligent guess as to what the Russians want in return..
but, really does anyone get something like this for nothing??

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The nbc story sited says he is a us citizen....so yea he is american.
from the op

Futerfas said he has talked with that individual who came to the meeting with Veselnitskaya. "He is a U.S. citizen. He told me specifically he was not working for the Russian government, and in fact laughed when I asked him that question.”

also from the op

The presence at the meeting of a Russian-American with suspected intelligence ties is likely to be of interest to special counsel Robert Mueller and the House and Senate panels investigating the Russian election interference campaign.

If the guy is an american citizen there are very specific rules to be followed if they were "gathering info" on him.
This will be interesting to sort out.

(post by RazorV66 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I know. Kali just didn't like it which is why she wouldn't answer. The guys a US citizen. Somehow we need to call him Russian though?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Who is actually a US citizen and I'd guess was there because the lawyer doesn't speak any English.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The hearing before the IJC will be glorious. They all think it's a smoking gun to bury Trump but the opposite is going to be the case. Entrapment is a serious criminal offense. Can't wait how the media will spin the story after the hearing. I'm bursting with Schadenfreude.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

It's pure coincidence Lynch brought her in and she was with Obama's Russiam ambassador after meeting Trump.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Since he is an american there had better be fisa warrants to justify spying on him.

All these "procedural" intelligence problems are going to destroy the obama administrations legacy. It appears they followed no laws and spied on people for purely political reasons. All in an effort to get Hillary elected and maintain the status quo.
Their "trail of breadcrumbs" is going to destroy them. It will also damage the ic when congress does not renew their ability to skirt the rules later this year.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

They were censured and rebuked by the courts. It's a fact they did that. Liberals don't care.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

he's a:

a former Soviet counter intelligence officer who is suspected by some U.S. officials of having ongoing ties to Russian intelligence, NBC News has learned.

one might assume that someone with that kind of background might be watched rather closely..

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: RazorV66

Who is actually a US citizen and I'd guess was there because the lawyer doesn't speak any English.

A translator... lol.

So how come Jr. didn't mention him in his such a good boy trying to be transparent press release?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
NBC

This has been confirmed by Jr.'s lawyer who states there may have been a sixth person as well.

Why the hell disclose the meeting and not disclose this? Didn't Jr. on Hannity the other night state that there were no other Russians he met with? Everyone linked to Trump can't seem to tell the truth and can't seem to avoid stepping in the piles of dung they leave lying around all over the place.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, because they're incompetent liars that are out of their depth.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

It's pure coincidence Lynch brought her in and she was with Obama's Russiam ambassador after meeting Trump.

Of course.
Seriously how are people still not able to see the obvious and connecting the dots on their own is beyond me. I doubt Trump will throw Obama to the wolves though. It's such a tremendous scandal that the american people wouldn't be able to handle or even recover from. Hillary owned the DNC and therefore Obama and his administration as well. I'm torn between exposing them all and let the chips fall or keeping it hidden to avoid the serious damage to the country. To think that this all started with a simple tweet about a wiretap.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So people don't think the Russians send Russian agents over here and make them American citizens?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Explain what that has to do with Trump Jr trying to work with her.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join