It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't throw out those radish greens!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13
It's a native remedy as I understand it. The needles contain a chemical that can ease some kinds of arthritis pain. She uses it in the native way, if the pain is bad she actually stings the offending joint with the nettles. There are also poultices and teas made from them, leaves, flowers and roots, if memory serves me.
Here's what the arthritis foundation says about it:www.arthritis.org...

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I have an injured kidney and found out yesterday It doesn't need to be removed it is on the mend.
Do you know any smoothies I can make which will help my kidneys (has made kidney stones also).
Cheers

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Great news! That must have brought a big relief to your life.

Sorry, I'm not really up on specifics of kidney health but the Kidney Association has some recipes at their site.
www.kidney.org...

You might do some further research on specific veggies, herbs or fruits that promote healing. Generally speaking just a good diet of fresh food is always helpful. I would avoid things that put extra work on the kidneys, like alcohol, while it is healing and stay well hydrated.

My Beloved just had 12 teeth removed so we're enjoying a lot of summer's bounty in smoothie form. I'm adding hemp powder to his to boost the nutrients per glass.

edit on 15-7-2017 by diggindirt because: correction

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Bell peppers

Cabbage (especially raw)

Cauliflower

Garlic and onions

Red kidney beans

Cinnamon

Cranberries Blueberries and Strawberries Cherries and Grapes

Egg whites

Olive oil

Also vinegar with the 'mother' in it (check the lable)

Turmeric

Stay away from

Soda/Pop

Mayo

Butter

Processed meats and frozen meals

So happy for you you get to keep your kidney! Thank God for that!

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
The radish seed pods are really good. The greens from radishes never seemed very appealing to me, although I like beer greens, turnip greens....

Wth are "beer greens"?! Sounds delic!!

I've head of "green beer" (not finished fermenting). Also the type served at St. Paddy's Day. But this is new!

I actually cut my radish greens real thin and add to salad. Gives a nice flavor. You can also taste the leaves to see how peppery the radishes themselves will be (just found that one out last week!). I'll have to try the sauté thing! That sounds really good. Maybe make a pesto? Done that with carrot greens and parsley which worked OK.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join