It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police punch teen girl after mistaking her for black male suspect

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Touche!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Touche!

Yes I have gotten that sarcastic. My first thought about the beach chain story where they saved that family was,..I can't believe that many people had the bravery and common sense to make it happen, then it's got to be a hoax...

So at this point I expect stuff from the world of morons. These guys happen to get borrowed authority as well which makes it a little worse than your average idiot.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I can't stop laughing at your words. It's so stupid yet SOOOOO likely. Did you know that in states that have legalized marijuana, most licenses to grow and sell it are issued to white people? Yet one of the chief reasons for legalization is to help the black community. The American Way!

edit on 13-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Pretty sure there is nothing more frightening to people like Jeff Sessions then a black man legally selling Marijuana.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
No pictures or video of her injuries?
Any time there's a justice for #__________ event I get suspicious.
Usually because not much truth is being told.
"Her father said" she weighs 115lbs soaking wet.
Uh huh,
"The police said" __________
When you can't trust the media or either side of a story I just ignore it until some kind of evidence shows up.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Pretty sure there is nothing more frightening to people like Jeff Sessions then a black man legally selling Marijuana.

Yeah he probably wakes up in a cold sweat nightly just thinking about all those "darkies" selling that devil's weed.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I provided the police report you know? There is a video in the article from the girl too.
edit on 13-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Yeah he probably wakes up in a cold sweat nightly just thinking about all those "darkies" selling that devil's weed.

More than likely it's the TabaCo and private prison lobbyists pulling his retirement funds that keep him up at night.

You can't even trust these guys are actually telling the truth about being bigots. For all we know he is up in Ashville with Lindsay graham every chance he gets.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I get a real sense that some of the argument was this woman was not ideally pretty, looked like a guy, and dressed like a guy therefore it's not as big of a deal.

God forbid there was an innocent male who was around the same size as the perp.

The conversation should be how incredibly unprepared the police were to handle a 115 lb female never mind someone who may be 170lbs and look like the perp. How far would they have taken the situation before checking the ID formally or having enough aptitude to judge a situation?

Frightening stuff.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I get a real sense that some of the argument was this woman was not ideally pretty, looked like a guy, and dressed like a guy therefore it's not as big of a deal.

God forbid there was an innocent male who was around the same size as the perp.

The conversation should be how incredibly unprepared the police were to handle a 115 lb female never mind someone who may be 170lbs and look like the perp. How far would they have taken the situation before checking the ID formally or having enough aptitude to judge a situation?

Frightening stuff.

Yeah someone probably WOULD have died then and I'm not talking about the police either.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I provided the police report you know? There is a video in the article from the girl too.

The video didn't show the first time I opened the page. I went to FB link for a NAACP rally with no info.

I have to take my post above back, this looks like some obvious serious abuse by police.

Eta: It especially pisses me off to hear of using police dogs this way. If 3 male cops can't handle a small girl without using a dog they need new cops.
You bet the family will probably get a large settlement over this. She deserves some compensation and an apology, we'll see how it all ends.
edit on 13-7-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I understand. It takes a second to load.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The NAACP has no one to blame but themselves for skepticism.
Too often they pick up a cause only to find out later it was bs.
Sadly, that will cause cases like this to get overlooked just as I would have done if you hadn't told me about the video.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yeah. This one would be a good one to carry as far as possible. Especially if the police department keeps insisting it did the right thing here. No one is saying the "r word" yet, but when the only similarity between the girl and the perps is that they were both black then something is probably up. I mean they aren't even the same sex. But I don't want to jump the gun here either. It's all just so fishy though... How did multiple officers fail to identify the gender of this girl and that she didn't look like an 170 pound adult male with balding hair?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
what are the chances "she" is actually a guy with an identity problem?

Even if she was she still wouldn't fit the description.

Suspect:
30 year old black male
160-170 lbs.
5'10"
shaved head/goatee
baggy white t-shirt
grey pants or blue jeans

Person they assulted
19 year old black female
115 lbs.
5'2"
braided hair/wearing hat
white short sleeve shirt
blue jean shorts

Police report

Beyond both being black and both wearing a white shirt and possibly having a similar backpack, I fail to see how this mistaken identity could be made. Looking for someone wearing pants, stop and assault someone wearing shorts. Looking for someone with a shaved head and goatee, stop and assault someone with braided hair, wearing a hat with no facial hair. Looking for someone 5'10, stop and assault someone 5'2. Looking for a 30 year old male, stop and assault a 19 year old female.

Hopefully the good cops will make sure these bad cops never wear a badge again.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Where are the good cops hiding? when it come's to misconduct of their bro's there seldom are any good ones..on their own might be ok but in a group, indifferent at best..your f'd
edit on 13-7-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

They always back each other up regardless.
If one tries to tell the truth they make their lives hell until they quit.
Or the department fires them.
Depends on the Police Department but the bigger the city the worse the corruption generally.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yes, that is the sad truth, us or them kinda deal..it has to be very difficult at times for the well meaning officer.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hey look, a 115 pound 19 year old girl is just a lot easier and safer to smack around than a 170 pound 30 something with a #ing machete.

Saying they thought she was the suspect allows them to claim they had the balls to confront and attempt to subdue a crazed maniac with a machete . . . . without actually taking any real risks.

What a bunch of heros

edit on 13-7-2017 by imwilliam because: spellin, removed some vulgar swear words, you know, the usual

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The reality is the black community has brainwashed a ton of liberals to believe there's this white on black crime being perpetuated by cops all across America but the sad reality is it's a tough job and in all honesty until you start preaching to other people in your community that this black on black crime, this selling crack in the streets, this robbing convenience stores, this playing the knockout game against elderly, that carjacking and mugging people, is not the right path to be taking if you want to eliminate stereotypes. You don't want to be profiled? Maybe start acting like positive contributing members to society and the stereotypes and profiling will go away but for now while things are how they are, stereotypes exist for a reason.. And it's NOT WHITE SUPREMECY as many black racists would want you to believe. The black community holds the black community down and then goes and blames it on white supremacy. I've had enough of this inability to look in the mirror.
edit on 13-7-2017 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join