It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LONDON: 5 injured in seperate acid attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yeah it does. If they are migrants that came over during the migrant "crisis" who happen to be Muslim it makes a big difference.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

reality check - " acid attacks " have been a fact of london gangland life for decades

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

reality check, prove it

show me the data

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: SprocketUK

There was a recent case of some tattooed white guy attacking a couple of muslim women in a restaurant.

So you're arguing the exception proves the rule? That the increase in acid attacks in England is due to tattooed white guys?

Or are you an apologist?

No, but it does no one any good for people to try and pitch every little thing as a muslim problem or some such.

This particular instance looks like theft, not terrorism or honour killing or suchlike.

I'm into the truth not one side or the other's twisted version of it.

ETA Acid attacks are not new. The substance was a popular weapon in Victorian Britain, mainly because sulphuric acid was produced on an industrial scale then. It was also used as a tool of fear in gangland Britain, appearing in Brighton Rock in the form of a small bottle carried by the book's antihero gangster Pinkie Brown. In south east Asia, where acid attacks are sickeningly commonplace, they are primarily a weapon of domestic violence or so called "honour" violence, by men against women. It's harder to think of a more malicious way of ruining someone's life.

From vice.

It should also be noted that the statistics for acid attacks also count such things as ammonia, and I can remember people using jif lemons to hold ammonia to spray in someone's eyes at football and even in the course of a robbery.

I definitely think that there is a rise in actual acid attacks and this may be a result of people coming here and bringing their cultural baggage with them, but to try and deny it is also a thing done by natives is to ignore a significant number of these attacks.
edit on 07pFri, 14 Jul 2017 04:56:07 -050020172017-07-14T04:56:07-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Yeah it does. If they are migrants that came over during the migrant "crisis" who happen to be Muslim it makes a big difference.

Yeah perhaps it would be, but you are not talking in "facts" are you

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Acid is widely used by Jamaican gangs

LOL...come on...dont play daft.

On a related note...interesting to see...no identity or any kind of description of the attackers.

the only thing so far..."the pair" and a teenager.

That's the new norm. We dont want people connecting dots and stuff.

Yeah dots and stuff pretty cool eh, hey look an acid attack must have been an immigrant.....

What are the odds?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Acid is widely used by Jamaican gangs

LOL...come on...dont play daft.

On a related note...interesting to see...no identity or any kind of description of the attackers.

the only thing so far..."the pair" and a teenager.

That's the new norm. We dont want people connecting dots and stuff.

Yeah dots and stuff pretty cool eh, hey look an acid attack must have been an immigrant.....

What are the odds?

You tell me ?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

The crime has a long history in Britain. In the 1740s, when sulphuric acid was widely available, acid-throwing happened often. In the 1830s, one Glasgow periodical wrote that acid violence had “become so common . . . as to become almost a stain on the national character”.

www.newstatesman.com...

It is on the increase worldwide.
Lets get the facts before jumping to conclusions though eh?.
edit on 14-7-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

So your sources are from the 17-1800?

Nah I'll continue to keep jumping to my conclusions until proven otherwise because 90% of the time my conclusion has been proven to be true.

Call it whatever you but when it's a trend it's important to identify the trend and build a profile.

So many fricken apologist.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Show me the facts?

Until we have the facts we have nothing but speculation. The media has actively worked to hide the facts to protect a specific group of people who cause indiscriminate harm across the globe in the name of their religion.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I'm pointing out it isn't a new thing sure it is on the increase world wide but I will not jump to any conclusion until they find out who and why they did it.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Just in

www.itv.com...

Gang related to do with mopeds being stolen.

So you were saying toys?.
edit on 14-7-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

It isn't a new thing great but was it happening in London for the last 10-15 years and exactly what is the data?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Read my last post...

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Where does it say it was gang related I read the source...

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

reality check - " acid attacks " have been a fact of london gangland life for decades

That's because they aren't allowed to have guns.

How else are you supposed to fend off the drive-by hooligans?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Show me the facts?

Until we have the facts we have nothing but speculation. The media has actively worked to hide the facts to protect a specific group of people who cause indiscriminate harm across the globe in the name of their religion.

Speculation, that's an interesting word.

Where do you get your facts from ?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I haven't stated any facts only asked for them.

Haven't been supplied with any therefor my original assertions still stand.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

That's because they aren't allowed to have guns.

How else are you supposed to fend off the drive-by hooligans?

Reality check, only pussies need weapons, regardless of what it is, a gun, acid, knife etc....pussies who have no balls use weapons.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I haven't stated any facts only asked for them.

Haven't been supplied with any therefor my original assertions still stand.

So, you are saying you heard of the immigrant invasion, now you just heard of acid attacks and you put the two together ....bravo Watson bravo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join