It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking For A New PC Game - Any Suggestions?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Considering your list Assassin's Creed is just for you. The first game from 2007 is the best.

The plot is set in a fictional history of real world events and follows the centuries-old struggle between the Assassins, who fight for peace with free will, and the Templars, who desire peace through control. The game primarily takes place during the Third Crusade in the Holy Land in 1191, with the plot revolving around the Secret Order of Assassins, based upon the Hashshashin sect. The player is in reality playing as a modern-day man named Desmond Miles, who, through the use of a machine named the "Animus", is allowed the viewing and controlling of the protagonist's genetic memories of his ancestors, in this case, Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad, a member of the Assassins.Through this plot device, details emerge of a struggle between two factions: the Knights Templar and the Assassins, over an artifact known as the "Apple of Eden", an ancient artifact used to control minds.en.m.wikipedia.org...(video_game)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If you like RPGs, get Divinity: Original Sin, no question. Steam

Other recommendations:
Ori and the Blind Forest
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Dirt Rally
Life is Strange

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

As do I tomorrow night!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
How about Pillars of Eternity? It's supposed to be the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate.

On, a side note I couldn't seem to get into it because I hate micromanaging my party.

Also, Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 were some of my favorite games of all time. I only mention this because I see you have some older titles on your list.
edit on 13-7-2017 by RomaSempre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I siggest limbo

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here are the main 3 I've been playing recently...
Wargame red dragon
Stellaris
From the depths

Honorable mention for Total War Shogun 2
All can be played offline and Stellaris, wargame, and total war can be played online as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Really good suggestions by everyone! I'll be looking into them all.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Check out Empyrion Galactic Survival. It has crafting, looting POI's, creatures, you can mine ores to build your own hover vehicle to get around the planet, build a space ship to get to another planet. Whole lot of things to do.

Awesome choice, great game that keeps getting better with every update.

I have almost 1200 hours.
Don't judge me.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I didn't see it on your list and combined between 1 & 2 I have over 5k hours, I recommend Left 4 Dead 2. Yeah, you'll be teased for being a "steam sale noob" for not buying it at full price the day it came out, but if you're like most gamers, the steam trolling goes in one ear and out the other.

I love l4d2!!! I actually haven't played it in almost a whole year which is unreal for me but I think I finally burnt myself out on my steam library. I've moved on to WAY more ADULT and COOLER things like ROBLOX...... *snicker*

It's true, me and my best gf play silly roblox games all the time. So if you like that kind of childish stuff yeah it's entertaining as well!

-Alee
edit on 7/13/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Witcher 3, I sank 500 hours into my first playthrough. Any C&C game before Generals.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Dude, I've got most of the games you do, so I think my recommendations should fit your fancy...

SUBNAUTICA - It's still in early access, but it feels like a complete game. It's one of the best I've played in a while. It's a really good mix of Alien: Isolation, Soma, and No Man's Sky. It's a little vauge starting out, because it doesn't hold your hand too much, but it just keeps opening up more and more as you progress. Can't recommend it enough. I think it's only $15 on steam. Which is a joke, because you get a full $60 experience out of it. I'm still on my first playthrough and i've got nearly 100 hours in it.

SOMA - This was done by the same guys that did the 'Amnesia' games. Again, another Alien: Isolation type of feel. Really enjoyed this one as well. The story quality and immersion is on par with that of 'The Dark Decent'. Graphics are a lot better of course. I played this first on PS4, just got for PC a couple weeks ago. It was worth buying twice.

Planet Coaster - Why don't you have this game yet?? I see you've got the Sims and Railroad Tycoon, so this should be right up your ally. It's the official successor to the 'Rollercoaster Tycoon' series and produced by the same creators. Just youtube some of the parks people have made, it's nuts. Really chill soundtrack too. The customization depth is overwhelming.

No Mans Sky - All though they shot themselves in the foot right when this game was released by over hyping it. It's still one of my favorite games. They've come out with 2 free major updates since launch last year, with the third coming out really soon. They've got vehicles now, base building, ect. I could go on for a couple pages why this game is worth it, but just buy it, don't think about, it just buy it. The mods for this game are nuts. Play on 'Normal' and enjoy.

With all the games you've already got, you can't call yourself a gamer and pass any of these up.

edit on 13-7-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Subnautica is a really good game....

Elite gets pretty boring Imo, and you can play single player.

Ark single player is a hoot too

I've heard player unknown battleground is pretty fun, interesting take on more shooter.

Rimworld is freaking awesome and highly addictive.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Try one of the XCOMs. XCOM 2 is getting a rather substantial expansion toward the end of August, so if you end up liking it, you'll have something to look forward to.

It's a turn-based strategy game that has a meta-game strategic layer to it also. It's be the same crew that produces the Civ franchise.

It's one of those go-to games husband and I have that seem to always hang out on our desktops.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Soma - holy crap....Looks like a cross between Outlast and Bioshock. Now that's a game I can do one of my Let's Plays with. I've not done any videos for quite a long time now...sort of ran out of the scary stuff people like to watch....but Soma looks like it would fit the bill.

Not going to play it while I'm alone next week though, screw that! Me playing.......cat jumps up on back of chair.....me screaming my head off.....yah....I'll wait on that one, hehehehehe.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Check out Empyrion Galactic Survival. It has crafting, looting POI's, creatures, you can mine ores to build your own hover vehicle to get around the planet, build a space ship to get to another planet. Whole lot of things to do.

Don't judge me.

Damn! I am one of those who actually suffers from anxiety, so as much I love video games? I have to force myself to try and play them and then it might be for 20-30 min. then I bail. My hand starts shaking so bad on my mouse I can hardly control it. Then I spend the next 2 to 3 weeks trying to get the courage to force myself to play again. I don't watch television anymore, when I go to relax before bedtime I cue up you tube and watch people play the video games I want to play but can't.

I actually miss watching the OP's videos of him playing, but R/L comes first and there isn't a shortage of people to watch.

7 Days 2 Die just went Alpha 16 stable today and I have been sitting here trying to get up the nerve to cue up a new game and give it a go. The damn beer isn't even helping.

edit on 13-7-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Anxiety use to be a problem for me too but since moving to Arizona I have been able to keep my anxiety in check but the side effect is many hours playing vids and of course munchies

And I won't embarrass myself with how many hours I have in Ark.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

7 Days 2 Die just went Alpha 16 stable today and I have been sitting here trying to get up the nerve to cue up a new game and give it a go. The damn beer isn't even helping.

Those damn dogs get me jumping out of my chair every time.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Fine selection a games but the absence of The Witcher 3 is a gaping hole in your collection , if you want something to sink your teeth into that is it.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Those damn dogs get me jumping out of my chair every time.

Dude! There are wolves, vultures, and the roaming hordes now? You can be out chopping down some trees and the next thing you know your are surrounded. At least on horde night you are prepared to go down fighting, but when you are just out and about now the roaming hordes are killer. Keep your head on a swivel is for real!

BTW, use if you play random gen? I found an awesome map. "CandyApple"

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Don't judge me.

Damn! I am one of those who actually suffers from anxiety, so as much I love video games? I have to force myself to try and play them and then it might be for 20-30 min. then I bail. My hand starts shaking so bad on my mouse I can hardly control it. Then I spend the next 2 to 3 weeks trying to get the courage to force myself to play again. I don't watch television anymore, when I go to relax before bedtime I cue up you tube and watch people play the video games I want to play but can't.

I actually miss watching the OP's videos of him playing, but R/L comes first and there isn't a shortage of people to watch.

I've got about 70 hours in my first playthrough, That game was scary as sh!t. And I never even turned the Zombies on. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join