It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking For A New PC Game - Any Suggestions?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Wolves? I'm definitely going to play the new version after I get some ashore time in.

Thanks for that thread by the way.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Hey thanks for the compliment.

Yah, buying new games just to make videos that are a hobby, is a expensive hobby, heh.

But yah, I think I will certainly grab this Soma game and give it a try with video later down the road. Not while I'm here alone at the house.

I live way out in the wooooooods, and it gets quite dark here at night...with the dogs barking at....nothing. If I got that game and did it while my wife and son are gone, they'd come home to find the door nailed shut, and me in a corner with a loaded shotgun......

edit on 7/13/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: eriktheawful

Check out Empyrion Galactic Survival. It has crafting, looting POI's, creatures, you can mine ores to build your own hover vehicle to get around the planet, build a space ship to get to another planet. Whole lot of things to do.

Awesome choice, great game that keeps getting better with every update.

I have almost 1200 hours.
Don't judge me.

Damn! I am one of those who actually suffers from anxiety, so as much I love video games? I have to force myself to try and play them and then it might be for 20-30 min. then I bail. My hand starts shaking so bad on my mouse I can hardly control it. Then I spend the next 2 to 3 weeks trying to get the courage to force myself to play again. I don't watch television anymore, when I go to relax before bedtime I cue up you tube and watch people play the video games I want to play but can't.

I actually miss watching the OP's videos of him playing, but R/L comes first and there isn't a shortage of people to watch.

7 Days 2 Die just went Alpha 16 stable today and I have been sitting here trying to get up the nerve to cue up a new game and give it a go. The damn beer isn't even helping.

I've got about 70 hours in my first playthrough, That game was scary as sh!t. And I never even turned the Zombies on. lol

Did you play it with head phones on? If you didn't give that a go! roflmao

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Hey thanks for the compliment.

Yah, buying new games just to make videos that are a hobby, is a expensive hobby, heh.

But yah, I think I will certainly grab this Soma game and give it a try with video later down the road. Not while I'm here alone at the house.

I live way out in the wooooooods, and it gets quite dark here at night...with the dogs barking at....nothing. If I got that game and did it while my wife and son are gone, they'd come home to find the door nailed shut, and me in a corner with a loaded shotgun......

After the member suggested the game to you I went and looked it up. For me it was resounding "Hell NO.". lol

You're welcome! I truly did enjoy watching your videos.
edit on 13-7-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Wolves? I'm definitely going to play the new version after I get some ashore time in.

Thanks for that thread by the way.

There are 2 kinds. Regular wolves which are grey, and then the Dire wolves which are black and damn near as big as you. The new Zombie bears are no joke either!

Oh, and any normal zombie, can be feral. There are also radiated zombies that take some serious heat to take down. But they don't really come into play until your levels and game stage of play get up there.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yah, I saw the updated for 7DTD this morning. Thought about taking a peek at it.

I loved the game until the introduced the temperature thing. To me it really nerfed the game.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Yah, I saw the updated for 7DTD this morning. Thought about taking a peek at it.

I loved the game until the introduced the temperature thing. To me it really nerfed the game.

I think you will love it. The temp thing is not quite worked out, but if you are in a hot climate, make that leather poncho (when you have leather) and make a plant fiber hat. Also make the yucca juice to drink by whacking the cactuses or harvesting yucca fruit. I started a game last week in a winter biome and the plant fiber cloths that are part of the quests kept me quite comfortable.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I didn't get past the part where you said your wife and son are going on a boy scout thing together. May I ask why you are not going with your son?

Also, ARK is bad ass if you like the survival genre.
edit on 13-7-2017 by ShamelessWreck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShamelessWreck
I didn't get past the part where you said your wife and son are going on a boy scout thing together. May I ask why you are not going with your son?

Ever hear of a scout mom?

Why is this even a question in this thread?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Noticed you didn't some big time RTS's in there.

Heres a few that kept me busy for a long time:

Starcraft series (Space, aliens and humans)
Warcraft series (orcs and humans)
Company of Heroes (WW2 Theme)

Thee original Starcraft for win 98 started my PC gaming train and it was epic!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShamelessWreck

Also, ARK is bad ass if you like the survival genre.

My son has been in scouting since he was a little Tiger in Cub Scouts over 6 years ago. He's now a Life Scout in his Boy Scout troop, Eagle is his next step.

While he was a Cub Scout, both my wife and I became registered adult leaders with the pack, later once my son was in Boy Scouts, I stopped being a leader and just Dad so I could support him better as my wife was still a leader for the Cub Scouts.

Even more later, my wife earned her Wood Chip, and is now a registered adult leader with the Boy Scouts. They needed enough adults for the summer camp this year, so she volunteered.

I've already gone on several camp out and summer camp events with my son over the years, and this is her chance too. The other reason is: all our animals need to be taken care of, so someone has to stay home for that.

So this year instead of me going, she's going. That's really all there is to it. I normally go and have a lot of the fun, especially since I'm one of the few adults that will sit there talk video games.

Camping out is really fun with them:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Nothing wrong with that at all.

Husband and I routinely trade duties with the kiddo. It's nice to know that the other spouse can and will stand in in a pinch and it lets kiddo know that both parents are engaged in his life.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

"Dishonored - If you actually like thief, this game makes it feel like crap imho." That's exactly how I felt after playing Thief (reboot) and playing dishonored. Dishonored felt more like a spiritual successor to Thief 2 than "Thief" did.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Try the "Wolfenstein: The New Order,"

seriously, the story is extremely engrossing. There are some parts that are hard to see, but the revenge scenes are SO satisfying.

I went into the game thinking it was just going to be some basic shoot-em game, but I was flabbergasted by the the story, the locations, and the gameplay.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Witcher 3. For the love of God, please play Witcher 3. The best RPG I've ever played, and I go back to Temple of Apshai on my Commodore 64, so I know a little something about RPG's!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I suggest you try Everquest the old game now owned by Daybreak games, it can be played free now up to a point. My son a pilot is addicted for many years, it can be what you want it to be depending on the time you want to spend. Try a small quest to start.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subsonic
Temple of Apshai on my Commodore 64, so I know a little something about RPG's!

ROFL!

I remember Temple of Apshai!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subsonic
Witcher 3. For the love of God, please play Witcher 3. The best RPG I've ever played, and I go back to Temple of Apshai on my Commodore 64, so I know a little something about RPG's!

I have to know ... for someone who could never get into Witcher 2 ... is Witcher 3 really going to be worthwhile?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
How about Rimworld , top down survival game where you start with a shipwrecked crew and build your town from there , and defend it against attacks and other disasters.

pretty intense , unforgiving on permadeath mode , but you really connect with your characters.

pretty good mod community , and regular updates , still in early acces though.

Elite dangerous is a pretty decent game , i bought the hotas X flightstick just for that game , havent touched it cause i am stuck without fuel in a far away place , but i could ask help there are people in the game that just fly around and help stranded people.

but it is nice yeah , i enjoyed it.

edit on 13-7-2017 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Take 2 or 3 hours and play "Inside". Wonderful little game to play through and not very expensive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join