It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Nothing will happen on September 23, 2017

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have a friend, whom I met on Amazon, who is a retired seminary professor. He was on the first team to put the bible on a computer. He has spent more than 40 years studying eschatology, or the end-times. He believes that all Christians will ascend in the clouds on September 23, 2017.
On this date, there is an alignment in the stars, which sound a lot like Revelations 12. The only problem is that Revelations 12 was written by John of Patmos-not the apostle, who was more than likely Gnostic.
Sir Laurence Gardner, in "Bloodlines of the Holy Grail", offers this explanation for Revelation 12.
"According to Gnostic tradition, Mary Magdalene
was associated with Wisdom (Sophia), represented by
the sun, moon, and a halo of stars. The female gnosis of
- Sophia was deemed to be the Holy Spirit, thus represented
on Earth by the Magdalene, who fled into exile
bearing the child of Jesus. John, in Revelation 12:1-17,
describes Mary and her son, and tells of her persecution,
her flight into exile, and of the continued Roman hounding
of the 'remnant of her seed' (her descendants).
And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman
clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and
upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and
pained to be delivered.
And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and
behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten
horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
And . . . the dragon stood before the woman which was
ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it
wasbom.
And she brought forth a man child ...
And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath
a place prepared of God . ..
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels
fought against the dragon; ...
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, ...
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and
by the word of their testimony; ...
And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth,
he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man
child.
And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle,
that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place ..."

So, there's another view of Revelation 12, that has nothing to do with alignments.

PS. So far on ATS, there seems to be packs or conglomerates
that quickly invalidate new threads, especially from new users. They are like dive bombers who perform a scrafing run on the terrain, invalidating the information and the author. Usually, they don't bother reading anything other than enough info to insult/put down. Are there any grown-ups here? IF so, that's scary. The only reason I can fathom such behaviour is for stars? Or, more than likely they are of the type who feel they cannot
progress, unless someone else suffers, or, have low esteem and no other way to generate their own energy. For fun, if they show up, I bet that some will have no posts at all and are simply clinging to the flight leader.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: davido
I agree with your title, for the more generalised reason that ALL attempts to calculate dates for Revelation events are invalid. I've done a thread about it;
Revelation prophecy; the futility of date-setting

The next mistake is putting faith in calculations.
Anyone who tries to fix the “time of the end” by precise calculation is assuming, perhaps unconsciously, that God chose that date by precise calculation in the first place.
We don’t have any real reason for believing that this is the way God works.

If there’s no reason to think that God lays out events to fit a carefully calculated pattern, poring over the timeline of history with a spiritual tape-measure and a year-planner, then there is no point in trying to second-guess his calculations.

One doesn't have to be a gnostic to reject astrological interpretations of the passage. Like the rest of Revelation, it can be understood as a Christian message expressed in terms of Old Testament symbolism.

edit on 13-7-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Rev 12 is the birth of Jesus on Sept.11 3 BC

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Because it's predicted every year

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

I agree. Last year Fritz Springmeier predicted the rapture. Guess that means by his own rules(the bible) that he is not "of God".
which invalidates his book, "Be Wise as Serpents", about the 13 illuminatti bloodlines.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Yes, I agree that Constantine took maybe more liberties with divinity, than even those like Herbert Armstrong/Ron Dart, allude to.

I am sympathetic to the gnostic viewpoint, as I am an American but of Merovingian descent.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Interesting your signiture contains a quote aboput the Magna Carta. King John, who was brutal had no intention of allowing the Magna Carta to be implemented. However, he was a Plantegenet, or Merovingian.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The quotation is there for the joke; let me introduce "the lad himself".

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I'm not a biblical or religious scholar however, I thought that a tenant of gnosticism was that Jesus was not divine. If that is the case, the Gospel of John is clearly not gnostic as it is replete with references to Jesus' divinity.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

I'm not a biblical or religious scholar however, I thought that a tenant of gnosticism was that Jesus was not divine. If that is the case, the Gospel of John is clearly not gnostic as it is replete with references to Jesus' divinity.

LOL,

Caught that one didn't you?

Gnostic crap is coming out of the woodwork lately and almost all of it is BS.

September 2017 may or may not be the Revelation 12 sign but it sure is a strong candidate. (And on the feast of trumpets no less).

Time will tell if it is the big kick-off to the finale.

edit on 13-7-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Are there any grown-ups here? IF so, that's scary. The only reason I can fathom such behaviour is for stars?

Wait! What? I'm certainly old enough to be a grown up. I like stars just like the next person.

I gave you a star and a flag.

So, there's another view of Revelation 12, that has nothing to do with alignments.

I actually have a sort of mental block when it comes to Revelation. It was taught a certain way to me when I was young. When I read the first commentary written from a different point of view, about 1985ish, that made sense to me: (Jewish apocalyptic later baptized through revision to be Christian).

Then, upon reading it over in the 2000s, it seemed a Jewish Christian document intended as a war propaganda piece to get Christians to side with Parthian side against Rome in the centuries long Roman/Parthian war.

After years of ATS members showing common imagery shared by Post-exile Judean literature and Mesopotamian literature and artifacts dating back to Sumerian, Akkadian, Babylonian, and neo-Babylonian periods, I can at least see imagery a little bit for where it comes from.

The last time I read Revelation this exchange caught my attention: Revelation 22

8Now I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. When I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who had shown me these things. 9He said to me, "See you don't do it! I am a fellow bondservant with you and with your brothers, the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God."
12"Behold, I come quickly. My reward is with me, to repay to each man according to his work. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

The mental picture is one guy holding a curtain open showing the John character a play being played out. The messenger holding the curtain is wearing a god mask. So John (the watcher of the show) falls down to worship. The messenger drops his mask and says, "No, no, I'm just a servant" but he's also an actor, and part of the show. He puts the god mask back on and cries out, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End".

So anyway, as far as I can tell, it's a play, the meaning of which eludes me, unless the meaning is that some type of monotheism (like Zoroastrianism) will be victorious over polytheism.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

So this actually is a thing that people are teaching; with pictures, graphs, and charts? Just a couple of months to determine the accuracy. Wow.

Gnostic crap is coming out of the woodwork lately and almost all of it is BS.

I'm kind of on the opposite side from Gnosticism, but:

Manichaeism...was a major religious movement that was founded by the Iranian[2] prophet Mani (in Persian: مانی, Syriac: ܡܐܢܝ , Latin: Manichaeus or Manes; c. 216–276 AD) in the Sasanian Empire.[3][4]

Manichaeism taught an elaborate dualistic cosmology describing the struggle between a good, spiritual world of light, and an evil, material world of darkness. Through an ongoing process that takes place in human history, light is gradually removed from the world of matter and returned to the world of light, whence it came. Its beliefs were based on local Mesopotamian gnostic and religious movements.[5]

Manichaeism was quickly successful and spread far through the Aramaic-Syriac speaking regions.[6] It thrived between the third and seventh centuries, and at its height was one of the most widespread religions in the world.

The phrase that I bolded is the basis of Zoroastrian ethics, like creation isn't complete yet, similar to the phraseology ""My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working." John 5:17.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Those have been around for years, we have been posting about it since 2013 or so

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

watchfortheday.org...

endtimesforecaster.blogspot.com...
edit on 13-7-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I take long breaks from ATS. Maybe I missed it. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

How do you know any of it is true if you only met the man online amazon?

Pretty much the style of writing and the MO the writer was indeed John the Beloved, one of Jesus personal circle of disciples later called Apostles.

Calling people children is a really good way to get stars.

edit on 13-7-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

As one of the YouTubers put it, a sign is just that - a sign. How many times do you go driving and see the sign marking your exit exactly on the exit? Not often. Usually, you see several warning signs first to let you know it is coming.

So is this anything? Or is it just a marker, a warning that what we're looking for us coming? Or is this actually it - the beginning of the end? Is it combination of things?

No one knows.

I do know that sooner or later someone hits the lottery and quite a few will wish they hadn't.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think it's still 50/50 on the happening scale though it's weird that nobody is entertaining the idea that the picture of the smile are just 2 motherships and a spaceship fleet of smaller vessels waiting for a signal. I heard so many stories that it's Satan himself,Kek(:lol
,Nibiru,God(again :lol
and other ridicilous explanations that i find it really strange that people are so desperate to link the phenomenon to religious mumbo jumbo at all costs.
edit on 13-7-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Oh, I thought you were going to say, "because nothing happened the last few Sept 23rds when something allegedly was supposed to."

In terms of the Bible. No man will know the day or hour.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Gnosticism was a syncretism of many influences but primarily as a reaction against Christianity. Gnosticism, as a particular belief was not 'matured' until after "The Revelation of Jesus Christ".

The identification of John of Patmos as John the Apostle is not legitimately questioned.

The book of "The Revelation of Jesus Christ" clearly identifies the deity of Jesus as well as the wounds suffered during the crucifixion. He was not some angelic substitute, He was the only begotten Son of God.

I don't give asstrology any credence, whatever.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Are we talking about the Gospel of John or Revelation? Revelation appears to be written by a different John. Revelation is where the referenced verse originates.

John of Patmos--wiki
" Traditionally, the writer of Revelation is widely considered to be John the Apostle, who is also seen as author of the Gospel of John. However, others identify the author as John the Elder and many modern scholars believe it was written by an otherwise unknown author, to whom they have given the name John of Patmos.'

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join