It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Chief Releases Bodycam Footage After Girl Claims Cop Sexually Assaulted Her

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
News Source

Meet Logan Huysman, a lying, conniving and presumably spoiled 18-year-old brat from Burlington, Vermont, whose attempt to smear local cops by claiming they sexually assaulted her during an altercation late last month fell by the wayside after dashcam footage was released by the city’s police chief.

The incident unfolded early on the morning of June 22, when officers found Huysman and two of her friends passed out inside a parked vehicle that was still running, smelled of alcohol and marijuana and reportedly contained paraphernalia, including a so-called bong, according to local station WPTZ.

After a brief investigation, the officers decided to confiscate the paraphernalia and let the three girls off the hook, but as Huysman waited for her father to arrive and take her home, she voluntarily chose to act like an incorrigible little snot and was soon placed under arrest.

Seems she thinks she is entitled to taunt and assault a police officer. Here' is the raw bodycam video of the altercation. You be the judge of her actions compared to the police officer's actions.

After arriving home after her arrest, she took to Facebook to try to play the victim and claim police brutality and sexual assault. After viewing the footage, seems to me that the officer's gave her every opportunity to get out of this easily. Even though she is 18, and legally an adult, they called her parents and explained the situation at hand. Explained the smell of pot in the car, and the father agreed to come pick her up to avoid arrest. She didn't accept that, and got pissed when they confiscated her drug paraphernalia.

To me it seems to be a case of a self entitled person with an attitude that the laws do not apply to her. Another case of the entitlement generation? I think the video speaks for itself.

ATS?

Discuss.

edit on 7/13/2017 by Krakatoa because: formatting and spelling

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I may be mistaken but I believe this was already posted here.
edit on 13-7-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

I would recommend checking out the Philip Defranco video on it. Even after all this, she is still being treated with kid gloves.
edit on 13-7-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

This is the generation of kids who think that social media will be their savior, anytime they act like complete fools.

Good for her, I hope they press charges for slander and defamation against those officers. Too much LEO hate going around, some of it justified, but most of it just hyped up nonsense by entitled folks.

Nice find.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

If it was posted (I didn't find it since the search utility is crap), if the mods think it is worth closing and redirecting to the original thread, so be it.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

This is the generation of kids who think that social media will be their savior, anytime they act like complete fools.

Good for her, I hope they press charges for slander and defamation against her for what she said about those officers. Too much LEO hate going around, some of it justified, but most of it just hyped up nonsense by entitled folks.

Nice find.

~Tenth

Not to nit-pick, but those last couple sentences don't read very well. I had to read them a couple times in order to understand what you were saying...at least what I believe you were saying.

Might it have been better to say...(?)...

'I hope they press charges against her for slander and defamation of those two officers. Too much anti-LEO hate going around, ... '

When I first read it I thought you were suggesting charges be pressed against the officers for slander and defamation, and that the was too many LEO's hating on people going around.

Just an observation.
edit on 7/13/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Wow! that officer utilized extreme patience.
I bet they wish they could take people like her, give their head a quick wrap off the car door frame, and slide them into the back seat for a quite ride back to the station

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
All I can say is, I pity the poor officer who had to ride all the way back to the station listening to that shrieking!

Ultimately, it seems like they tried to cut her a break and she stepped in it. Good luck with that!

There's a couple old sayings which she might be well advised to consider in the future:

1. Choose your battles wisely.

2. Don't let your alligator mouth over-run your piss-ant ass!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

And a good one

Edited!

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Something interesting to note, here. When I was probably 17 (maybe 18, who knows), I got pulled over for a taillight that was out. The kicker was that my friend (who was staying at our house while his parents were out of town) and I had just hot-boxed my car, and obviously the officer smelled it when I rolled down the window. I also had a bong on the back floor of my car in a shoe box.

Here's where things differ from my situation to this girl's: I immediately knew that I was busted for breaking the law. I was humble about it, honest with the officer, and because of that, my friend and I were allowed to sit on the curb and wait for my dad, whom she had called to come get us (and my dad brought our neighbor with him...talk about embarrassing, but someone had to drive my car home).

When my dad arrived, I was very apologetic to both the officer and my dad--again, I knew that I had messed up, and I was raised to accept the consequences head on. Because of how I acted with the officer during the incident, my punishment for the whole situation was that I had to destroy the bong in her presence. I did not get put in handcuffs, I did not get a citation, and I did not get arrested.

The ride home and the days immediately following the even were not very fun at home, but through it all, I was willing to accept the punishments that came my way and took responsibility for my stupid mistake (I was more disappointed in myself for driving while high than anything else).

So, two scenarios that were extremely similar (both are instances where a DUI would be warranted), but it's the reaction of the individual in the wrong that dictates how things go down. This has been my experience throughout my entire misspent youth (we're talking 20+ years ago)--I would get in trouble for the same things with police as my friends would, and they would act like jackasses, and I would show respect and humility. They would get in legal trouble, I would not. Many of them went to jail--I never did. Many of them have permanent records as adults, and I do not.

Actions of the suspect, generally speaking, dictate the outcome of the encounter with a police officer--it's a pretty relative universal constant in America. (remember, I said "generally speaking")

And yes, I replaced the tail light bulb the following day after getting pulled over. The funny thing is, I had the replacement bulb in my glove box at the time.

I want to add one thing: I think that if this officer was more assertive and didn't have his speech issue, she may have shown him more respect. It's a subconscious thing, possibly, but it's still no excuse. This girl is an entitled little brat, and I'm glad that her handcuffs hurt her. "Do you really think that you can move me? Good luck." She was wanting them to throw her down...she was purposefully taunting in order to trigger one of the officers, and they had very good restraint at that point, but they did not have very good control of her--I would argue that they need more training in how to get a resistive person into a vehicle.

"You're allowed to abuse me because you're a man?!" Give me a GD break. I blame parents more than anything on this one.
edit on 13-7-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Everything was fine until she got smart ass and jukein' and jivein'.

I hope she gets justice served at her

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Looks like she pled 'not guilty' to 3 misdemeanors, including assulting a cop.
It will be interesting to see what comes of this.
It would be great if she tried pulling something stupid like that in front of a judge.
or, she has to sit there and politely eat her humble pie in court. Either way, I wouldn't mind seeing it.

What a moron. someone should slap her parents/teachers/friends, ect.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I am sure that young LADY will make some dumb BOY very happy someday.

Double whammy...she is a cross country runner so you can't run away easily.

edit on 13-7-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I'm a Vermonter and have been seeing this little twit on the news multiple times. She has no clue about "the real world" or consequences. Hopefully this experience will change that...

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
These cops need to go to the Ted Bundy school of abduction.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Good for her, I hope they press charges for slander and defamation against those officers. Too much LEO hate going around, some of it justified, but most of it just hyped up nonsense by entitled folks.

Nice find.

~Tenth

Change the situation and if that was a 40 year old man with a mortage and kids he would no doubt have the book thrown at him,

The sad fact is the liberal approach to these f#ckers is to let them off. Imagine if footage was not taken. That officer has to wait what could be years for an investigation that even with no evidence he would be classed as a predator. He looses everything she gets compo...

RA

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Poor little snowflake. Being so abused.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is what happens when parents don't or aren't allowed to use corporal punishment. Pain is a great motivator to behave appropriately and take responsibility for your actions.

She needed to be bitchslapped before puberty to bring her in line. What an animal.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
A few things need to happen here.
Public Shaming (which is likely happening now and its great)
Hard labor and/or a significant fine

I just don't get why some think it's ok to disobey or show total ignorance towards the police. Especially when you know you have done something wrong (even if you don't think smoking pot is a big deal it is still illegal in most states and for sure while you are driving).

I think the states need to come up with a system for doing hard manual labor. Community service for the most part is a joke and there are so many ways one can trick the system. A lot of times its cake and teaches people nothing.

You make someone work their ass off for 120 hours, they will start to think twice about the decision they are about to make.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Seems to me the most important thing to happen now is all police officers are obliged to have Bodycams at all times.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I am a Vermonter as well.This little twit is not helping our tourest season.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join